Thoughts?

papilliontraveler

$125K seems a little low for what true neglience lawsuits usually settle for so I'd assume she bears some responsibility for what happened (refusing assistance offered? Wearing unstable shoes? Coming back a bit tipsy?) and taking it to court would be more costly for her and losing 30-40% to her lawyer. Plus her medical was covered by insurance.

Tenders can swing and sway a lot which is why Carnival and others will not pull in to a tender port if the water is too rough. so everyone needs to be careful and watch the footing when stepping on or off a tender.

Typical of this country or anywhere else. Everybody has to sue everybody.

I agree that many lawsuits are totally frivilous and Congress missed an opportunity to establish tort reform, BUT in this case, it seems the settlement was quite fair to everyone.

On our Legend cruise we were coming back on the tender and all was okay until I stepped off, a big wave came up just as I started to step on the ship, the ship went down, the tender went up and both men holding each of my hands let go and down I went. If I hadn't had my dgs with me I would have cried. I landed on my right lower leg. They picked me up and asked if I was okay and if I wanted to go to the ships doctor. I said no, I'm okay.

I knew nothing was broken and I had a big bruise from knee to ankle for about three months. I should have gone to the doc but I didn't want to worry dgs. I just laughed it off. Thank God I didn't damage it as I have a gash in that leg from 38 stitches a couple of years before.

If it ever happens to you, please have the doc check you out. I was lucky, you may not be.

Archived