Eurodam - fox news channel on tv

wyntree6

What I do want is:

• Unbiased reporting that examines both sides of an issue.
  • A news program that reports on world news, without constantly slanting it to its impact on the USA.
  • A news program that is not cut up into bites so brief that I can only assume that all its watchers have the short attention span of someone with ADHD.
  • A news program that does not appear to have its items playing in a continuously repeating loop.

So you want BBC World.

Fox and CNN both seem to present news as a form of drama and entertainment. We in Canada are more used to watching the news with more of a "just the facts" setting. I watch Fox for comic relief and CNN if I want drama. For the news I rely on CBC or CTV.

Well said and it used to be that way in the US. Now most of the US news organizations are owned and operated by powerful conglomerates that usually have a political agenda. Of course it all boils down to money doesn't it?

"Fair and balanced" news reporting is something the US hasn't seen in a long time. All the more reason I avoid the network and cable TV news at all costs. Once in a while I will watch the local news.

Ernie

CTV and CBC (especially!) have their own slants...way to the left! Hopefully we will have another perspective in Canada soon with Sun TV. With that said I hardly watch news because it is just too darn depressing. DH will watch Fox at night when I am sleeping.

Count me among those cruisers who could care less about the "news" channels while at sea. If I turn the ESPN on for 10 minutes in the morning while showering & shaving to catch a few scores its about all I care to spend while at sea as there are so many other things to do onboard.

HAL should just stick with CNN International. Doesn't hurt anyone to find out what's going on with the rest of the world while they are traveling and not always have nothing but our own favorite slant of US news.

I completely agree--I appreciate the world perspective. Our home satellite provider does not offer CNN International but I do watch BBC World, which would also be a good second choice for HAL....

There is, I have noted, and obsession about being "connected" either through a specific TV news, computer, Berrything, apple things...and cellphones.. All of which bombard with tons of useless information, not because it is important to your daily life but because they can.

I work in a place where for 4 months I have no access to TV, Radio ( other than UHF)newspaper and cell phones and computors dont work only satelite connection....

After 4 months of being happily disconnected I find my life no worse, No car chases in real time in Mubai, No problems off Africa, no invasion from mars. No opinions were sold to me, no adgendas read... just life around me and to deal with the conditions of nature around me. Thats It!

I came to the very real conclusion that my input was not impotant to the world and the world really did not or does not hang waiting for my input.

My wife informed me that at no time while I was gone did the Pope call,The president, members of Congress, Foreign leaders, local leaders, business leaders, the federal reserve, NASA or close friends... saying HawaiiDan....what should we do !!! :eek::eek::eek:

The world seems to get along just fine without me and my opinion...so why pretend otherwise and clamor for ever tidbit as though I were a world decision maker.... Are you?;)

I go on cruses to be on the ocean with my wife....

I dont bring cell phones computers, gps, pads, driods or berries....just some nice clothes and a smile. I go on cruises to enjoy the time and people,without all these techno-toys that are pretty well useless to you in reality.....think about it.... do you really have to.... or do you think you could wait a week.. or a month? I know I can :D

Hawaiian Dan I love your idea of "not being connected" to anything while on the cruise (in real life I would not survive:eek: but we do have to stay in touch with the babysitter while on the cruise so that doesn't always work! If we get to the age where there is nobody to check in on or noboby cares if we are still alive...well then we will for sure not bring any blackberries or connect while cruising:D

Krazy Kruisers,

I have no idea how you do it but you are one of Cruise Critics best resources.

Thank you for all of your information and your polite responses.

Deen:):)

Hear Hear!!

Cheers always for KK

Thank you:D

Archived