Eurodam - fox news channel on tv

wyntree6

Some cruise lines have FOX NEWS CHANNEL on their Movie/TV schedule. Does anyone know if the Eurodam includes this particular channel. We are scheduled to cruise during the election coverage on 11/2 and won't be able to keep up with the outcome. Thanks

These are the channels HAL has:

Channel 26 - On Board Services

Channel 27 - CNN -- International - based in london

Channel 28 - Shore Excursions

Channel 29 - ESPN

Channel 30 - Discovery

Channel 31 - TNT

Channel 32 - Bomerang (children's programs - some ared in Spanish)

Channel 33 - Explorations

Channel 34 - Movies 1

Channel 35 - Movies 2

Channel 36 - Film Festival Movies

Channel 37 - ESPN-2

Channel 38 - Port & Shopping

Channel 39 - Turner Classic Movies

Channel 40 - Ship Weather & Port Information (a technician came on board on Nov 22 and got this feature up and running)

Channel 41 - TV Guide - with background music of the 50's and 60's

Channel 42 - Music 1 - Classical

Channel 43 - Music 2 - Country

Channel 44 - Bow Camera - with background music of Jazz

Channel 45 - Aft Camera - with background Top 40 background music

I want real news.

And you think you get it with CNN?

Oh come on people!

I am cruising this week partly to get away from all the political fighting and nasty back and forth!

I have my views and others have theirs but we should be able to answer someone's questions without political bickering!

And to those who may ask, YES, i did send in an absentee ballot since I will be away for election day.

Krazy Kruisers,

I have no idea how you do it but you are one of Cruise Critics best resources.

Thank you for all of your information and your polite responses.

Deen:):)

Oh come on people!

I am cruising this week partly to get away from all the political fighting and nasty back and forth!

I have my views and others have theirs but we should be able to answer someone's questions without political bickering! ... snip

Thank you!

Oh come on people!

I have my views and others have theirs but we should be able to answer someone's questions without political bickering!

And to those who may ask, YES, i did send in an absentee ballot since I will be away for election day.

My comment had nothing to do with political fighting. It was a comment on the quality of CNN news reporting. Not being a US citizen, and having visited more than 50 countries I have had the opportunity to watch many TV news programs. Believe me, CNN is not even close to being one of the best.

Oh come on people!

Well said!

I am so tired of all the bickering. That is the very last thing I want on a cruise.

Small world. My daughter lives in Lansdale!

The last thing I want to watch on a cruise is the news. Pass!

Even at home I don't watch TV news. It's all slanted one way or the other and hardly objective. It's "entertainment value" more than anything.

I prefer to read printed news then put my own slant on it if I desire. ;)

Ernie

I would have to question the intelligence of anyone that thinks Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc. is "real" news. There is nothing real about any of them, unless you like slanted news casting and can't think for yourself. These news channels feed you the news, like a child with a spoon, and the sad thing is so many American's actually think it's real, and buy into every last word.

Ernie

Sad to say, the days of objective journalism went away along time ago. Fox has a consevative bent and so it becomes very controversial, in some quarters. It is no farther to the right than MSNBC and CNN are to the left. However, your point is well taken in that none of them give you the facts without thier own spin.

My comment had nothing to do with political fighting. It was a comment on the quality of CNN news reporting. Not being a US citizen, and having visited more than 50 countries I have had the opportunity to watch many TV news programs. Believe me, CNN is not even close to being one of the best.

Sounds like you're wanting a particular slant on your news. Since you're not a citizen of this country (the United States), I'll educate you. Fox provides conservative viewers with a conservative slant on the news. Really the people at Fox don't even dispute that anymore, let alone the numerous conservatives I know who enjoy watching the channel for PRECISELY that reason.

Sounds like your objections to CNN are more about your belief that they are slanted to the left which no doubt colors your viewpoint that they are inferior to your favorite brand.

Why anyone would give a rip about this on a cruise is beyond me. You have 300 plus days a year to hate the other side, surely you can get by without that for the duration of your cruise.

I always find it amusing that many Fox viewers don't realize\care that it's slanted.. We've finally come to the point in which we can all find a channel that keeps us from seeing any other viewpoints, whether you're a Fox or MSNBC or whatever.. don't have to think, just listen and fall in line..

(Off my soapbox.. Time for a TV-Free cruise) ;)

Sounds like you're wanting a particular slant on your news. Since you're not a citizen of this country (the United States), I'll educate you. Fox provides conservative viewers with a conservative slant on the news. Really the people at Fox don't even dispute that anymore, let alone the numerous conservatives I know who enjoy watching the channel for PRECISELY that reason.

Sounds like your objections to CNN are more about your belief that they are slanted to the left which no doubt colors your viewpoint that they are inferior to your favorite brand.

Why anyone would give a rip about this on a cruise is beyond me. You have 300 plus days a year to hate the other side, surely you can get by without that for the duration of your cruise.

You've said: "Since you're not a citizen of this country (the United States), I'll educate you." Do you have any idea how arrogant that sounds?

Can I remind you that Cruise Critic is not just for US citizens? It is an international site, catering for cruisers from all over the world.

It's a fact that most of those who post here seem to be from the US. It's also an unfortunate fact that many people who post here seem to think that the USA is the whole world. I guess that's why you have assumed that I am at all interested in the political affiliations of either CNN or Fox.

No, a particular slant to the news is exactly what I do not want, regardless of my political beliefs - which I have not stated and which are irrelevant anyway.

What I do want is:

• Unbiased reporting that examines both sides of an issue.
  • A news program that reports on world news, without constantly slanting it to its impact on the USA.
  • A news program that is not cut up into bites so brief that I can only assume that all its watchers have the short attention span of someone with ADHD.
  • A news program that does not appear to have its items playing in a continuously repeating loop.

Unfortunately, neither CNN nor Fox meets those criteria. I don't "hate the other side". I just think that neither Fox nor CNN reports world news accurately. I will watch either of them on a cruise because that is often all the news you can get, but I am aware of their deficiencies.

Oh come on people!

Thank you for posting this! Now, if only the mods would lock this thread and it will disappear ...

Everyone has his/her favorite news stations, and last I checked, we are all free to watch the news we want. I don't like people disparaging my choice in news programs, and I'm not going to disparage theirs. :)

Fox and CNN both seem to present news as a form of drama and entertainment. We in Canada are more used to watching the news with more of a "just the facts" setting. I watch Fox for comic relief and CNN if I want drama. For the news I rely on CBC or CTV.

Archived