Eurodam - Cabin Tap water

wyntree6

I consider it excellent for drinking.

The potable water on board is created by reverse osmosis filtering of sea water.

It is more pure than any municipal tap water or bottled waters that you may purchase.

I consider it excellent for drinking.

The potable water on board is created by reverse osmosis filtering of sea water.

It is more pure than any municipal tap water or bottled waters that you may purchase.

We totally agree. It is very good water.

The bathroom tap water is the same water you get in the Lido, at your table in the dining room or Pinnacle, at a bar, and in the melted ice cubes in your drinks.

If it's good enough everywhere else (and it is), it's good enough in the bathroom.

so our water requires lemon to drink it and it's rarely cold or even cool. The ship's water is much better. The taste of the local water must have something to do with the fact that alligators live and do things in it.

so our water requires lemon to drink it and it's rarely cold or even cool. The ship's water is much better. The taste of the local water must have something to do with the fact that alligators live and do things in it.

LOL....Oh yes the ships water is much better than we get at home! We live on the West coast of Florida & for 22 years have not used our tap water for drinking..Instead, use the filtered water from the Fridge..

Hal's tap water is wonderful..Every night I filled my insulated water bottle with tap water, & put it in the Ice bucket..It's cold by morning & I have good water while in port..

Cheers.....:)Betty

On some past cruises I've noticed both fresh water and waste water lines hooked up at major cruise piers, e.g., MIA, FLL, SJU, Ocho Rios, Aruba. In addition to dumping their waste water into some of these municipal sewer systems, I believe the cruise lines also refill their fresh water tanks there. In fact, I believe that one reason why so many cruise ships stop at Aruba is because it invested in a large desalinization plant some years back. And even though Jamaican ports are not so popular, I believe that some itineraries continue to include them to permit cheap acquisition of fresh water.

If you're willing to drink the tap water in Fort Lauderdale, for example, you might as well drink it on the ship. The ships do also supplement their supplies with their own seawater conversion equipment, but I believe they prefer to take on as much land-based fresh water as possible, as most land-based supplies are cheaper to purchase than to convert salt water on the ship.

Most seven-day Caribbean itineraries start at a port with a fresh water supply (e.g., MIA, FLL, SJU), and many itineraries include at least one additional port where more fresh water can be taken on (e.g., SJU, Jamaica, Aruba). I'm not sure of any port in the western Caribbean (e.g., Cozumel) where additional fresh water is available.

Archived