Pinnacle Grill

olemissmarathoner

IMO I think it's more about the experience. I just returned from the Eurodam last week and I found the food was pretty much the same. The steak, lobster, salad, soup, etc... nothing really was much diff from the MDR.

I will say the service in there is second to none and you are thier top priority when you are dining.

It's a special day though, book a night there and enjoy :)

Pinnacle Grill is a more privae dining experience, more elegant and less rushed and hectic than the way it sometimes can become in the dining room given certain set of circumstances. It is a menu of Northwest cuisine combined with U.S. steakhouse and done very, very well IMO (most of the time.) Like any restaurant, it happens there is an 'off meal' that isn't perfect but it is a given that can happen anywhere.

The additional cost is so minimal for what is provided.

Pinnacle dinners can be very romantic and place to celebrate special occassions.

Congratulations on our upcoming Anniversary.

Is the Pinnacle Grill a good restaurant to celebrate an anniversary? Is the food much better than in the MDR? My wife and I will be celebrating 10 years together on the Eurodam in March.

Only one experience with a Pinnacle dinner, but no the food is not better than the MDR. What it does offer is a smaller, lovely setting which may make the evening more special even if the food and/or service does not.

It also is an invitation to "dress up" on the non-formal MDR nights if this is also your choice though you will see every level of dress in the Pinnacle. But it is the place you can feel comfortable taking out that black tie and special occasion dress and feel quite at home even when it is not formal night for the rest of the ship.

We love the Pinnacle and always plan on a meal there. The food isn't necesarily "better" than the MDR, but the setting is a bit nicer.

Since you are going on the Eurodam, you might want to also consider the Tamarind for your special day. We celebrated out 20th Anniversary there last year and it was wonderful. The service and setting are just as elegant as the Pinnacle, IMO, and if you like Asian food, the menu is great.

I'd celebrate every anniversary at the Pinnacle Grill if I could;)! Actually, I'd celebrate any reason for a celebration at the Pinnacle Grill. We have eaten there for birthdays and our anniversary.

Truthfully, I think the food is a little better in the Pinnacle Grill than the MDR. The service, attention to detail, privacy and ambience are the perfect setting for a memorable anniversary dinner.

Our favorite table is in the far back. It is a half round booth under the window. Very romantic:).

I'm another one who thinks the beef is much better then the MDR. I've never had beef anywhere near that good in the MDR.

Agree, much better in the Pinnacle. I think the beef on formal nights in the MDR is probably okay, but the nightly available steak, sirloin the times we've tried it a long time ago, has been shoe leather. If we order beef at all now it is only in the Pinnacle.

Agree, much better in the Pinnacle. I think the beef on formal nights in the MDR is probably okay, but the nightly available steak, sirloin the times we've tried it a long time ago, has been shoe leather. If we order beef at all now it is only in the Pinnacle.

I agree.....the beef I've had in the MDR is mediocre at best. I wonder how all these other folks manage to get awesome steaks in the MDR when we can't:).

My wife and I have celebrated our anniversary four times in the last six years aboard HAL ships - twice on the Prinsendam and twice on the Amsterdam, always in the Pinnacle. We think that it is a wonderful place to celebrate. In fact, we will be on the Eurodam starting Nov. 20. Our anniversary is Nov. 21. Unfortunately the avaiable times in the Pinnacle on the 21st were not what we wanted so we are celebrating this anniversary on the 22nd in the Pinnacle. Life is great!

Happy Anniversary!!

The Pinnacle is a great place to have a quiet, special dinner.

The beef there is sooooo much better than in the dining room.

Book it now so that you won't be disappointed.

A great dining experience. Food is very good but ambiance and service makes it a worthwhile adventure. We never miss the opportunity. I do wish they would change the menu periodically, though.

A great dining experience. Food is very good but ambiance and service makes it a worthwhile adventure. We never miss the opportunity. I do wish they would change the menu periodically, though.

Actually it was changed just a couple of years ago when they removed the Northwest Clam Chowder Soup among other things.

And in the fall of 2009 they added the Kabobs.

My friend and I are cruising on the Veendam later this month. We have each been given a Pinnacle dinner credit, and I have booked it on line for the last night of the cruise, hoping I will get a refund of the $40 when we turn in our vouchers.

I have two tiny concerns about the Pinnacle:

The first is the food. It appears to be a steak house, and neither of us eat beef. My friend will eat poultry and fish, and I will eat wild caught (not farmed) seafood. What are our chances of getting something worthwhile in the Pinnacle.

The other concern is minimal. It appears that the Pinnacle is a romantic place for couples. We are not a couple, except in the sense that there are two of who will be eating together. We would probably prefer to eat with a group than just with each other, if that is possible. Is the ambience really that of prom night at the local steak place? Or otherwise "date night?"

My friend and I are cruising on the Veendam later this month. We have each been given a Pinnacle dinner credit, and I have booked it on line for the last night of the cruise, hoping I will get a refund of the $40 when we turn in our vouchers.

I have two tiny concerns about the Pinnacle:

The first is the food. It appears to be a steak house, and neither of us eat beef. My friend will eat poultry and fish, and I will eat wild caught (not farmed) seafood. What are our chances of getting something worthwhile in the Pinnacle.

The other concern is minimal. It appears that the Pinnacle is a romantic place for couples. We are not a couple, except in the sense that there are two of who will be eating together. We would probably prefer to eat with a group than just with each other, if that is possible. Is the ambience really that of prom night at the local steak place? Or otherwise "date night?"

I think you will still find yummy non-beef items. For the starters there is both French Onion Soup and Lobster Bisque (served tableside). The caesar salad comes with optional anchovies, served tableside as well. Then also jumbo shrimp cocktail and crabcakes. For entrees I believe there was a wild Salmon entree served with two choices of sauce/marinade. And also a Black Cod on cedar plank served with shrimp scampi (I wish I had tried this our second night in PG). And of course the to-die for Volcano Cake has no beef :D Sorry, thought I would throw a little humor in.

In terms of romance, the truly only romantic seating are the little booths in the corners of PG. Just ask for a table of two, no booth please. And then you will just have a standard sit across from each other table of two. I sail with family, typically three of us and we are totally comfortable. Doesn't feel like prom or anything. Sometimes it is very quiet, that can be a little uncomfortable after a while. It's just so different from the bustling MDR and Lido. Probably just takes some getting used to. Hope you enjoy PG on cruise! Best wishes :o

I don't think Pinnacle lends itself to the shared table experience. Make a reservation for just the two of you - you should not feel out of place just because you are not a couple. I think I have seen singles eat there too.

I can't recall/comment on whether the fish is wild or farmed. The menu did include chicken, fish and at least one vegetarian option IIRC.

I have wild salmon in Pinnacle and it's delicious. I rarely eat beef. I ask them to grill it plain with no butter and they always oblige.

There is no 'random assigning' sharing of tables as in Pinnacle. You should have no discomfort sharing with your companion. Travel companions often dine together in all settings. Two gentlemen dining together, two ladies, a lady and gentleman,,,,,, what's the difference? :confused: Why would anyone have any opinion?

Enjoy your evening.

Is the Pinnacle Grill a good restaurant to celebrate an anniversary? Is the food much better than in the MDR? My wife and I will be celebrating 10 years together on the Eurodam in March.

Congratulations and ABSOLUTELY!!:)

The ambiance is very special. The setting is intimate. The service is fabulous. Oh, and the food is good too.:)

My DW and I ate there after renewing our vows on the Zuiderdam in June. 35 years for us.:D

Archived