Oasis - can you take on a steamer?

hartskys

I had packed a travel iron in my luggage on the Explorer and it was confiscated and returned to me at gangway at the end of our cruise. I decided to take a small travel steamer in my carryon and that too was confiscated and I had to retrieve it at the Dock.

I gave up taking my travel steamer because of the extra weight, and now it looks like it's a gamble to take it anyway.

I take an emply plastic spray bottle now and fill it with water. I spray my clothes, smooth the wrinkles with my hands, and hang them up. If I can't spray them with water, they don't get packed.

My wife and I were on Oasis last month and her iron was taken. When they scan the luggage they can detect them and mark your bag. We received all of our bags but the on ethat had the iron in it and our cabin stewart told us it would be available at security after 5 PM. We went down there and there were two lines, one for alcohol and one for irons. The iron line was 4 times as long. They made her claim the bag, remove the iron and give to them. She then got a claim check to get it back on the day we debarked the ship. They had 2 55 gal. drums full of irons that had been taken. Once we got back to our cabin I noticed that the screeners had marked the bag "IRON" with masking tape.

Still trying to figure this one out. The website states no "irons" so we don't bring our travel iron. We also have a "steamer". Round and Plastic with a handle. I am bringing this on my cruise on Saturday.

I read up on Celebrity because they are sister companies and they specifically state in their policy that irons are not allowed but steamers are. I am also bringing a small bottle of "Downey Wrinkle Remover". They sell them for about $1.50 in the travel sections. I hope I don't have to use it because I am sensitive to perfumes. So I hope I get to hold onto my steamer!

Still trying to figure this one out. The website states no "irons" so we don't bring our travel iron. We also have a "steamer". Round and Plastic with a handle. I am bringing this on my cruise on Saturday.

I read up on Celebrity because they are sister companies and they specifically state in their policy that irons are not allowed but steamers are. I am also bringing a small bottle of "Downey Wrinkle Remover". They sell them for about $1.50 in the travel sections. I hope I don't have to use it because I am sensitive to perfumes. So I hope I get to hold onto my steamer!

If you could please let us know when you return if you had any problem. We are going on the Oasis in 18 days! Cant Wait!

• 3 months later...

Celebrity's website now says no steamers either. I assume this applies to RCI as well.

We took our travel steamer on Oasis in November and had no problems. I packed it in the checked luggage and just took the two pieces apart and separated them in the suitcase. I put in our "miscellaneous" small suitcase with the kids sand toys, power strip, suntan lotions, etc.

I have not only taken my steamer, but I always leave it out in the open where the cabin attendant can see it and nobody has ever said anything to me or taken it.

I was referring to the luggage scanners/security. Your stateroom attendant, dependent on gratuities, will almost never say or do anything unless there is an outright hazard.

Archived