CocoCay Excursions

travelgrl1278

We've done a glass bottom boat (not in Coco Cay, tho) and IMO, it was a waste of money. Not nearly as good a view of sealife as in an aquarium!

When at Coco Cay, we use it as a beach day, and don't spend any extra money on excursions. Since the day is included in your fare, it's a great way to have a lovely beach day on the cheap!

We've done a glass bottom boat (not in Coco Cay, tho) and IMO, it was a waste of money. Not nearly as good a view of sealife as in an aquarium!

When at Coco Cay, we use it as a beach day, and don't spend any extra money on excursions. Since the day is included in your fare, it's a great way to have a lovely beach day on the cheap!

yup!! Thats what we do. If anything get snorkel equipment.

Wife and I were in CocoCay last month. We just walked the island and enjoyed what it had to offer.. You could walk almost half of the island on the shoreline with no problem. It is a very pretty place to visit.

I love Coco....we just veg on the beach and walk the trails. Occasionally we bring our own snorkel gear so we don't have to rent theirs.

Sometimes, in the winter months, the seas are too choppy to tender into the island and the ship misses the stop...it is disappointing when this happens.

Has anyone done the Glass Bottom Boat Tour or the Eco Adventure Boat Tour in CocoCay? Just trying to get a feel for which would be better. Give me your likes & dislikes please!!!:D

As others have said, we prefer snorkeling. We have done a glass bottom boat, but not a CocoCay. It was fine. I would do it again if I had the grandkids with me.

We are very sun-shy.... and are keen to know is there sufficient shade on Coco Cay?

It would be great to not have to have to splurge on a cabana. How much are the cabanas and are they worth it??

Many thanks and happy sailing,

Cruiznuts

I am the same way...i have a nick-name of Casper I'm so white (oh the joys of the night shift). If you are one of the first people off the ship you can have your pick of the shady spots. There are plenty of chairs under trees that will provide you shade all day long.

I am the same way...i have a nick-name of Casper I'm so white (oh the joys of the night shift). If you are one of the first people off the ship you can have your pick of the shady spots. There are plenty of chairs under trees that will provide you shade all day long.

This is what we do, just pick a nice shady spot.

Laura

• 3 years later...

We just did the Bahamas marine life encounter Eco boat tour (formerly named Eco Adventure Boat tour) and had a blast! We saw Sea Turtles, Sharks, Stingrays, a touch tank with a great variety of touch friendly marine animals and even got to pick up and take pictures with everything. In addition to the touch tank, the guide had a pet 3 ft Green Iguana on the boat and some giant land crabs with huge pinchers that we got to hold and take our picture with it. If you want to learn all about the Bahamas' Eco system and see all the wild marine life this is definitely the tour to do! You will not be disappointed!