can a wireless intenet package be bought

csoud

by the week instead of the hour? we are looking at possibly using the laptop for 7 hrs or so and the hourly rate is staggering. we thought maybe if there was a set price we could decide wich way to go.

They have different plans but they are all minute based I believe.

thanks guys. we are just worried a bit that the ship wont be able to broadcast the sec championship game on cbs. nobody can give us a straight answer on that deal and we will just see what happens when we board. if we have to we will pay the internet by the hour and watch.

thanks guys. we are just worried a bit that the ship wont be able to broadcast the sec championship game on cbs. nobody can give us a straight answer on that deal and we will just see what happens when we board. if we have to we will pay the internet by the hour and watch.

Someone said that it would be on CBS that posted to your thread, in which case it would be on the tv in your cabin if no where else.

I know you blasted/flamed me for asking which channel it would be broadcast on .. and you didnt know which channel so yelled at me for not being helpfull.

If it is on CBS then watch it in your cabin ..surely between now and then you can confirm the channel? The schedule will be out for tv before you board.

It should be...last year we were on the Glory and watched the UGA-LSU game on CBS in one of the bars, and it was on in the room. I don't think you will have a problem.

I thinks the rates are pretty standard...

250 mins for $100

100 mins for $55

$.075 per minute

The service can be very slow. I would assume that it will be shown on the CBS affliate from Denver, if it is the championship game....just be aware the times will be different.

And there could be a possibility of losing the satellite signal periodically.

Set the DVR at home just in case you might lose portions while you are sailing, if it is important to you. While not as exciting as live, at least you can see the whole game.

Even if you could get a weekly package, and you can't, streaming video is pretty much impossible.

At the best, the download speed on all ships minus the Dream is about 35K... less than dial up.

As Firefly mentioned, if it's a network show it'll be available in your cabin and I'm sure, if you ask, they'll be glad to put it on one of the flat screen TVs in any of the bars or lounges.

Fly... don't feel bad. I have no idea what network it would be on, either.

:)

I would tip the sports bar waiter 50 bucks to find that channel before I would try to stream video from the ship and pay per minute...Just sayin

You are not going to be able to stream the game on the Internet no matter how many minutes or hours you purchase. There is simply not enough bandwidth to accomplish that task.

Since the game is on CBS you will be able to see it on the TVs in the cabin and in the bars.

I tried using wifi on my ipad - signal was intermittent at best, and very slow, so it would be impossible to stream live feeds. We were in the same situation...my bf wanted to watch the Cal-Oregon game last week..couldn't track it on the internet as it was too slow and I had run out of minutes anyway..he settled for watching the live updates on tv lol. If it's the SEC championship, I'm pretty sure it'll be broadcast..

Someone said that it would be on CBS that posted to your thread, in which case it would be on the tv in your cabin if no where else.

I know you blasted/flamed me for asking which channel it would be broadcast on .. and you didnt know which channel so yelled at me for not being helpfull.

If it is on CBS then watch it in your cabin ..surely between now and then you can confirm the channel? The schedule will be out for tv before you board.

You are right, I truly apologize. next when someone such as yourself asks me a question that i have already answered in my original post i will handle it differently.

Archived