Coffeemakers or no coffeemakers

LaWeezy

Can someone who has sailed recently let me know if there are coffeemakers in the NCL Dawn staterooms? I have read conflicting posts saying no not anymore and some that say yes they do. Please let us know. Thanks :confused:

Can someone who has sailed recently let me know if there are coffeemakers in the NCL Dawn staterooms? I have read conflicting posts saying no not anymore and some that say yes they do. Please let us know. Thanks :confused:

Depends on your cabin category. Oceanview and Inside do not have coffee makers of any sort, as of this past January.

Thanks, that helps. We have a balcony booked - so I'm going to go with - yes we have a coffeemaker. No need to get up, get dressed and get coffee or wait for room service. So handy with your own coffee pot.

Thanks again.

So Dawn & Sun yes - Jewel no. I wonder how they decide? Robes would be a bonus. We had none on the Sky, but maybe the Dawn has them. Oh, hey maybe champagne, cheese tray, cavier, massage waiting - ok, ok I'll be happy to have a coffeemaker. :p

Got off Jewel two weeks ago had a balcony room 9th floor no coffee maker they had something to make hot water and instant coffee and tea was available:mad:

Was that 'something' to make hot water a carafe that you put water in and then the 'something' heated it? If so, that's what they consider a coffee maker for the balcony rooms. That is what we had when NCL used to provide a coffee maker in all the cabins.

Got off Jewel two weeks ago had a balcony room 9th floor no coffee maker they had something to make hot water and instant coffee and tea was available:mad:

Yep, that was the coffee maker! And guess what, it makes hot chocolate too, so it could be called a hot chocolate maker, but you have to remember to bring the packets of cocoa from the buffet to your cabin or it will just be a hot water maker..... ;)

On Jewel 2 weeks ago 9th floor balcony, robes also available. I wouldn't consider a hot water carafe a coffee maker. Unless you like Maxwell House instant coffee which was available. You can bring hot choclate packs up to room to enjoy later. Instant coffee was popular 30 years ago now with cheap , fast coffee makers I think most people brew there own, I'm spoiled now . The Dawn years ago had coffee makers, I guess too much work to clean each day.Had a fantastic cruise on the Jewel. Enjoy your cruise ! Early coffee and danishes available before buffet open.

There is a big difference IMO between a hot water kettle and a coffeemaker. INSTANT COFFEE??? Rather have none thank you. But if an OV on the Dawn has coffeemakers, our Balcony should have one. I will be sure to post YES or NO after we get back in January. We are going on a cabin crawl, so I will be able to report if any other category has them.

Yep, that was the coffee maker! And guess what, it makes hot chocolate too, so it could be called a hot chocolate maker, but you have to remember to bring the packets of cocoa from the buffet to your cabin or it will just be a hot water maker..... ;)

Can it be adapted to make tea as well? ;)

We are in an oceanview cabin on Dawn and asked an agent at NCL and he said there was a coffeemaker in the cabin. How about it......cat G oceanview.....coffeemaker or not???

No coffee makers or hot water makers in oceanview cabins regardless of what an NCL agent might say. They are probably going on last year's info since those carafe hot water heaters were available in all cabins until this past January. Then they were taken out of oceanview and inside. We had an oceanview cabin on the Sun last month, no coffee maker of any sort.

Depends on your cabin category. Oceanview and Inside do not have coffee makers of any sort, as of this past January.

does this apply for the gem? We are sailing on here in sept. and i think coffee makers will be nice a touch to have it in the room, we have an inside on deck 9

does this apply for the gem? We are sailing on here in sept. and i think coffee makers will be nice a touch to have it in the room, we have an inside on deck 9

It applies to ALL of the NCL ships. Last January NCL made several cutbacks that affected ALL of their ships:

no free champagne at embarkation

no chocolates on the pillow

cappucino is no longer free, not even in MDR after dinner

no more laundry rooms (I think this decision was earlier)

no more coffee makers in oceanview and inside cabins

I think there were some other cutbacks, but these are the ones I remember.

It applies to ALL of the NCL ships. Last January NCL made several cutbacks that affected ALL of their ships:

no free champagne at embarkation

no chocolates on the pillow

cappucino is no longer free, not even in MDR after dinner

no more laundry rooms (I think this decision was earlier)

no more coffee makers in oceanview and inside cabins

I think there were some other cutbacks, but these are the ones I remember.

Correct...the self serrvice laundry rooms were closed about a year earlier.

Archived