Comments please about Frank Castiglione, CD

Mimg Pao

We will be sailing on the Star Princess b2b from Rome to Buenos Aries, Dec. 4 to January 9. I contacted Princess recently and was told that our CD would be Neil Roberts. We have now learned that the CD is Frank Castiglione.

Would really appreciate receiving comments, good, bad or indifferent from passengers who have sailed with him.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

We've had Frank Castiglione twice as CD. I agree with the comments that he can be a bit hyper, and his routine is outdated. But we found him to be charming and easy to talk to during our CC M&G on the Coral last year. He kept the attention of the audience most of the time, and he did a great job with the Dicey Wooden Horseracing. He wasn't our all-time best CD, but we thought he was above average. Just my $0.02.

David

I am wondering what the point of the question is...this person irrespective of their talent or otherwise...is not is a position to defend themselves.

Would a CD with a poor reputation stop you from booking a cruise or cause you to cancel one...if not then not much point in asking the question.

I am looking at some of the "talent" plus CD and entertainment for my next cruise and its not filling me with glee, more like "oh no" but I am going to have a great time no matter because I choose to.

A fantastic CD can have an impact on how much extra enjoyment your cruise can bring.. Adam Goder is great and I would love to cruise with him and his team again..but a cruise is what YOU make it.

I am wondering what the point of the question is...this person irrespective of their talent or otherwise...is not is a position to defend themselves.

Would a CD with a poor reputation stop you from booking a cruise or cause you to cancel one...if not then not much point in asking the question.

I am looking at some of the "talent" plus CD and entertainment for my next cruise and its not filling me with glee, more like "oh no" but I am going to have a great time no matter because I choose to.

A fantastic CD can have an impact on how much extra enjoyment your cruise can bring.. Adam Goder is great and I would love to cruise with him and his team again..but a cruise is what YOU make it.

Having already given my opinion about the original question, I can also say it doesn't matter who the CD is. It's not going to make me change my mind about a cruise. If they're bad, I'll just ignore him or her and go on my way and enjoy the cruise.

A CD can have a big impact if you're on a cruise with a lot of sea days, such as the OP's T/A. And even moreso if the weather is iffy. To me, a good CD is not one who entertains (that's why they have entertainers on board) but one who plans a variety of activities and is organized. Some CDs have few planning skills and limited creativity. If the weather is bad and everyone is indoors, a good CD will have enough activities planned to attract passengers which keeps passengers from crowding some areas. I've been on cruises when the CD didn't have a clue and people camped out in the buffet for the day every day. The CD whined that he didn't have the budget for more activities. IMHO, he didn't have the brain cells.

If this is the Frank of whom I'm thinking, then you may get very tired of this closing......

Toss the mike from one hand to the other, and say "Ciao for now" each and every time...............got rather old very quickly.

We've had him twice on the Star.

I find your comments unnecessary and somewhat inflammatory. I was simply asking fellow cc people for feedback on Frank as I had never heard of him. When we found out a few days ago that Frank would be the CD, someone on our roll call posted numerous negative comments about Frank that had been searched for through google. To say the least, it was somewhat disconcerting to read this and that is why I posted on the main Princess board.

Please read Pam in California's response. Pam has always has responded in a well thought out reasoned fashion and I agree with her completely.

Also, in answer to your question, there is no CD on this planet that would stop me from booking a cruise (and we only book long cruises - usually one month or longer) if the itinerary and the date was what we wanted. YOU PRESUME TOO MUCH.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

A CD can have a big impact if you're on a cruise with a lot of sea days, such as the OP's T/A.... Some CDs have few planning skills and limited creativity.

I have been on a 10 day cruise with a great CD.

There were even four different production shows during that 10 days. The CD said the performers were being paid, so he indtended to have them work.

He also had numerous activities for sea days including creative activities such as elevator roulette.

His morning TV shows were interesting and not just a reading of the Patter out loud. One day he did the broadcast from an aft elevator.

So while a poor CD does not mean a bad cruise, a great CD can mean a more enjoyable cruise experience.

Archived