Cozumel - Dock or tender ?

Groliv

Will we tender or dock in Cozumel ? I've only cruised there once before, and it was a few months after a hurricane had wiped out the cruise ship dock (believe it or not !!) and we had to tender. Just wondering if this is back to dock now ?:)

Will we tender or dock in Cozumel ? I've only cruised there once before, and it was a few months after a hurricane had wiped out the cruise ship dock (believe it or not !!) and we had to tender. Just wondering if this is back to dock now ?:)

It will be dock. I cruised there after the hurrucane and tendered in and commented on how weird that was.

Hi Groliv!

Visit the 3 Amigos on the dock in Cozumel. Our server was fantastic and the food was delicious!

We visited Playa Bonita and did the tour around the island. We did not book via Carnival. We hired a van for 4 hours @ $35.00 per person. Next time around, we will definitely go to Nachi Cocum. More bang for the buck!

The dock has been rebuilt, and will direct you straight into CCL's shopping mall -

The dock has been rebuilt, and will direct you straight into CCL's shopping mall -

Maybe

There are three piers in Cozumel. Two of them empty into the Carnival pier area. The other doesn't. Carnival will usually dock two of its ships at the Carnival pier.

At thimes there are as many as 12 ships in Coz. When that happens people tender and the ships dock where they can.

Check this link out to see the pier schedules:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CruiseShips

If you are very lucky, then there will already be two carnival ships docked at Puerta Maya (the Carnival "town"), and you will be docked at Punta Langosta (like the Ecstasy should be on our 11/27 cruise). The Punta Langosta pier is right in downtown Coz and you exit through a local mall to end up right in the heart of it all. Saves you the $7 cab fare from the International Pier and/or Puerta Maya.

I had to be tendered into Cozumel too, in Dec 2005, after a hurricane. All ships were tendered.

Fortunately, they have built up 3 piers in Cozumel now, which can easily accomodate 6 ships. And on the date that the Imagination will be in there (1/5), there will be only 4 ships in port. At least that's what I'm seeing being reported. If true, there will be as many as 11,657 passengers, not too bad. We had over 14,000, and it didn't feel overly crowded. There will be 2 Carnival ships in port that day (you & Legend), so you will likely both dock at Carnival's port (can't remember the name of it right now). But it's the one furthest South.

Archived