Help needed from any computer geeks out there!!!!

Cruzin RN

My DH and I are going on the Monarch of the Sea this weekend :)

Our College football team will be in the play offs on Saturday...we are upset that we can't be there (but not willing to give up our cruise to go!!)...The game will be streamed live on http://www.ncaa.com and on hometown radio that is available via the internet.

We will be in port in Nassau at game time...I plan on taking my laptop. Has anyone out there tried to watch a broadcast via WiFi on the ship??? OR..Is it better to try and listen to the game on the radio....AND...how much will a 3 hr. game hook up cost us??? OR should we go into port and find an internet cafe, etc.

Not as concerned about the cost, as I am the quality of the broadcast...

Go Eagles~~~~

PLEASE ADVISE!!!!

Never have tried to watch sporting events myself, however, don't be surprised if the game is televised in the Schooner Bar. I don't know if there are restrictions if you are in port, but we've seen many folks watch sporting events in there. Good luck!

PS. Have fun, I love the Monarch!

If the bandwidth is as horrible as some made it sound, down in the Wifi thread ... I'd say radio.

Unless you don't mind watching the game in 14 second slices with a 5 second potty break in between.

That's what I was afraid of....it makes me crazy when it freezes !!!

We saw a bunch of college football on our Jewel cruise in October. Which game is it? It could be aired on the ship. Otherwise I would go to an internet cafe in port, way too expensive to try to watch on the ship if you can even get the bandwidth to play it.

It is Ga Southern...a division I-AA team. They might broadcast it on TV but have not announced it. We will cross our fingers!!!

Thanks for the help...I'm convinced that we would probably just get frustrated trying to watch it online.

Our College football team will be in the play offs on Saturday...we are upset that we can't be there (but not willing to give up our cruise to go!!)...The game will be streamed live on www.ncaa.com and on hometown radio that is available via the internet.

We will be in port in Nassau at game time...I plan on taking my laptop. Has anyone out there tried to watch a broadcast via WiFi on the ship??? OR..Is it better to try and listen to the game on the radio....AND...how much will a 3 hr. game hook up cost us??? OR should we go into port and find an internet cafe, etc.

Go Eagles~~~~

PLEASE ADVISE!!!!

Go to a hotel or coffee shop in Nassau and use the free WiFi to watch the game via video stream. If you try to watch from the ship you will drive yourself crazy....the wifi is S L O W!

BILL

we have watched many sporting events on ships and were surprised they were televised at all....so you might be pleasantly surprised....however, if not shown on ship TV then best bet is to go into Nassau andfind it somewhere..

funny thing....years ago before all todays fancy gadgets...I remember my husband watching a Celtics NBA finals game on his little 2 inch Sony handheld black and white TV...while on the beach in Nassau...actually got it thru the air...was a bit fuzzy and not in color but was top notch electronics at the time...I wanna say it was about 15 years ago...still have that little handheld and it actually still works believe it or not

You might even look into a day pass or a nightly rate at one of the resorts (like Hilton, Sheraton, or Sandals). One of them might have it televised through Satellite--or the resort fee might cover you for the wifi AND drinks, lunch, and use of the beach facilities :)

You might even look into a day pass or a nightly rate at one of the resorts (like Hilton, Sheraton, or Sandals). One of them might have it televised through Satellite--or the resort fee might cover you for the wifi AND drinks, lunch, and use of the beach facilities :)

Join the crew @ Bahama Joes 1/2 a block in from the waterfront at Senior frogs. They have sat TV and will tune in which ever sports programing the bar tenders wants (he can be influenced by tips) If this fails, they have good wifi and provide the password on your drink receipt.

Enjoy the game

we have watched many sporting events on ships and were surprised they were televised at all....so you might be pleasantly surprised....however, if not shown on ship TV then best bet is to go into Nassau andfind it somewhere..

funny thing....years ago before all todays fancy gadgets...I remember my husband watching a Celtics NBA finals game on his little 2 inch Sony handheld black and white TV...while on the beach in Nassau...actually got it thru the air...was a bit fuzzy and not in color but was top notch electronics at the time...I wanna say it was about 15 years ago...still have that little handheld and it actually still works believe it or not

WOW....where there's a will...there's a way!!!!

Our College football team will be in the play offs on Saturday...we are upset that we can't be there (but not willing to give up our cruise to go!!)...The game will be streamed live on www.ncaa.com and on hometown radio that is available via the internet.

Go Eagles~~~~

PLEASE ADVISE!!!!

I suspect that the NCAA stream will not be available outside of the USA.

Archived