Do you have a Ship on a Stick??

BarbaraSails

Now hold on a second and I will go and get my Ship on a Stick. I keep it in a locked and lit cabinet where it is proudly displayed for the world to see. I now gently grasp it with a cotton cloth so as not to damage it. There is a bright reflection on the solid gold as the sun geams on it. .............. Careful! ................. As I look at it I see a gigantic replica of a Carnival Ship with hundreds of windows hand carved into the hull. There is a large funnel, a mast and a radar tower at the very top deck. Beneath this are 18 life boats, again hand carved into the hull and upper decks. ............. Be gentile now! ...................

The ship rests on a laurel wreath with 64 leaves (32 on each side) and 64 more on the opposite side. The wreath rests on a circular base divided into two sections. This in turn rests on a square black base (probably some rare stone). On the front of the base is the Carnival emblem and the words "M.S. Tropicale", a tribute to a fomer ship no longer in Carnival service but still a pleasant memory to those who sailed her.

So there it is in all it's glory, a reward for some impossible task completed by this Cruise Critic many years ago. It is a tribute to the brave and a reward to the daring.

Now I will gently wipe the ship on a stick to remove any hand prints and slowing but carefully replace it back in its place of honor. There it will lie for all to see. With that done, I wipe a tear from my eye as I remember the day it was rewarded to me.

That my friends is SHIP ON A STICK.

Now hold on a second and I will go and get my Ship on a Stick. I keep it in a locked and lit cabinet where it is proudly displayed for the world to see. I now gently grasp it with a cotton cloth so as not to damage it. There is a bright reflection on the solid gold as the sun geams on it. .............. Careful! ................. As I look at it I see a gigantic replica of a Carnival Ship with hundreds of windows hand carved into the hull. There is a large funnel, a mast and a radar tower at the very top deck. Beneath this are 18 life boats, again hand carved into the hull and upper decks. ............. Be gentile now! ...................

The ship rests on a laurel wreath with 64 leaves (32 on each side) and 64 more on the opposite side. The wreath rests on a circular base divided into two sections. This in turn rests on a square black base (probably some rare stone). On the front of the base is the Carnival emblem and the words "M.S. Tropicale", a tribute to a fomer ship no longer in Carnival service but still a pleasant memory to those who sailed her.

So there it is in all it's glory, a reward for some impossible task completed by this Cruise Critic many years ago. It is a tribute to the brave and a reward to the daring.

Now I will gently wipe the ship on a stick to remove any hand prints and slowing but carefully replace it back in its place of honor. There it will lie for all to see. With that done, I wipe a tear from my eye as I remember the day it was rewarded to me.

That my friends is SHIP ON A STICK.

Sounds glorious! A picture, please?

:)

Yup won it on my 10th cruise thanks to my 2 drinking buddies Mark and Rich.. between the 3 of us we won Sports Trivia.. and I got the ship on a stick since they both had one one earlier.. for the slot tournament and another trivia game.. Thanks guys :D

Hubby won his Freedom ship on a stick by scoring 29/30 on name that tune trivia. I think my score was about 12. It sits proudly on the fireplace mantle at home. Have a few medals from some of the other participation games on previous cruises but that was the first ship on a stick. Truly cherished.

We have two Golden Ships on the Stick, the Destiny and the Freedom. But that does not tell the whole story. On the Ecstasy and Senation we tied at the end of the normal rounds of Trivia, but lost in double and triple overtimes. But I want to add, it was just my 15 year DD and myself versus groups of 4 to 5 people with an age ranges from 12 to 67 years old. Not very fair, but we did finally win. In fact, the Destiny award came after we lost a double overtime rounds, but the family of 3 that beat us had already won multiple trophies, and wanted the second place medal, so we swapped. A we nice family. And we finally had our first trophy. The Freedom award came via the Fact or Fiction contest. The last two players entering the overtime round were myself and my same DD, now 17. She beat me in overtime. Great fun and a great family memory. Will post a photo soon.

Have three, two from the Jubilee and one from the Legend. Do have couple of medals. All from Hairy Chest contests. Won six out of seven and the won I lost was rigged. No photos as they were all on nude curises and contest held in the "No Photo Zone"..

Maybe I should retire and let there be new winners. Two more cruises booked so I will see who is the competition.

I got five on one cruise. All from trivia. We lined them up in front of the mirror in our cabin so it looked like we had ten! We came home with three; We gave one to an older man who had always wanted on, and my DD gave one to the pinanist at the piano bar. The remaining ones live on a low shelf in the family room where my cat sometimes chews on the funnels.

Archived