Pied Piper - Celebrity Eclipse Post-Thanksgiving Nov 26, 2011 11/26/11

Chill&Will

• 2 months later...

There is a lot to tell. I have been on the last 5 PPPT cruises, and they get better and better every year.

In 2010 there were 1100 + in the group and we had a great time. The groups have ranged from 400 to 1100 in the past and I can only imagine that they will get bigger over time.

Feel free to ask anything you want as there is so much to tell I could go on for days and not cover what you want to hear!!

Kyle

Thanks Kyle!

I think the fact that you've been on quite a few in the past certainly says enough for me

I'll book this today!

Now I have something to really look forward to!

I'm sure this board will get busier and busier as we get closer!

:rolleyes:

Anthony

Hi!

I was on the 'other' Roll Call for this sailing and was very happy to hear that Pied Piper groups have a good reputation for 'behaving' and straight couples were looking forward to sailing with us ;)

I was on a Bear cruise several years ago and was (sadly) ashamed of the antics of some of our group members and turned me off of taking a cruise with a gay group....

I can't wait! Getting really excited since I know it'll be here before we know it!...I'm thinking of booking the Summit Feb '12 Pied Piper as well...

I have another cruise booked already that week in February, but hey...deposits can be refunded! :D

I was going to wait until November to see if I felt comfortable with a big group, but I just KNOW I'm going to have a great time!

I had to book a short 3-day cruise on Majesty next month to get my 'fix' now that the cruise bug has gone into overdrive!

I am really looking forward to meeting some great new people, making new friends and enjoying myself...

It will be my first time on Celebrity as well...

Hurry November!

See you all soon!

Anthony

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow Eclipse cruisers!

I just booked the Pied Piper post Thanksgiving cruise. I have been on other Pied Piper cruises but never the post Thanksgiving one.

Wow! 1100 Pied Pipers last year! That's more than 1/3 of the ship!

I'm really looking forward to the cruise and looking forward to meeting you guys.

Glenn

My partner and I booked this cruise about a month ago. We have never been on a pied piper cruise before. What kind of events do they have? Do they have one event a day or several events a day? Just wanting to get a feel for what to expect in the course of the week. So far I think we have seven of us going in a group.

Would someone who has been on a pied piper Post thanksgiving cruise in the past give us an idea what the group does the first night, second night, third night and so on during the cruise. How do they know people in the group from other people on the cruise? bands? seapass? dog tags? Sorry for all the questions.

I was on the 10th anniversary PPPT cruise in '09 and had to miss last years due to it being a year of tranistion....alas!...life is better now!...new relationship!...couldnt be happier!...and can't wait to be part of this years cruise with my new love!...Right now eight months seems like a very long way away but just knowing we'll be part of this amazing cruise makes it feel like the fun has already begun!...;-) Liza

P.S. as far as Pied Piper if you are new?...Derek, Lyman and the whole crew couldn't possibly be better at what they do!...they are on it right down to the smallest detail!....I had my doubts the fisrt time being a woman and all and thus being in the 10% minority...but they totally made sure we were included, welcomed and even had a special meet and greet just for us!...

the schedule will come out sometime after final payment is due but well before sailing time...on my last cruise with PP we all had beautiful small rainbow pins...I also seem to remember that there was an awesome cocktail party the first evening for us all!...additionally had our own section in the dining room which provided lots of opportunity to get to know each other!...welcome!...Liza

• 4 weeks later...
Would someone who has been on a pied piper Post thanksgiving cruise in the past give us an idea what the group does the first night, second night, third night and so on during the cruise. How do they know people in the group from other people on the cruise? bands? seapass? dog tags? Sorry for all the questions.

As far as activities go on board there are tons! There will be a Welcome Aboard Party, a Singles mixer, a Womens mixer, a pool side party, possibly Karoke Idol, Movie night, nightly cocktails at various locations etc.....

There are private excursions, booked through a seperate tour operator and only Pied Piper's will be able to book them. Make sure to book those early as they do tend to fill up and can not be booked once on board.

As far as recognition, they provide a rainbow pin to all of us to wear around, you will not be able to miss our group. They also put a rainbow sticker on your sea pass card, this is your ticket to get into the private functions on board. Pied Piper is very accomodating to it's passengers and do everything they can to keep it in the group. If you know of anyone going on this cruise, that did not book through Pied Piper tell them to change as they will not be able to join the activites once on board.

Can't wait to see ya all in November!!!:D

What is pied piper?

May I know?

Pied Piper is a travel agency based out of NYC that organized gay group on regular main stream cruise lines. They can have from just a few couples to over 1,100+ depending upon sailing dates. Usually the November sailing is their most popular. They usually have a host, private cocktails parties, dining together, shore tours, etc. You can Google them from sailing dates and prices. I'm actually consider doing this cruise. Should be fun.

I recently booked this trip for myself and my spouse. We're excited. We haven't picked a Miami hotel yet, but we'll likely only be there for that Friday afternoon and evening before we sail on Saturday.

Are any of you hoping to go diving while we're at any of the ports?

My partner and I have just booked this cruise for Nov.26, 2011. We are so excited because we have never cruised with Celebrity or a gay group before. This will be our 7th cruise and it will be nice to enjoy dinner on a cruise without feeling awkward if you know what I mean.

Can't wait

Daniel

My partner and I have just booked this cruise for Nov.26, 2011. We are so excited because we have never cruised with Celebrity or a gay group before. This will be our 7th cruise and it will be nice to enjoy dinner on a cruise without feeling awkward if you know what I mean.

Can't wait

Daniel

Daniel, I felt the same way before my first gay group cruise with Pied Piper.

I have to say that you will be pleased with Pied Piper, not only with the staff and cruise hosts from Pied Piper but also the cruisers them selves. Everyone is very respectfull to everyone on board. We have a great time while on board and we do tend to "take over" the dance club at night.

Welcome to Pied Piper, I know you will enjoy this cruise!!!

Kyle

Archived