packing for Dec. weather in Eastern Caribbean

DCguys

I can't believe it, but in a week we'll be in Miami gearing up for our first cruise!

We're going to the eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St Martin, St Kitts) 12/4-12/11. I'm wondering if we should pack fleeces or light jackets for the evenings (on ship and in San Juan).

What do you do? How is the weather down there this time of year?

I agree on the wraps or sweater. The ships AC is cold and really cold in the theatre and MDA. I have even had to take my beach towel to the theatre to wrap up in. BTW, Carnival's gift shops have some very nice shawls for $10 in a variety of colors.

Hi DC guys, Dec/Jan best times to cruise out of FL. Would suggest for clothing, pack light.... lots of cotton....shorts/tee's/at least one hat, several swim suits are always good but overall layers my friend. Wife sometimes gets chilled out on deck, gets very windy, so a light sweater. Sometimes cool in evenings in So FL, but as you get lower, gets very warm. You will overpack, 1/2 of what you bring you won't use. Enjoy.

We have sailed the Caribbean 7 times in December (and again in 17 days). There is a chance you might need a light jacket in Florida if a cold front makes it this far. On the cruise, only once did we have cool weather and my wife was thrilled she brought a sweat shirt. But, of course, we live in Florida are aren't used to much cold weather.

However, you might want a sweater or wrap on board, more for the over-air conditioned inside than outside.

Enjoy!

Bringing a sweater is a very good idea. I would also bring a light jacket or fleece or both.

Also, check the weather for Florida a few days before you leave for the cruise. If you are spending anytime there pre or post cruise you will likely need a fleece and or jacket. The weather in Florida can vary quite a bit even the same time of the year.

Enjoy!

Keith

Archived