Brrr

luckey1

If you are cruising this week or next bring warm clothes. It's in the 30's in Florida.

That would be downright cruel and another reason I avoid cruising in the cold weather months. It's been in the 20's here for the past week which is bad enough but not what I'd want for vacation weather :)

I hope it warms up for you guys. Thanks for the reminder that Florida weather is not all tropical and heat waves year round. I took my sons to Kissimee one year for the Disney experience late January. Boy what a shocker it was to wake up to frost on the rental car every morning. I'll never forget watching the Disney Magic parade wearing our winter coats and freezing. Brrrrrr ..I'll stay home and freeze lol

I live in the Great White North, and when I was in Florida for my cruise this past J

In Janary (Jan 15th for two days pre crusie and then cruise). The weather was not hot, but it was still nice enough for me to get a tank top and shorts. I thought it was nice and warm. It was around 22-23C, while back home it was around -22 to -23C or colder......

I know, it is all relative to where we live and what we think is cold.....I only wish I lived in a warmer climate...I can take the heat and hate the cold....

cold in jacksonville too , we usually have the coldest weather in fl, but sounds like orlando is beating us, i would feel bad but i live in fl for heat :)

freeze watch and/or warning all week up here

but the days are ok the sun has been warming it up.

so cold cold am and evenings, if the wind blows button up otherwise it beats shoveling !!!!

Yup, it is cold here in Florida! We leave tomorrow for a short cruise to the Bahamas, and it will be the last time I take advantage of those low rates in December/January! Last year we did a NYE cruise on the Dream, loved the cruise but the weather was downright cold for several of the days.

Looks like we lucked out a little and should have 70s while we are gone but I sure won't be out on deck in the evenings.

Brrrr is right!

Now THAT makes one appreciate winter cruising. Not to mention that it also makes one appreciate living in the south even more!

Im in the "so called south" its 17 in Atlanta and highs in mid 30s. Except it NEVER SNOWS..I dont mind cold as long as there is snow to go with it. All it does here during winter is rain and 35 deg. Id rather it stay in mid 50s-60s during winter if it never snows. Atleast spring comes early and winter comes late here. So I cant really complain to much.

My Dad lived in London and loved it - never got that much snow in one fell swoop though. We only have a bout 5 inches where normally we have a couple of feet - I feel your pain.

How can you recognize a Northerner on a cruise - they are the ones who chip the ice off the pool to go for a dip. Really though, when we are on cruise and it is a tad cool - we are still in tshirts and shorts - has to be below 40 before we put sweaters and pants on.

LOL - True story - a few year ago we drove to Cape Canaveral from Virginia for a cruise. We left home in the mountains of Virginia to 16F degrees. Got to the Florida state line about 4pm that afternoon and the thermometer on the car said 57. Dh and I pull over at the big rest stop on I-95 and get out wearing jeans and sweatshirts. The car with Canada plates next to us has a family lounging in shorts and tank tops outside. The car on the other side of us had Miami-Dade Florida plates and the family gets out wearing puffy parkas, scarfs, ski hats, and gloves. :p:D

All a matter of perspective.

Woke up to 35 degrees in Homestead this am....:eek:

Another cold blast is expected Sunday or Monday....

This is shaping up to be a lot like last year, except the cold temps are starting earlier this year....

Even for you peeps from the north, the nights on deck can get chilly....

Broke a record in Jacksonville this morning and on the way to work into Gainesville car thermometer said 19!:eek: Anything under 70 is cold to a Floridian. Last night was picking up my son from college and noticed another stranded teen in the parking lot with a flat tire, it was 32 already. We go over to lend him a jack and he's wearing nothing but jeans and white tee? I said where your jacket to which he replies "Haven't bought one yet":rolleyes: Gotta love us!

Still cold. The theme parks and cruise ships love the cold weather. They sell lots of sweatshirts at $35-$50 a pop. Better to pack your own. We are all packed for our Saturday cruise on the Fascination. I usually just take sandals but have dug out my tennis shoes it is so cold on these concrete floors. Very few houses in Florida have basements. Happy Cruising !

LOL - True story - a few year ago we drove to Cape Canaveral from Virginia for a cruise. We left home in the mountains of Virginia to 16F degrees. Got to the Florida state line about 4pm that afternoon and the thermometer on the car said 57. Dh and I pull over at the big rest stop on I-95 and get out wearing jeans and sweatshirts. The car with Canada plates next to us has a family lounging in shorts and tank tops outside. The car on the other side of us had Miami-Dade Florida plates and the family gets out wearing puffy parkas, scarfs, ski hats, and gloves. :p:D

All a matter of perspective.

I love it!

The temperature is going to be in the teens here (Port Canaveral) on Monday the 13th. :eek: Only 21 days until we cruise. Hope it will be warmer then and two hundred miles south of here were we will be. :rolleyes: The weather can change fast here in Florida so there is always hope. :)

Archived