Brrr

luckey1

If you are cruising this week or next bring warm clothes. It's in the 30's in Florida.

Not another cold year for you folks! I always look forward to a sunny & warm florida in January for a sail away. Please warm up!

Yikes! Not again! We cruise in 11 days! I hope it warms up. Last year, when we got off our cruise on January 9th, it was snowing at the cruise port! YUCK!

Last Jan we were on our balcony and it was sleeting before we left.

We leave the 26th on the Valor this year, but we go on the 21st to FFL. It better warm up alittle.

This cold snap seems to have a break or two but is continuing here in Central Florida..those of you leaving out of Port Canaveral be aware that layers and a coat are necessary at this moment..It is 43 degrees here in Orlando in real time it will be 37 tonight and 58 tomorrow..Don't kill the messenger...ppppp... prior planning prevents piss poor performance....

Lter,

Rhonda aka mucklucks

I am from the great white north (northern Ontario) and believe me I am NOT laughing at what you guys are getting right now. This is normal for us and we are use to it and prepared for it - you guys aren't. Now you can get a new appreciation as to why we Canucks love to cruise. All the best - can't wait until February back to back - yahoo.

I am from the great white north (northern Ontario) and believe me I am NOT laughing at what you guys are getting right now. This is normal for us and we are use to it and prepared for it - you guys aren't. Now you can get a new appreciation as to why we Canucks love to cruise. All the best - can't wait until February back to back - yahoo.

I wanted a white Christmas but 2 and a half days of steady snow:eek:,enough already! Most of London has shut dwon they even closed the malls yesterday at 5pm. Most business are closed! Schools have been closed for 2 days in a row!

They are saying we may break records that were set in 1977 for snow fall in a day.

Even if the weather is a wee bit chilly we when cruise..at least there is no snow to shovel:D,and I don't have to cook or clean for 8 days...

I wanted a white Christmas but 2 and a half days of steady snow:eek:,enough already! Most of London has shut dwon they even closed the malls yesterday at 5pm. Most business are closed! Schools have been closed for 2 days in a row!

They are saying we may break records that were set in 1977 for snow fall in a day.

Even if the weather is a wee bit chilly we when cruise..at least there is no snow to shovel:D,and I don't have to cook or clean for 8 days...

My Dad lived in London and loved it - never got that much snow in one fell swoop though. We only have a bout 5 inches where normally we have a couple of feet - I feel your pain.

How can you recognize a Northerner on a cruise - they are the ones who chip the ice off the pool to go for a dip. Really though, when we are on cruise and it is a tad cool - we are still in tshirts and shorts - has to be below 40 before we put sweaters and pants on.

We were on the Liberty last January 9. We arrived in Miami the day before, it was 74. Ok, but nothing exciting. Departure day, it was 40 and raining. Rained all the way to HMC where it was in the 60s. What a damper.

The rest of the trip was pretty nice, though.

When we stopped in Port Canaveral last January it was COLD!! It was barely in the 40s when we arrived but it did warm up to the high 60's by the afternoon. It was 20 degrees (without the wind chill) when we left Baltimore and when we got on the ship, there were icicles hanging on the Lido Deck!!

It wasn't super warm in the Bahamas either.

This was during that "Arctic Blast" that was affecting the entire East Coast. Thankfully we cruised before the great Snowpocolypse and Snowmeggedon storms happened. LOL Last year's winter SUCKED!!!

I'm hoping it will be warmer this February when we cruise again but we'll still love our cruise no matter what. :D

Our neighbors are on the Conquest this week and are in Key West today. I checked on weather.com and it is 61º. It is also 61º in Freeport, their next stop. We did the same cruise in February and although chilly going and coming, at least it was warm in the ports. You never know this time of year.

Our cruise on the Valor last year was the worst weather we've ever had on a cruise. 7 days of chilly temps and nothing but clouds and rain. It was 45 in Miami when we got back. Our flights were in the evening so we had planned on spending the day at South Beach... no way that happened. Just went to the airport early and tried to stay warm. I don't think MIA has heaters. We laugh about it now, but man, it was COLD.

Archived