Name on passport

Upper Decker

I'm not a first-timer, but since it's been a few years since I've cruised, I've forgotten the answer to this one!

My passport name doesn't match my legal name. My passport has my maiden name on it. Is this going to pose a problem for me when boarding? Do I have to bring my marriage license or birth certificate?

Thank you!

We booked our 1st anniversary cruise under my wife's maiden name to match her passport as she hadn't changed it yet.

My stepmother once had an issue with her changed password because when they swipe it, it still had her old name, even though there was a name change page in it.

I'm not a first-timer, but since it's been a few years since I've cruised, I've forgotten the answer to this one!

My passport name doesn't match my legal name. My passport has my maiden name on it. Is this going to pose a problem for me when boarding? Do I have to bring my marriage license or birth certificate?

Thank you!

Take proof of your name change and if someone asks, you have the document with you.

It's always best to be prepared & then you don't need to worry about it.

Have a nice time.

I would either get your passport update to show your married name or change the cruise reservation to your maiden name. If the two don't match, you are just asking for trouble.

If its been more than a year since your passport was issued, you pay for a whole new passport. I wouldnt waste the money when I could just photo copy my marriage license.

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to bring the marriage certificate just in case. I'm pretty sure that's what I did on our last cruise but I don't think anyone even looked at it. My account with Carnival was under my maiden name as well at one point (changed it in 2007) so I think they were linked somehow...

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to bring the marriage certificate just in case. I'm pretty sure that's what I did on our last cruise but I don't think anyone even looked at it. My account with Carnival was under my maiden name as well at one point (changed it in 2007) so I think they were linked somehow...

If you haven't cruised in the last couple of years, the rules have gotten much stricter. Your identification must match the name you are booked under. I know you can use a marriage certificate as a bridging document to a birth certificate but haven't heard one used with a passport. Check with the cruiseline directly to be sure. Also, be very careful if you are flying.

Archived