Ribs or Flat Iron Steak First Night?

Dixie24

I've never tried the ribs on Carnival, but now (at 10:00 in the morning) I'm craving some! Did someone say you could order them with mac & cheese? Is that on a secret menu somewhere? I don't want to get a blank stare from my waiter if I ask for it. :o

I've never tried the ribs on Carnival, but now (at 10:00 in the morning) I'm craving some! Did someone say you could order them with mac & cheese? Is that on a secret menu somewhere? I don't want to get a blank stare from my waiter if I ask for it. :o

The flat iron steak comes with the mac n' cheese (or at least did on my cruise). I honestly can't remember the side for the ribs.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 months later...
The flat iron steak I had on the Sensation last week was the toughest piece of meat I ever ate. It did have a lot of flavor, so if you don't mind chewing a small piece of meat for 5 minutes, go for it.

I had the same on the Conquest three weeks ago. I ordered the flat iron steak rare and the steak was indeed red in the middle but the knife provided couldn't cut through the skin on the thing. It was flavorful and I did eat it but cutting it into edible pieces was a challenge. I asked for a sharper knife but none could be provided.

One of the few negative comments I gave Carnival on the e-mail comment card was the decline over the past few years in the quality of the beef served in the MDR. :(

Both, and try the Indian sampler plate that night as well.

That dish is now on the 3rd night. It has changed since May. The bread is different and it has become much spicier (hotter).

Available twice in MDR for dinner on 7 day cruise. My husband loved them. Also if anyone is interested in Indian food you can request a special meal. Just give them 24 hr. notice. We had several curries, chicken, lamb and some lentil dish. Absolutely amazing.

Does the host/hostess desk have a menu of the Indian dinners to order for each night.

The only reason to get the steak the 1st night is that it comes with 3 peppercorn sauce.

I always choose the tilapia. I am NOT a fish person, but once I tried the tilapia on the first night, it changed my mind about this mild fish. I love the tilapia with the small cup of macaroni and cheese. I can always get the steak later and I get better ribs at home.

What an awesome thread!! Too funny.

I personally LOVE the ribs! Just got off Miracle 8 day and noticed they showed up under Carnival Classics!! So I don't know how many nights I could have gotten them. Wish I would have noticed that sooner. I did get them 2 times. They rock!!

Pick one for me. I know the flat iron steak is offered every night, but do not let that influence your pick. If they are both only offered first night, what should I get?

I never had the ribs, but the Flat Iron on the first night is delish! They put a peppercorn sauce on it. I found when I ordered it a 2nd time it wasn't as good as the first night and didn't come with the peppercorn sauce. Just my opinion.

Archived