Restaurants near Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina

Sailor Gal

You can get to Total Wine by bus 40 or suntrolley.

There are lots of restaurants in the area but most are several blocks away. The hotels have highly regarded restaurants: 954 Steak at the W Hotel next door and Trina at the Atlantic Hotel a couple of blocks north. If you keep walking north a few more blocks, a block before Sunrise Blvd you will come to a little street that has tattoo parlors and bars. There is a very casual restaurant there called Cafe Blue Fish; I don't care for the food there but a lot of people like it. The fried fish is good. The Parrot Lounge on the same block is a popular sports bar.

If you walk south of the hotel instead, you will run into Casablanca Cafe, one of my favorites. A little further and you will find an Italian restaurant at the Ritz Carlton and after that you will find lots of casual restaurants with lots of atmosphere. H20 just after Beach Place is very good, resort casual. The rest are hit or miss but are fun.

We stayed at the Hilton last year pre cruise. google sun trolley fort lauderdale and you will get all the info for the trolley. I think it is free during the week and 50 cents or maybe a dollar on weekends. It is very easy to use and we took it to a grocery store and to get dinner. Drivers are very friendly and will give you suggestions. You can also take the trolley to the beach.

There are lots of restaurants in the area but most are several blocks away. The hotels have highly regarded restaurants: 954 Steak at the W Hotel next door and Trina at the Atlantic Hotel a couple of blocks north. If you keep walking north a few more blocks, a block before Sunrise Blvd you will come to a little street that has tattoo parlors and bars. There is a very casual restaurant there called Cafe Blue Fish; I don't care for the food there but a lot of people like it. The fried fish is good. The Parrot Lounge on the same block is a popular sports bar.

If you walk south of the hotel instead, you will run into Casablanca Cafe, one of my favorites. A little further and you will find an Italian restaurant at the Ritz Carlton and after that you will find lots of casual restaurants with lots of atmosphere. H20 just after Beach Place is very good, resort casual. The rest are hit or miss but are fun.

OP is staying at the FLL Marina on 17th.

I would say look to the area between the Hyatt Place and the Renaissance. There's quite a few restaurants in this area and supermarkets. We have stayed at the Renaissance; which is within walking distance to the Outback, Total Wine, etc. There's also a stip mall up a block for bagels and a starbucks for breakfast.

We usually take a walk down by the Hilton Marina the morning of the cruise....not that bad in the a.m. but would not do it in the p.m.

Staying at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina hotel. Can anyone recommend good restaurants in the area and an inexpensive way to get there? Also - we'd like to pop in at Toal Wine and Beverage but have no car. Thanks

If you are able to walk a few blocks, there's no need for a car or trolley to enjoy the stretch of restaurants and stores along 17th in the hotel area.

If you like true New York style deli food at a great prince, try Marina Deli, 1453 SE 17th St., located in the rear of the Southport shopping mall on the same side of the street as your hotel. Deli serves up some great reubens, pastrami and chicken salad sandwiches as well as a selection of other sandwiches. You can eat in or take out.

Southport Raw Bar, 1536 Cordova Rd., is about a long block and 1/2 further up the street. Cordova Rd. intersects with 17th. Southport Raw Bar is about 1/2 block up the street on Cordova from the intersection. Good seafood, reasonably priced and you can eat on the back patio facing the water.

Total Wine located across and up the street from you in the Harbor Shops Mall. There's also a Publix grocery store in that mall. Harbor shops anchors the end of that block furthest from your hote. Walgreens anchors the end of that block closest to your hotel.

Will admit you will have a bit of a walk to get to all of these places. If you are not that energetic, you can hail the Sun Trolley (your hotel bell hop or concierge can explain where to pick it up) and ride the trolley up to Harbor Shops. The trolley has a turn around stop in front of Publix there and total wine is only a few yards from the Publix trolley stop.

Dianne

OP is staying at the FLL Marina on 17th.

OOPS!!!

IMO the best closest restaurant is Bimini Boatyard in The Wharf shopping center. People rave about China Grill in the hotel but I thought it was way overpriced for the type of food they serve.

Cancel that...wrong Hilton.

OOPS!!!

IMO the best closest restaurant is Bimini Boatyard in The Wharf shopping center. People rave about China Grill in the hotel but I thought it was way overpriced for the type of food they serve.

I second Bimini Boatyard. On the water, excellent food, reasonably priced.

I do like China Grill but it is pretty expensive.

Stayed at the HIlton Marina for 1 night pre-cruise and 3 nights post-cruise just last week and have to say we were a little disappointed in the lack of nearby eating places/bars etc.....Bimini Boatyard is the closest - approx a 10 min walk away - just head to the Walgreens and take a right.

fortunately If you venture further up 17th street you have lots of options. Adjacent to the Winn Dixie store is the Quarterdeck - good cheap beer and food and they show English Premier League..huge bonus for any Brits missing some real football ;) :).....opposite is the Southport Raw Bar - good atmosphere but to be honest the sight of Dolphin on the menu put us off eating there. Just over the road from the Raw Bar is a wonderful little Boston seafood place - Kelly's Landing - loved it in there, so friendly and they do the best Clam Chowder and Key Lime pie....

from there, if you head toward the Harbour shops, look out for the 17th Street Grill (on the right as you enter the shopping area) Their burgers have been voted the best in South Florida - and were indeed absolutely delicious and cheap into the bargain, a must visit IMO.

The irony is the Hilton Marina also has a good little pool bar that serves decent food - unfortunately it never seems to be open...very puzzling move by management to keep it closed - particularly as on the nights we stayed there were dozens of hotel guests milling around the reception/pool area looking for a casual affordable place to eat...maybe they want to force everyone into the expensive China Grill?

Staying at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina hotel. Can anyone recommend good restaurants in the area and an inexpensive way to get there? Also - we'd like to pop in at Toal Wine and Beverage but have no car. Thanks

I just read the other answers to your question, and although the replies are with good intention, they are answering, for the most part, about a Hilton in a different location:eek:! The Hilton Marina is located on the intracoastal waterway, off 17th Street, just across the street from the north entrance to Port Everglades. At the hotel itself, there is a restaurant called The China Grill, that serves all kinds of food. At the hotel pool (weather permitting, there is an outdoor cafe. Within a 10 minute walk (west from the hotel), there are numerous chain restaurants, such as Outback Steakhouse, Einstein Bagels, Starbucks, and some local eateries! No need for a car!

.....opposite is the Southport Raw Bar - good atmosphere but to be honest the sight of Dolphin on the menu put us off eating there.

The ``dolphin'' on the menu is actually a mahi mahi fillet. Mahi mahi is a dolphin fish.

Dianne

was hoping that was the case....was too jetlagged to realise :)

I just read the other answers to your question, and although the replies are with good intention, they are answering, for the most part, about a Hilton in a different location:eek:! The Hilton Marina is located on the intracoastal waterway, off 17th Street, just across the street from the north entrance to Port Everglades.

There was only one post about a different Hilton...that was mine and I have since written that it was an error. Sorry about the confusion. All of the other posts are about restaurants on or near 17th St Causeway, which is correct, though I think the Harbor Shops is a bit far of a walk for many people.

• 6 years later...