Princess Promotions

ajdegumbia

Just an FYI, I had not been receiving any Princess promotions for about the last year. I just finally got around to calling Princess and spoke with a very nice young man. After explaining to him the situation and that their sister company HAL has been inanduating me with brochures, emails, flyers to the tune of 3-4 a week and that I would like to sail Princess but without having any idea of what promotions are being run it's difficult at best. Anyway, put me on hold for about 5 minutes. Came back told me that apparently I and others have "gotten" lost in the Princess system. He assured me that mailing will be forthcoming.

So any of you who feel that we weren't "loved" by Princess a phone call to 1-800-Princess might do the trick. I will post back and let you know what I receive.

Hey CruzinQueen...If you and Captrain really love us then how DARE you go on another cruise without US!!

Have a great time on the Star. Been following your thread, looks like you got lots of CC people to party with. Let me know when you get back how the ship was. We may consider the 10-day for Xmas.

Have a safe trip to FLL and stay warm....

Well good luck getting anything from Princess unless you fit into the criteria and who know what that is. I was on a Princess cruise 3 years ago. Never, not once, have I received an email, brochure, phone call or advertisement from them without begging. (Other than documents) I have called 4 times several months apart, changed everything online to say send all and still nothing. Everytime I call they tell me something different, the last was that I was removed from mailing lists because 2 years had gone by since my last Princess cruise, before that they said my DH had called and said no mail, ( he doesn't compute and never called them) and another time it was that since I had a future cruise book I wouldn't receive anything. I really think they make up reasons just as they are speaking to the customer. Who knows. They hand wrote a label last week and sent out the WInter Capt. Circle mag becasue "we don't have any of the new Spring one left!!! You know what he probably did during that 5 minutes?? Took a break while thinking up a new story. Make any sense???? Not to me. Oh well. Not truely important.

I had called maybe 5 times over several years because for many years I had not received anything. Each time they promised they fixed it and that I would be receiving things very soon. It never happened.

Now, all of a sudden, I get 5 specials per week via email and 4 promos per week in the regular mail.

I don't understand it.

I wonder if you could go onto http://www.princess.com and set up several "identities". :rolleyes: It's easy to set up several e-mail addresses. Register as differing ages. They might figure it out based on your name and address. Then again, they might not.

I apparently had 5 different Captain Circle numbers because of this. Princess told me this was probably the reason why I wasn't receiving anything. So, they deleted the multiple numbers and I continued to not receive anything. I tried for months to figure this out..

Since being with Princess for a few years I have NEVER received e-mails from them. I receive stuff in the mail but it is really weird that no e-mails. Of course I find out all of my info from this board anyway and who needs all of those extra e-mails anyway. It is very odd how Princess does their mailings.

Marilyn

I apparently had 5 different Captain Circle numbers because of this. Princess told me this was probably the reason why I wasn't receiving anything. So, they deleted the multiple numbers and I continued to not receive anything. I tried for months to figure this out..

But each probably had accurate info about you. Now if one identity said you were 22, and another said you were 32. That might draw some attention. Of course, if you are 22, then try 32 and 42. Also, each identity could show interest in cruising different regions! Oops, I it's too many variations. :)

Hi everyone. I started the original post above yesteray. Well either Princess did start to "love" me again or the fact that they felt sorry or for the fact that they don't want to lose the business to HAL or the fact "none of the above" this a.m. checking e-mails from overnight...Guess what...an promotion e-mail from Princess.

Now all I need to get is some Mail, my Captains Circle magazine (which I haven't gotten since spring of 04) maybe...just maybe.....

I called about two months ago and spoke to a Princess rep. about not receiving any mailings. I was told that Princess is going after the prospective cruiser rather than the alumni. While I understood where Princess is coming from, I told him that Princess is missing the mark by not keeping their past passengers informed. The way to hold onto a customer is to keep their interest in your product. How can Princess do that when we receive nothing in the mail? I am a past cruiser with HAL, RCCL, Renaissance (now Oceania), and NCL and regularly receive mailings from them. To me, Princess is just shooting themselves in the foot. Thank goodness for boards like this...At least here, I can find some Princess info.

I didn't noticed that I had stop receiving promotional emails after we had booked our upcoming cruise until reading a thread about this subject: as Italy 52 says, Princess stops being interested in you email-wise when you're booked. I still receive mailings, though.

I must be one of the oddballs. I get periodic e-mails and at least 2-3 mailer advertisements per month. I cruise Princess from 1-2 times per year. I do keep my cruise personalizer updated and periodocally as for brochures to be mailed to me.

Steve Hayes

I must be one of the oddballs. I get periodic e-mails and at least 2-3 mailer advertisements per month. I cruise Princess from 1-2 times per year. I do keep my cruise personalizer updated and periodocally as for brochures to be mailed to me.

Steve Hayes

Same with me, Steve. For some reason I still get both mail and email stuff. More in the mail than emails.

Archived