canival has the best spas on water..

csoud

for those who like saunas, wet steam, whirpools and great thermal suite facilities there is nothing like the carnival dream.

that big ole oasis of the seas has none of that. of course, they spend that sq footage on extra rooms and pay to eat restaurants.

that reminds me, rci ACTIVELY looks to take your money. Every time i turned around i heard "seapass please". i am now all carnival.

You need to get out more if you think Carnival has the best spas.

Like maybe Celebrity .. or Princess?? I know Princess has the T pools.

Dream spa area seems to me to be modeled on how Princess does it.

so, you mention i need to get out more but concede that the dream spa is modelled after 1 of only 2 you mention as being superior. And yes, the dream also has the t pool that you thought so highly of too point out.

So yes, i will call the dream equal to Princess. Now that leaves Celebrity and yes they have great facilities, no doubt. My parents have cruised celebrity and said as much. My father is an avid lover of great spas. His opinion was that the dream was very close and had a great feature that put it very very close. so, i think you are splitting hairs here a bit.

The bottom line is that the dream has incredible facilities and obviously it is debatable. if its debatable then its not worth mentioning.

for those who like saunas, wet steam, whirpools and great thermal suite facilities there is nothing like the carnival dream.

that big ole oasis of the seas has none of that. of course, they spend that sq footage on extra rooms and pay to eat restaurants.

that reminds me, rci ACTIVELY looks to take your money. Every time i turned around i heard "seapass please". i am now all carnival.

You haven't obviously enjoyed a Princess Cruise then.

Nor a Celebrity cruise.

Besides, the Dream has to have a good spa. What other alternative is there to escaping the overcrowded madness throughout the rest of that cattle herding ship.

Never cruised X so can't offer an opinion there.

I just have had enough of the JH/CC kool aid drinkers anointing everything "Carnival" the best thing on the seas without trying different options.

The spa and its offerings though on the Caribbean Princess were incredible.

Never cruised X so can't offer an opinion there.

I just have had enough of the JH/CC kool aid drinkers anointing everything "Carnival" the best thing on the seas without trying different options.

The spa and its offerings though on the Caribbean Princess were incredible.

I have to agree. Caribbean Princess does have wonderful spa facilities.

I have found the best at sea (my opinion, of course) to be on Celebrity Solstice Class. They have a whole room class (Aqua Class) dedicated to the spa atmosphere, complete with their own private dining room. Plus, the Aqua Spa Solarium pool is adults only and serves light dishes, like sushi, for lunch. This isn't exactly Carnival's niche, therefore they cannot compare in spa facilities.

I have to agree. Caribbean Princess does have wonderful spa facilities.

I have found the best at sea (my opinion, of course) to be on Celebrity Solstice Class. They have a whole room class (Aqua Class) dedicated to the spa atmosphere, complete with their own private dining room. Plus, the Aqua Spa Solarium pool is adults only and serves light dishes, like sushi, for lunch. This isn't exactly Carnival's niche, therefore they cannot compare in spa facilities.

The Solstice Class is on my short list of ships to try and the spa will be something we enjoy. Either I have to quit smoking first of they change their balcony smoking rules.

Having enjoyed the Rasul option on CB makes me :rolleyes: at this post. Carnival has nothing, on the Dream or any other ship to rival this.

Thank you to all the posters for their comments on how much they enjoyed their spa experinces on the various lines they have experienced, negative comments aside. As with all reviews and recommendations, they are personal and subjective and therefore open to debate. I'm glad each of you are passionate about your experiences and look forward to my own on my next cruise. I believe that any spa experience on any cruise is better than anyone here at home, afterall, you're on a cruise, how much can you really find time to complain about when there is so much back in our daily lives back home and the rest of the world to complain about. Rest, relax, enjoy! Don't sweat the small stuff. Happy cruising! :)

And the cruiselines mentioned are only the bottom tier .. there are many more cruiselines that cost a whole lot more .. to say Carnival is the best on the seas of all the cruiselines ...

What childish bickering.....and "bottom tier", boy are you special. Ive cruised all the major lines and agree that Celebrity is excellent and for me Princess is way overrated. Carnival is way underrated. To each his own.:p

What childish bickering.....and "bottom tier", boy are you special. Ive cruised all the major lines and agree that Celebrity is excellent and for me Princess is way overrated. Carnival is way underrated. To each his own.:p

I was talking about cruiselines like Seabourn ..Silversea .. ..my point was to say Carnival is the best on the seas seems naive when there are so many top cruiselines that most of us will never try.

To say its the best of any cruiseline ...believe it or not Carnival isnt even close to the top tier of cruiselines to most people... nor RCL, or Celebrity or Princess etc.

OP, ya know .. I think after reading thru some of your other posts .. that you just got back from Dream?? Where you were excited to see if you could get into the spa area on your parents spa pass.. so how did that work out for you.

I am betting you found a way to get in without paying the weekly fee? It was exurberance and only natural. I just took it wrong.

csoud,

We enjoyed the Carnival Dream Spa as well and plan to sail her again. IMO, the Spa on Carnival Dream is one of her best assets.

Welcome to CARNIVAL and welcome to the CARNIVAL board on Cruise Critic.

Considering you have never been on Oasis, your opinion doesn't really count for much.

nobody, and i mean nobody has ever told me what the spa facilities are on the oasis. i ask and ask and get nothing. i was on the enchantment and the so called spa was a place to get a haircut and a pedicure. Rcci isnt in too that type of thing.

Of course, you can be the first to tell me what that spa offers. The oasis is a big ship and should have more than enough room for some great amenities.

nobody, and i mean nobody has ever told me what the spa facilities are on the oasis. i ask and ask and get nothing. i was on the enchantment and the so called spa was a place to get a haircut and a pedicure. Rcci isnt in too that type of thing.

Of course, you can be the first to tell me what that spa offers. The oasis is a big ship and should have more than enough room for some great amenities.

Could it be that its how you asked? I read a few of the questions on the RCL board .. and since you are just trying to put down Oasis .. why would people want to answer.

Im guessing you are young, in that you are still cruising with your parents, and calling people Peeps. Just a impression. Im glad you love Carnival and your enthusiasm is great.

We have thoroughly enjoyed the Cloud 9 Spa on the Splendor and the Dream and look forward to it on the Magic.

We had a Spa Cabin....so I was there every day ... and even though I am totally NOT a Spa person (I know...weird for a lady)...I loved the

thassotherapy pool, saunas, relaxation rooms with the heated ceramic beds etc.

I equate the thassotherapy pool to the hot springs mineral baths in places like Hot Springs Ark....

loved it!!!

Could it be that its how you asked? I read a few of the questions on the RCL board .. and since you are just trying to put down Oasis .. why would people want to answer.

Im guessing you are young, in that you are still cruising with your parents, and calling people Peeps. Just a impression.

Exactly. His posting history on that board has led people to just ignore him.

We've sailed on Princess (Caribbean Princess and Crown Princess) as well as Mariner of the Seas and Carnival Dream.

The spa on the Carnival Dream is indeed quite nice. Although the Princess ships had the "swim against the current" feature at the Lotus Spa Pool, they don't have the thalassotherapy pool that the Carnival Dream does. Overall, we slightly preferred the Carnival Dream spa facilities a bit better than the Princess facilities.

For what it's worth, we did find the metal tubing that you stretch out on in the thalassotherapy pool to be a little uncomfortable, but others seemed to have no problem with it.

You need to get out more if you think Carnival has the best spas.

Like maybe Celebrity .. or Princess?? I know Princess has the T pools.

Dream spa area seems to me to be modeled on how Princess does it.

Yup fire I will jump in and say I thought Celebrity had the best spas, the Thallasotherapy pool was AWESOME, the hot tubs were fairly hot, the Rasul treatment for two, omg how romantic was that???? Just awesome.

Carnival has the best prices, good food and nice rooms, we love Carnival, but if I'm going for the spa, to me it's Celebrity all the way.

Cheers and happy sailing

The Solstice Class is on my short list of ships to try and the spa will be something we enjoy. Either I have to quit smoking first of they change their balcony smoking rules.

Having enjoyed the Rasul option on CB makes me :rolleyes: at this post. Carnival has nothing, on the Dream or any other ship to rival this.

OMG, this is exactly why we don't go back to Celebrity, the no smoking on the balcony!! I don't smoke but hubby does.

Rasul is just awesome, soooooooooooo romantic.

Archived