Carnival Destiny sunbathing question

DQlover

Hi. My family will be on the carnival destiny 2/03/2011 and I am curious about how many areas are there with lounge chairs to sunbathe?

I am not interested in seeing and being seen (especially in a bathing suit:eek:), but would really like a quiet area to lay in the sun with a good book.

If there is no such area, so be it. But if there is...Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks for all your help!

Thank you Fire. Where is that quiet pool? I am not sure of floors yet (lido,,etc..)

Michelle

back of lido deck is the adults only pool...look on the sides the boat as well on Deck 10 I think...lots of chairs not as crowded

Hi. My family will be on the carnival destiny 2/03/2011 and I am curious about how many areas are there with lounge chairs to sunbathe?

I am not interested in seeing and being seen (especially in a bathing suit:eek:), but would really like a quiet area to lay in the sun with a good book.

If there is no such area, so be it. But if there is...Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks for all your help!

We prefer the lido deck area (deck 9) behind the funnel- it catches a nice breeze keeping you from getting too hot, can rotate chairs easily to track sun, and there are two freshwater showers to catch a quick cool off.

Not usually too crowded, but don't wait until 1:00! You can't hear lido deck music here, but I use my ipod and Kindle anyhow.

There are usually stacks of chairs, and if cannot locate a chair find somone to unhook a stack if need be. The sides of the ship near funnel are scorchers there, so don't pick a chair in that location.

There is a nice shaded area on deck nine to the side of band stand on port side if you need shade.

Glad to hear about the quiet adults only pool. I will definately be there! I do like to take a dip in the pool and will enjoy the no kids factor. Anyone know if over 18 qualifies as I am cruising with dd23 and ds19.

Glad to hear about the quiet adults only pool. I will definately be there! I do like to take a dip in the pool and will enjoy the no kids factor. Anyone know if over 18 qualifies as I am cruising with dd23 and ds19.

Yes they qualify. 18 and over, but I think sometimes 16 counts as adult for pool areas, and depends on staff enforcing rules all together.

sometimes kids are around.

Watch the first row of chairs by pool-sometimes they get wetter than you want. I recall rough seas on one cruise and waves got created in pool and wooshed right over row of chairs--call those people surprised!

We were on the Destiny in November and I found that the deck above the Lido deck towards the aft of the ship to be a really nice quiet place, as you can see. I took this picture on the sea day before the last day.

P1120483.JPG

This is where we went on a sea day when all the chairs were taken around the main Lido area. We went to the side and it was still swamped, but there were at least available chairs in the sun.

The adults only pool is also nice, especially since you won't have young kids with you (we only get to go there when kids are at Camp Carnival).

Hi DQ!!!

The higher up you go - the less people - the more chairs and privacy! I too am a fan of the back of deck 10 or even deck 11 - usually very peaceful there and not too many people! (and not far from a visit to deck 9 for lido drink stations and/or ice cream!)

Shot of deck 11 aft on the Valor:

2405633410059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

View of stairs from deck 11 to deck 10 aft:

2463089500059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

See ya! :D

Foufie: those are fab pictures, and I cannot wait to use those chairs. I pray for great weather! Seeing as you are from the North(like me), we could use some "warm" weather and sun.

I hope my youngest likes the activities in the Camp Carnival, and my oldest 2 at least try Circle C. Then mom can relax! Or try to:p.

Not sure how old your kids are but I am sure they will enjoy camp carnival and hopefully you will have lots of down time

Not only do I need warmth - but could use some color too! (may need to start using the 'bronzing' cream on my legs before I go so my white legs don't blind anyone! ha ha ha).

You will be fine. Act like an adult and not look 10 and you are fine. My nephew was with us in the adult only pool. Let's just say, he isn't 18.:rolleyes:

Archived