All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

I searched for an all things Pride thread and couldn't find one.

I thought I'd start it since I love the Pride and will be on her for the 3rd time next month.

Absolutely love the Chef's Table on the Pride. Chef Jerry and his staff are very friendly and attentative and the food is delish!

43 more days...woohoo!!!

Sailing her on the 20th; can't wait!!!

Is there not a place (or thread here) that details exactly what work was performed at the recent dry docking ? From the limited posts I have found it appears the bulk of the effort was with propulsion vs spruce up and several report despite the work she still vibrates severely at times in aft. Severe to some is minor to others but vibration as a whole is a concern to most. Our group has 3 cabins aft deck 8 coming up in March. I will be sure to report back with our experience before April 1st if vibration severity is still an unknown.

I'm in an aft balcony in 40 days...I'll let you know.

It was pretty shakey in the MDR all the way in the back 3 weeks ago.

I'm in the minority as it really doesn't bother me...kinda hoping it still is when I'm sleeping in my balcony. It'll be like being rocked to sleep.

It would drive my husband crazy though..lol.

I'm in an aft balcony in 40 days...I'll let you know.

It was pretty shakey in the MDR all the way in the back 3 weeks ago.

I'm in the minority as it really doesn't bother me...kinda hoping it still is when I'm sleeping in my balcony. It'll be like being rocked to sleep.

It would drive my husband crazy though..lol.

We were on the Pride in October, right before she went to drydock. We were on a back (aft??) balcony (cabin 8272 I think?), and while the vibration was noticeable, it didn't really bother me. (The Coast Guard helicopter airlifting an unfortunate passenger in the middle of the night was pretty loud tho.) My impression also was that the drydock was to take care of the vibration issue. Guess I will see in April!! Interior cabin this time, tho :o

Thanks Donna, that's too bad. Maybe it lessens in severity for each deck as you move up ? Last time we were on we were in 8115 and I can remember some up there but certainly not a sleep disturber. Just hope the 9 newbies in our group don't find it too annoying.

This thread is a great idea, Thanks, OP!:)

Anyone recently off the Pride know if the wait team of Senvil and his assistant, Putu are still onboard? We had them in November 2009 and would like to get seated in their section again, if they are still there. I figured I'd run down to the Maitre d' on the first day before dinner and check. But if I could find out sooner, that would be great.:o

Hey guys, looking for some advice on driving down to the Port of Baltimore.

I'm sailing on January 9th and I will be driving down the day of and leaving my car at the port. I was told that the ship start boarding at 1:30 PM and it is about a 3 hour drive flat for me. Any idea how early I should be before to drop off my bags, get the car parked, etc? I have all my documents and tags printed and ready to go already so that isn't a concern. Thanks.

Has anyone done the Behind the Scenes Tour? Is there one on the Pride? Is the cost $95? I'm thinking of doing it but want to know if people enjoyed it.

I did the Behind The Fun tour in Nov. 09. 2 groups of 16. It took around 3 hours but it was very interesting. They take you all over the ship and have crew members give little talks about different aspects of ship life. I don't think I would do it again but would deff. recommend it. You'll learn alot.

Does anyone know how much it costs to park your car at the port for the entire week?Thanks

I think it's around 110.00 parking at the pier. The last 2 times we went we got a hotel (Sleep Inn in North Linthicum) for 119.00 a night. That included shuttle to and from the pier and free parking for the week. That way we're in Baltimore and don't need to worry about traffic (Ravens Game??) breakdowns, etc.

Sailing on the Pride Jan. 20th. We were thinking of renting a car and driving to Downtown Disney for lunch and some shopping. It is aprox. a 1 hour drive, but don't know about traffic on a work day. Anyone done this in the past and if so, how did it work out for you. I was checking car rental prices and found a rate of $40.00 for the day from Dollar Rental Car. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Sailing on the Pride Jan. 20th. We were thinking of renting a car and driving to Downtown Disney for lunch and some shopping. It is aprox. a 1 hour drive, but don't know about traffic on a work day. Anyone done this in the past and if so, how did it work out for you. I was checking car rental prices and found a rate of $40.00 for the day from Dollar Rental Car. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Do you mean the 23rd? I do not believe that there is a sailing on Jan 20th, I could be mistaken.

i know for certain that people have rented cars and driven to disney - i'm sure you wouldn't be the first to go to downtown disney... but i have no idea about traffic on a work day! that's what i'd be worried about too! :eek:

just don't run out the clock and you should be fine... check the times that the carnival excursions are planning to leave return - i'd just plan to be back to the ship with 2 hrs from sailaway i think...

alternatively you might look into private transport operators in the area.

we used spaceport transport to get to NASA and back - and it was a great experience - we told them when we wanted pick up, and be back - and rescheduled return trip in a phone call. very easy and a bit of peace of mind. here's their site:

http://www.spaceporttransport.com/

it looks like it'd be about 155 or so for 4 from the cruise port to disney and back. you might consider that too... :)

Does anyone know how much it costs to park your car at the port for the entire week?Thanks

http://www.cruisemaryland.com/content/parking-rates

As per the Cruise Maryland (Port of Baltimore) Website:

Parking & Rates

Rates

We make it easy for you: no advanced reservations are required to park in our secured, long-term lots which are located within walking distance of the Cruise Maryland Terminal. Parking rates are payable upon arrival by credit card, cash, or traveler’s checks. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.

Special needs accessible parking is available on site.

• Passenger Vehicles and SUV's $15.00 per cruise night
  • Recreational Vehicles under 30' $30.00 per cruise night
  • Recreational Vehicles over 30'
    & Busses $40.00 per cruise night

Embarkation is going to be a bit hard from Baltimore since the ship should be in Nassau at that time. Maybe they are flying to Nassau and then just returning back to Baltimore?!?!?! Or perhaps they have had too many Drinks of the Day!!!:eek:

Hey guys, looking for some advice on driving down to the Port of Baltimore.

I'm sailing on January 9th and I will be driving down the day of and leaving my car at the port. I was told that the ship start boarding at 1:30 PM and it is about a 3 hour drive flat for me. Any idea how early I should be before to drop off my bags, get the car parked, etc? I have all my documents and tags printed and ready to go already so that isn't a concern. Thanks.

The bag drop happens on the way in(2 min max) and then you park literally next to the boat / terminal. You will be fine allowing no time for either.

Sailing on the Pride Jan. 20th.

I have seen a couple of posts here saying sailing on the 20th. We are sailing on the Pride on the 23rd. Am I missing something??????

I'm thinking maybe they meant Feb...Feb there's a sailing on the 20th.

But, you are correct, Jan the sailing is on the 23rd.

I think it's around 110.00 parking at the pier. The last 2 times we went we got a hotel (Sleep Inn in North Linthicum) for 119.00 a night. That included shuttle to and from the pier and free parking for the week. That way we're in Baltimore and don't need to worry about traffic (Ravens Game??) breakdowns, etc.

Is this the Sleep Inn at the Airport? As I said in my previous post I am planning on driving down from Jersey the day of, they are saying there is a chance of snow this weekend however. If that is the case I may go down a day early, and if I can leave my car there and not have to pay for parking even better!

I did a searcg for 'Sleep Inn in North Linthicum' and got the Sleep Inn by the airport, didn't saying anything about a shuttle to the port or free parking for the week.