All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Thanks. i've done my research on the port tempteratures. I was more curious about the sea days.

Typically once we reach the coast of of NC it SHOULD start to warm up but with the crazy cold temperatures we've had these past couple years, it's a crap shoot.

You can count on it being cold the first night and most of the first day (unless we have one of those rare warm-ups in February... and it COULD happen) and hopefully we will see temps in the 50's by the second day.

My advise is to pack layer-able clothes for the days at sea. We just won't know until we get out there. :)

Duckie

Praying for a February warm-up!

Rich - That stinks about Freeport.

I'm trying to get a handle on the weather. How many days (would you say) were the temps above 65? 70?

thanks

Weather was in the mid 70's in Cape Canaveral and Nassau.

Baltimore was mid 50's when we left and 40's when we returned.

In july we missed freeport cause of winds too, and they did nothing on that day. Are you going to write a review. I would love to hear how your trip went

I have written a review and submitted it Tusday night. Still not up. CC takes its approval time.

that weather is very iffy. in 2006 we went there and it was 52 degrees.

It made history as an all time low.

if you look at this history calender you will see that it is all over the place for the weeks in February/

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MYGF/2005/2/15/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Yep. At this time of year with the weather who knows what you'll get.

We considered ourselves lucky, except about the missed port.

Last point. The ship was in good shape. As a newbie I never would have guessed it was just in a 2 week dry dock.

I mean that in a good and bad way. No obvious upgrades but just good maintenance standards.

How many people are at a table? Can you pick your own dining time.

We did anytime dining. We LOVED it. We waited once for 5 minutes for a desired table.

Anytime dining is meant for couples and groups of up to 4.

You pick your dining choise ,early,late or anytime when you book. By the way this is only

for dinners following the first cruise day and only in the MDR.

Edited by richstowe

We did anytime dining. We LOVED it. We waited once for 5 minutes for a desired table.

Anytime dining is meant for couples and groups of up to 4.

You pick your dining choise ,early,late or anytime when you book. By the way this is only

for dinners following the first cruise day and only in the MDR.

What is the protocol for the first cruise day ?

What is the protocol for the first cruise day ?

No reserved nothing that first night. You eat when you want to. BUT it did seem that most of those with an assigned

seating time did go to MDR at about the time of their assigned seating.

How many people are at a table? Can you pick your own dining time.

when you booked your agent should have asked you what type of dining you want.

early (6pm) late (8pm) or anytime.

tables for 2, 4, 6 & 8.

you could ask to sit with others and be put at a larger table.

Does anyone know if there is a wine tasting on the Pride? We sailed the Pride last year and are sailing her again this summer. I've heard good things about the wine tastings on other ships but I can't remember if the Pride had one last year. Also, does anyone know if there is a wine tasting whether or not it is guided?

Does anyone know if there is a wine tasting on the Pride? We sailed the Pride last year and are sailing her again this summer. I've heard good things about the wine tastings on other ships but I can't remember if the Pride had one last year. Also, does anyone know if there is a wine tasting whether or not it is guided?

This thread is the Funtimes from this past Dec..try looking through these....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322596&highlight=pride+funtimes

My husband is in food services and is interested in touring the galley. I noticed in the funtimes from December that there is a galley tour on the last sea day. Does anyone know about this? How much is it? What is included?

My husband is in food services and is interested in touring the galley. I noticed in the funtimes from December that there is a galley tour on the last sea day. Does anyone know about this? How much is it? What is included?

It's free, we enjoyed it. I will have photos when I post my review.

The thing about the galley tour (we've done it twice on the pride's sister ship, Miracle) is that your experience depends on the number of people who show up. With a smaller crowd, you can take your time and watch the food prep, ice/fruit carvings, etc.

When there's a long line, they rush you through

We haven't sailed Carnival in the last 3 years. I've been reading how they are cracking down on smuggling booze. Have any recent cruisers had luck with this out of the port of Baltimore? Only talking a pint or 2, bar bill will be displaying plenty of buckets of beer.

• 2 weeks later...

We plan on doing the galley tour on the Pride in 2 weeks. I hope not a lot of people show....but, I doubt it. I've found that when cruising in the winter, since you can't lay out on deck and swim for about 4 of the 7 days, most people show up for the inside things.

For instance, in Dec on the tea time days there were at least 50 people on each day!

I searched for an all things Pride thread and couldn't find one.

I thought I'd start it since I love the Pride and will be on her for the 3rd time next month.

Absolutely love the Chef's Table on the Pride. Chef Jerry and his staff are very friendly and attentative and the food is delish!

43 more days...woohoo!!!

Thanks for starting this thread..ive searched Pride and found very little..spent an hr this morning and have learned a lot.first time cruising so not sure what to expect but sure we will have fun .we are booked on 13th too...can't wait

Thanks for starting this thread..ive searched Pride and found very little..spent an hr this morning and have learned a lot.first time cruising so not sure what to expect but sure we will have fun .we are booked on 13th too...can't wait

well, if you want to learn more-- head to our roll call - you can find new friends that are sailing with you-

here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1140942&page=32

Edited by serene56

Bumping this thread back up to the top. Glad I found it. Just booked the Pride yesterday... and we're sailing on the 6th of February! Kind of a last minute escape for my birthday, and I managed to convince 3 of my friends to book as well :)

Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this. I can really use this mid-winter escape.