All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

We have access to a great last minute price on the Pride on Jan 23 sailing. Can someone give us some input on what the ship environment is like sailing from Baltimore to the Bahamas and back. Seems like it would be very cold this time of year! Thanks everyone.

We have access to a great last minute price on the Pride on Jan 23 sailing. Can someone give us some input on what the ship environment is like sailing from Baltimore to the Bahamas and back. Seems like it would be very cold this time of year! Thanks everyone.

This will be our 3rd time on this ship- I've done both a summer and a January.

I do love the CD and the staff. The weather does leave a lot to be desired. The ship itself is fun- and I wish on this ship they would do a 9 day during the winter to let us enjoy the warmer weather. They did start adding more indoor fun activities during the colder days.

As you can see though- I am still going back in 2 weeks even though last January wasn't perfect. Last january I did my time dining- and I hated it so this time we are going with traditional dining.

Great ship- Okay itinerary. GREAT Deals!

Make sure to hop on the roll call if you decide to book.

. Last january I did my time dining- and I hated it so this time we are going with traditional dining. .

can you tell me what you hated about it?

We had anytime on Freedom and hated mostly that I had to sit at a table for two that was in the middle of a 6 person table. Very uncomfortable. We tried it 3 nights and ate the rest of the time at the buffet.

The waits for us were awful. (i do not think people should be able to reserve tables for the week- we go at 6:30 and had to wait- many tables were available but these were for people reserving for a 7pm time. If people want to have a set time with a certain wait staff then the MDR should be where they go.

In addition to the toothpaste and bar of handsoap they had a razor and some nose strips for snoring..lol.

I'm happy for the nose strips. When my sis in law and I cruised last time, she told me I snore. LOUD. Usually travel Solo, so I had no idea.

Melanie

Thanks! How was he?

Eh. Not so great. But not really bad. Sometimes it seemed that he and his assistant (Jaimie, I think) were just trying to force the fun a little too much. It just didn't seem to work well for them all the time.

Sorry, I don't know how to describe it. But I've seen much better CDs and one that was a little worse than Kirk.:o

I'm happy for the nose strips. When my sis in law and I cruised last time, she told me I snore. LOUD. Usually travel Solo, so I had no idea.

Melanie

I wouldn't even have noticed except last month I had really bad sinus issues on the cruise and the group of girls I was with said I snored LOUD all night. So, they asked the steward for more so I could use them. They said it didn't stop the snoring, but at least it wasn't as loud...:D

Thanks! How was he?

I thought he and his assistant Jamie were great. Yes, they can come off corny sometimes (especially the morning show), but I believe that is part of their act.

According to the latest cruise director schedule, Kirk is off the Pride on 4/24/2011 and after a short vacation, goes to the Liberty starting 6/11/2011. Brent Loyer will be the cruise director on the Pride starting 4/24/2010.

I hated MTD for the waits and poor service.

Also Kirk and Jaime- are a couple. Kirk was the CD with a great ACD named Matt. The second time we were on the ship- Kirk was on vacation and Jaime was the CD. BUT GUESS WHAT! Kirk was still on the ship hanging with this girlfriend. It was a lot of fun. I think the thing i like about them is they are not "stuck up". The last cruise I was on the CD never wanted to stop and chat unless you were older or knewyou were staying in a suite. Just didn't feel like that "everyone's Cruise director. "

Email prsteakhouse@carnival com she does the reservations for the Chef's Table. Her name is Tina and she is great.

Enjoy!

Since the Fantasy doesn't have a steakhouse, do you know who we could email about res for Chef's Table? Requested through John's blog but haven't heard back and it's been awhile.

Thanks much.

I thought he and his assistant Jamie were great. Yes, they can come off corny sometimes (especially the morning show), but I believe that is part of their act.

According to the latest cruise director schedule, Kirk is off the Pride on 4/24/2011 and after a short vacation, goes to the Liberty starting 6/11/2011. Brent Loyer will be the cruise director on the Pride starting 4/24/2010.

When i was on the pride in july. They told us that they were dating

Can anyone enlighten me as to what time you can actually start getting off the ship in port canaveral? I am looking a doing a deep sea fishing excursion with one the boats that does the day trips off the south side of PC but it leaves at 8am.

Is there any shuttles to take you to the southside of PC or will I have to take a taxi?

Just got off the Pride. As a first time cruiser I don't have anything to compare it to

but really had a good time. Yes Kirk and Jamie are still CD and ACD and still a couple. He is

a little over the top but still fun.

We missed the Freeport stop (high winds was the excuse)and as a result

got off the ship before 9 AM Sunday morning which was good as we had a long drive home.

They really didn't have any extra programs set up for our "bonus sea day" (their words),

but we still enjoyed the day.

If I had any complaint it would be that the Pride cruised back North at full speed early Friday morning.

Why get back to the cold so quick as the wind quickly died down?

By and large a nice group of passengers and staff. Didn't think I would enjoy the MDR so much. Really did!

Just got off the Pride. As a first time cruiser I don't have anything to compare it to

but really had a good time. Yes Kirk and Jamie are still CD and ACD and still a couple. He is

a little over the top but still fun.

We missed the Freeport stop (high winds was the excuse)and as a result

got off the ship before 9 AM Sunday morning which was good as we had a long drive home.

They really didn't have any extra programs set up for our "bonus sea day" (their words),

but we still enjoyed the day.

If I had any complaint it would be that the Pride cruised back North at full speed early Friday morning.

Why get back to the cold so quick as the wind quickly died down?

By and large a nice group of passengers and staff. Didn't think I would enjoy the MDR so much. Really did!

In july we missed freeport cause of winds too, and they did nothing on that day. Are you going to write a review. I would love to hear how your trip went

Since the Fantasy doesn't have a steakhouse, do you know who we could email about res for Chef's Table? Requested through John's blog but haven't heard back and it's been awhile.

Thanks much.

Don't know if this would work, but what's the worst that can happen?...

I would email the Pride and ask if they can give you an email to someone on the Fantasy so you can book the Chef's Table in advance for your upcoming cruise.

Rich - That stinks about Freeport.

I'm trying to get a handle on the weather. How many days (would you say) were the temps above 65? 70?

thanks

that weather is very iffy. in 2006 we went there and it was 52 degrees.

It made history as an all time low.

if you look at this history calender you will see that it is all over the place for the weeks in February/

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MYGF/2005/2/15/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

It was pretty chilly and windy when we were in Freeport last year and had a few showers. Not ideal conditions but still enjoyed it and glad we made it to the Island.

This time last year, I was on the Pride and experiencing my "First Day at Sea"... and possibly my 5th DOD of the day.

Come on February!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Duckie26

Can someone please tell me if there is a seaside theatre on the Pride? I sailed on the Victory a couple years ago and this was a nice feature and I can't seem to find anything to indicate if the this is a feature of the Pride as well.

Thanks. i've done my research on the port tempteratures. I was more curious about the sea days.

that weather is very iffy. in 2006 we went there and it was 52 degrees.

It made history as an all time low.

if you look at this history calender you will see that it is all over the place for the weeks in February/

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/MYGF/2005/2/15/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA