Help!! Navigator

Trying to decide on a 5 nighter in March on Navigator. Cruised only once before a 4 night on NCL sky (horrible) but thats a story for another time. Is this a nice ship? Is it out dated and old. Food? any healthier options besides pizza and other garbage? (we are runners) We are not food snobs but prefer a good meal on vacation, we can eat crap at home! We got what we paid for on our last cruise and where this cruise has a pretty good price I don't want to be fooled again, and have seen some below aveage reviews. We are cruising beginners and basically don't know squat! Blocking out our previous cruise as "experience" hahaha. Any help would be greatly appreciated. oh and the Falmouth port and Haiti port...fun? I know I ask a lot but again thanks in advance!

You will love Navigator. All RCI ships are well maintained and routinely refurbished.

Food selection is good in MDR and Windjammer can always find plenty of healty good food.

You will love Labadee and Falmouth you will want to plan an excursion. The Jamaica ports are not very good.

We did a 5 night cruise on Navigator Feb 10, and by far my FAVORITE yet! Everything was spectacular! We took our younger children (12/13) on it with us, and it was their favorite cruise also. We leave on Friday for a quick 3 night get'a'way on Monarch and it's so much smaller (the smallest I've been on yet), but I know we won't be disappointed.

Highly recommend!

My 12 year old grand daughter and I recently completed a two week transatlantic on Navigator. She had a great time as did I. There is lots to do. I enjoyed the gym: there are some free classes like stretching in the early morning and sauna and steam in the dressing rooms. The promenade deck goes all the way around the ship on the outside and the observation deck all the way forward on five is wonderful, especially at night for star gazing. You can find healthier options in both the dining room and Windjammer/Jade.

Two years ago we decided to take that ship to Mexico for the same amount of time, not knowing what to expect, for all of our previous cruises have been 7 days. Well anyway March 9th was the start date and the weather was beautiful, as was the ship. We are older (me 63 she 55) and of the 3000 more or less people on board it seemed to us at least 1500 were young (2l-30) and having a great time, whether it be poolside or the nightclubs; we had no problems whatsoever with that and as of a matter of fact they were polite and the best dressed in the dining rooms at night. We would do it again, the same time and ship if we were interested in a 5 day trip. In our opinion the trip is very affordable and the ship is geared for young people. Good Luck, Ron and Carla

Navigator is a beautiful ship. You will be amazed! Labadee is RCI's private "island" and is a lovely beach day. No need to book an excursion there. I like to generally eat healthy and have no problems if I chose to do so on RCI ships. Do try the main diningj room for lunch one sea day. There is a fabulous salad bar served there. Of course, there is a salad bar daily in the Windjammer, but not nearly as extensive. Watch for Indian dishes in both the Windjammer buffet and the main dining room. Usually these are very tasty.

We were on the Navigator in February 2009, loved the ship it is absolutely beautiful, the service, food was good, not spectacular (compared to our 2006 cruise) but I understand there are cutbacks in that area...but it was good food, I have no complaints at all.

There are always healthier options and vegetarians options in the MDR, and lots of fresh fruit and veggies in the cafeteria.

We were on the Navigator in February 2009, loved the ship it is absolutely beautiful, the service, food was good, not spectacular (compared to our 2006 cruise) but I understand there are cutbacks in that area...but it was good food, I have no complaints at all.

There are always healthier options and vegetarians options in the MDR, and lots of fresh fruit and veggies in the cafeteria.

I am going to agree with this having sailed both lines recently. I really could not see the much difference between the food on tne NCL Sun and Navigator so if you going for the food you might be disappointed. However you will find the Navigator a spectacular ship and IMO your overall experience will be much better.

We also had a bad experience on NCL, maybe because it was a maiden voyage on a new ship, the service and the food were terrible. We haven't cruised them since, although I hear the Epic is a great ship.

The Navigator is a wonderful ship, our favorite class ship so far on RCI. This month is the third time we will sail on her. You can always find healthy food options in the buffet and definitely the dining room. The ice show shouldn't be missed and the solarium pool is a wonderful sanctuary away from the crowd. The Viking Crown lounge at the top of the ship is a wonderful place to have a late-nite drink. I think you will really enjoy this ship! Give it a try :)

having done a B2B on the NOS last month i can tell you about her with a fresh memory

If you want to eat healthy you can as there is always something on the menu in the MDR or up in windjammer that is healthy

While the food and service in the MDR was again great for all meals.The windjammer for lunch wasnt as good as my last RCCL cruise and doesnt compare with Carnival for buffet @ lunch.

But you can do an awesome salad in the MDR for lunch made to order also daily changing menu and avoid the windjammer completly on sea days

The ship is looking a little weathered,compared to the Mariner, but still in great shape for an 8yr old ship used and abused 24-7

Labadee was actually nicer than i thought it was going to be RCCl did a great job, and it is a beautifull island very relaxing day @ a nice beach

Falmouth wasnt open but it is in between Ochi and Mo Bay I would recommend Dunns River falls if you have never been to Jamaica

Trying to decide on a 5 nighter in March on Navigator. Cruised only once before a 4 night on NCL sky (horrible) but thats a story for another time. Is this a nice ship? Is it out dated and old. Food? any healthier options besides pizza and other garbage? (we are runners) We are not food snobs but prefer a good meal on vacation, we can eat crap at home! We got what we paid for on our last cruise and where this cruise has a pretty good price I don't want to be fooled again, and have seen some below aveage reviews. We are cruising beginners and basically don't know squat! Blocking out our previous cruise as "experience" hahaha. Any help would be greatly appreciated. oh and the Falmouth port and Haiti port...fun? I know I ask a lot but again thanks in advance!

We are runners as well and highly enjoyed our 5 day cruise on Navigator in April of 09. Its 5 laps to a mile by the way on their running track, but you have to get your milage done early as people will start moving deck chairs on to the running track by 9am. We did find plenty of choices and managed to maintain our weight for our cruise. Instead of the soda package we did get the bottled water delivered to our room. That was convenient for taking to the gym or track. Every dinner does has a sugar free option on the dessert menu.

Archived