RCCL passengers able to use Atlantis pool?

jagsfan

I was just told by a friend that when she sailed on Royal Caribbean they were allowed

use of Atlantis's pool free of charge. I think they paid for a shore excursion and forgot

that part. She swears it's true, that RCCL made a deal with Atlantis.

Has anyone done Nassau and heard that?

Thanks for any answers.

Yeah...it's either a pricey excursion or pay the hotel directly....I know it's not quite the same, but on that port day, the ship's pool (that you've already PAID to use!) will be virtually empty! It's a great time to use the ship!

. She swears it's true, that RCCL made a deal with Atlantis. Has anyone done Nassau and heard that?

Thanks for any answers.

No deal in November between Royal and Atlantis. We booked a room at Comfort Suites to get 4 day passes as suggested by Merion_Mom, a seasoned cruiser and faithful poster of accurate information on this board. It was a huge savings.

It's just not true......period!

Can you imagine if it was???:eek: People staying at Atlantis spending a few hundred a night sharing the pools with cruise ship people,for free???

I wouldn't like that very much if I was staying there..

Can you imagine if it was???:eek: People staying at Atlantis spending a few hundred a night sharing the pools with cruise ship people,for free???

Why would you mind a couple of thousands of visitors from a RCI ship at the Atlantis pool??? Some of them would probably even be Diamond+ ;) :D:D:D

What do you have against cruise ship people -- at any price?:D

Why would you mind a couple of thousands of visitors from a RCI ship at the Atlantis pool??? Some of them would probably even be Diamond+ ;) :D:D

What do you have against cruise ship people -- at any price?:D

Obviously,I have nothing against cruise ship people(well,I take that back-there are a few i could do without;)).........the point I intended to make is,if I was a paying guest at Atlantis (paying the BIG bucks),I wouldnt want 3000 or so cruise ship pax swimming in the pools for free..:)

I was just told by a friend that when she sailed on Royal Caribbean they were allowed

use of Atlantis's pool free of charge. I think they paid for a shore excursion and forgot

that part. She swears it's true, that RCCL made a deal with Atlantis.

Has anyone done Nassau and heard that?

Thanks for any answers.

Not sure about it being included but if you have the funds and the opportunity to go there, DO IT! My SO and I had the best time of our cruise over there and it was worth every penny for the day.

Just be warned, the "Lazy River" isn't so lazy if you have a few extra pounds...ahem.... The first course is trying to comfortably situate yourself in the tube like a frozen turkey. (Thin folks have no problem with this accomplishment, the larger ones...well let's just say you learn how to make a V shape rather quickly! Then,when that jet stream catapults you through, the thin folks are gently nudged downstream and some of the larger folks are pummeled into a centrifugal spin that requires some generous soul reaching out from their tube to grab a foot to get the equilibrium back. Needless to say, we never laughed so hard in our lives.

Obviously,I have nothing against cruise ship people(well,I take that back-there are a few i could do without;)).........the point I intended to make is,if I was a paying guest at Atlantis (paying the BIG bucks),I wouldnt want 3000 or so cruise ship pax swimming in the pools for free..:)

Or playing the penny slots to get free drinks. Hahahah :D:D:D

No free drinks at the Atlantis :( Nor at the Hard Rock in Florida :( Have to go to AC, Vegas or Foxwoods to get them :(

Not true:)You most certainly can get free drinks while gambling at Atlantis,inc playing the slots..

We did the excursion from Carnival (which is the same as RC) and it was about $152 per adult...kids were a little less) It provided transportation to Atlantis, a meal ticket to get a lunch and admission.

You can go on your own (if they aren't sold out.) We did the excursion the first time b/c it was Spring Break and Atlantis says that the availability of the day passes are based on guest occupancy; sold on a first come first serve basis. We were worried they'd be sold out.

We are going in three weeks and plan on taking a cab ourselves over. The Discover Atlantis Aquaventure Package which includes access to the water park - all slides, pools, river, the Dig and other marine habitats, beaches and private lagoon (and supposedly includes a 6x8 Atlantis photo) is $110 per adult, $80 children aged 4-12.

You can do a beach package for $60 adult, $40 child that includes an Aquarium tour, lunch, access to the west beach and all marine habitats.

As someone mentioned booking a room at the Comfort Inn and Suites is also a way to do it. They have a reciprical relationship with Atlantis...so if you are there long enough to go and check in and check out that might be an option....I looked into that one November and it was about $176 for a room for four...so this is obviously a lot cheaper.

When you either pay for the excursion or pay at Atlantis - you will be given a wrist band...that is how they know you belong there...so there is no sneaking in...

We LOVED Atlantis...the highlight for us was the lazy river -which we have renamed the crazy river!

Have fun and good luck!

We've stayed at the Atlantis twice and know that there are no free passes. You can check in across the street at the Comfort Suites and check out at the same time. We stayed there once and saw people doing this. Each room will give you 4 Atlantis wristband passes.

If you take the excursion, there is a special section with lockers & shower rooms specifically for day visitors. It's actually called "Day Visitors Center". The shower facilities are quite nice.

We didn't mind the cruisers either - but agree with a previous poster. When I pay big $$ to STAY at the Atlantis......it is aggrivating to be overrun with the day guests.

Archived