Any other Zumba fans?

Anita Latte

TGIF!!! Hope everyone is getting geared up for a wonderful weekend...my men are playing an online computer game and I am doing something I haven't done for a long, LONG time...listening to potential Zumba music!!!

Here is what I am finding that I like...

Opinions welcomed! (Also...if anyone would like to verify the rhythm...:o)

Si Te Digo La Verdad by Gocho...pretty sure it's a merengue

Algo Me Gusta De Ti by Wisin Y Yandel feat. Chris Brown and T-Pain...reggaeton/Latin Pop (sounds like a good warm up)

No Piensas En Mi by Cosculluela...reggaeton...(I'm thinking squats and toning moves)

Bebe Bonita by Chino Y Nacho feat Jay Sean (Slow Merengue/Latin Pop)

En el Cielo No Hay Hospital by Juan Luis Guerra...Salsa...the video is totally fun...

by Psy...it's Korean...it's AWESOME...it would be SO FUN in class...I just know it...could be rough to just listen to though...

by Daddy Yankee...reggaeton...serious abs Baby

by Don Omar...OMG...I LOVE Don Omar!!!

by Lucenzo

(Chosen Few Remix) by Fuego feat Pitbull & Omega...Reggaeton!

by Les Jumo feat Mohombi

I think that's enough for now! Enjoy!

Wow, what a bunch of fun songs! I would put some body rolls in the slow break for No Piensas en Mi, it would give the quads a rest, and some students just can't get those moves if they're too fast.

If you want some more Asian pop, I'll ask my students to recommend some songs. You might end up with Thai electro pop or Chinese hip-hop, you never know. :)

Wow, what a bunch of fun songs! I would put some body rolls in the slow break for No Piensas en Mi, it would give the quads a rest, and some students just can't get those moves if they're too fast.

If you want some more Asian pop, I'll ask my students to recommend some songs. You might end up with Thai electro pop or Chinese hip-hop, you never know. :)

Yes! on the body rolls...I totally agree.

I am always open to suggestions...that one song is totally addictive...my men were walking around last night singing it...I admit that the Asian music scene is not one that I have ever researched.

It is vital to your long term health and your ability to continue in your field.

I hope you feel the love and support coming from this board. We are all in the same boat, I think, trying to deal with life and our feelings in a new, more productive way, be it hot baths, Zumba, playing with our pets, or painting the living room a new color, rather than grabbing some cookies or eating an enchilada.

There are some days I obsess over pepperoni pizza! :eek:

I am now over 60 and no longer working as a paramedic firefighter. I did for 16 years but instead of football injuries, I have stories of the knee that was injured when. . . stories.

I do feel the support and appreciate it. I have been thinking since Anita's Mom wrote about what she wrote. I wanted to really be honest not only here but with myself so I took my time answering. Before the kids grew up we always ate health, raised most of our own food and I wanted the best for the kids. I never had to worry about weight because life was just busy. But weight has caught up to both me and my DH.

Yes, I want to loose weight for the cruise and the helicopter ride. That was the reason we started to loose weight. A short term goal. But as both DH and I are loosing weight and eating better the goal of becoming healthier is growing. It was not our goal but is slowly becoming a life style. I have to be honest and say that 9 weeks ago I just wanted to get on the helicopter. But I like being stronger, I like being able to walk and hike and zumba and just be able to do things. I like not having to find a parking place next to the store so I won't have so far to walk. Just under a year ago, if there was not parking, I would have DH drop me off with my cane at the door of the store and let him find a parking place. I like being strong. I have a good many years left and I sure want to enjoy them.

So, we didn't come into this weight lose looking to change a life style but it is changing us, and we both are liking it. Just wait until our next cruise, I may even want to wear a bathing suit.

I can't help it! I'm on a roll...some of these songs have probably been in use for a while...but I'm just finding them...maybe you recognize any?

by Matt Houston

by Khriz Y Angel (merengue/reggaeton)

(SAMBA!!)

Never done them before but I love Batucada!

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

I am now over 60 and no longer working as a paramedic firefighter. I did for 16 years but instead of football injuries, I have stories of the knee that was injured when. . . stories.

I do feel the support and appreciate it. I have been thinking since Anita's Mom wrote about what she wrote. I wanted to really be honest not only here but with myself so I took my time answering. Before the kids grew up we always ate health, raised most of our own food and I wanted the best for the kids. I never had to worry about weight because life was just busy. But weight has caught up to both me and my DH.

Yes, I want to loose weight for the cruise and the helicopter ride. That was the reason we started to loose weight. A short term goal. But as both DH and I are loosing weight and eating better the goal of becoming healthier is growing. It was not our goal but is slowly becoming a life style. I have to be honest and say that 9 weeks ago I just wanted to get on the helicopter. But I like being stronger, I like being able to walk and hike and zumba and just be able to do things. I like not having to find a parking place next to the store so I won't have so far to walk. Just under a year ago, if there was not parking, I would have DH drop me off with my cane at the door of the store and let him find a parking place. I like being strong. I have a good many years left and I sure want to enjoy them.

So, we didn't come into this weight lose looking to change a life style but it is changing us, and we both are liking it. Just wait until our next cruise, I may even want to wear a bathing suit.

Linda, :D

I'm so glad that you're looking beyond the helicopter ride. With this response, I know that you understood what I was trying to say about the goal that you started with being an "interim goal" that would be so fabulous to achieve... BUT... if you don't manage to get quite there, you won't be devastated (like your post and the 1/2-lb loss) and will be able to move onward.

I don't know if you've read this whole thread, as it is a bit long. I'll just recap for you my own personal struggle. It isn't ANYTHING like the pain of a spider bite and your personal struggle, so please understand that I'm not trying to compare. I just have my own issues in the form of hypothyroidism and the menopausal body. ALSO, the fact that I spent years and years struggling with the weight and doing all the wrong things because I had bad information. I just can't get back those hours and hours on the treadmill where I was trying to keep my body "in the fat burning zone" and the effort of trying to put together a diet in the "magical" proportions of protein, fat, and carbohydrate. Just so much bad information out there.

I spent a bit of time today reflecting on my eating patterns throughout my life, especially after Margaret's comment about the pepperoni pizza. I honestly don't know WHEN I lost my taste for the food that I grew up with. When I was a kid, our family meals were: meatloaf, mac & cheese, hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken. We did have a vegetable garden so I grew up with fresh tomatoes and corn, even broccoli, onions, radishes. I remember canned green beans, cream corn, canned peas. Lots of summer canning of jams, relishes. Every single meal (just about) had mashed white potatoes and white bread. That was my job... to put a bunch of slices of white bread on a platter that would be passed around the table.

When I moved out of the house, I don't really know what came over me that I changed my eating habits. I didn't have a bunch of money to devote to food, that's for sure! Stretched out a lot of meat items with vegetable additions. I don't have a strong memory of meals except that I know I added lasagna, enchilada casserole, tacos, burritos.... anything that would stretch.

And then....

I met my DH. Wow. Life changed.

Food got way better. Alcohol was added. And I immediately gained 10 lbs! I didn't think much of it because I wasn't really heavy to start with. But, we also added some convenient items to our meals; takeout pizza! lunches at fast food burger places! KFC! Life was busy and the effort became one of time management rather than money management.

When I started struggling with weight issues it was because of the thyroid. And that's when my research into food and exercise really became important to me. At my heaviest, I was 41 lbs heavier than I am today. Today, I have on those 10 lbs that my DH brought into my life! But, that's it!

I don't know if my body will settle down to the weight of my young adult years. I don't really have a goal number in mind. I only know that I'm feeling good... have the energy that I need... and really just put into practice what I know works.

Isn't that the key? To put into practice what we know works. Because I think that if we look beyond all the hype and beyond all the magic solutions, we know that we need to watch our food, drink our water, and exercise.

Linda, I was a little worried that you might take what I was trying to say and not understand. What I was trying to do was address the issue of stepping on the scale and feeling like giving up because of the result. I hope that you got that I was saying to just use those times as a measure of progress but not of effort or a crossroads questioning whether to continue or to stop.

So... :D ...

Helicopter ride... interim goal...

Bathing Suit Purchase.... on the horizon! ...

I can't help it! I'm on a roll...some of these songs have probably been in use for a while...but I'm just finding them...maybe you recognize any?

by Khriz Y Angel (merengue/reggaeton)... Kisha

So.

Miri subbed for Laura today because there was a surprise 40th birthday party lor Laura last night! Laura only thought she was teaching Zumba this morning! LOL.

It's been a while since I've been in one of Miri's classes; she's as beautiful as ever... but... holy cow... how can anyone move like that?

Here's a question for Anita. What suggestion would you give for teaching me how to do a body roll? And, how do you move your abs and your feet at the same time? This movement just seems extremely complicated to me!

Edited by Member123

So.

Miri subbed for Laura today because there was a surprise 40th birthday party lor Laura last night! Laura only thought she was teaching Zumba this morning! LOL.

It's been a while since I've been in one of Miri's classes; she's as beautiful as ever... but... holy cow... how can anyone move like that?

Here's a question for Anita. What suggestion would you give for teaching me how to do a body roll? And, how do you move your abs and your feet at the same time? This movement just seems extremely complicated to me!

I think there is a video on YouTube that breaks down the body roll into segments that makes it easy to learn. One of my instructors posted it on Facebook awhile ago.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Listening to Gangnam Style will put that addictive song into your brain on a repeat that will repeat and repeat and repeat...

You've all been Warned!

I'm seriously in love with this song...it is addictive in that LMFAO "Party Rock" kind of way...except that it is even more FUN that than song for whatever reason...maybe because you can't really sing any of the words...they ARE mostly Korean...and the English that you can understand just works...

Sexy Laaaaaaaaaaaaaa-dy!

That just totally works for me.

*sigh* I think I have a girl crush on Kisha...

*ahem*

Body rolls. It all depends on the body roll...some start at the bottom and work their way up...some start at the top and work their way down. I usually start at the top...

You can start with the head but usually the emphasis starts at the chest for me. Body roll is all about muscle isolation. For the chest...I usually say "head lights on"...lift the chest while pressing the shoulders back (not down)...but back...as in squeeze the shoulder blades...yes...that's good...if you focus on squeezing the shoulder blades...the chest naturally pops out...now do the opposite...open the shoulder blades as wide as possible...this moves the shoulders forward and causes the chest to cave in. If you just do this back and forth...you are doing a chest level "booty pop" kind of thing...actually...this is very belly dancing like...

That's the beginning...I think we are about to go home...so I'll be packing up soon...then I can post more.

Linda, :D

Linda, I was a little worried that you might take what I was trying to say and not understand. What I was trying to do was address the issue of stepping on the scale and feeling like giving up because of the result. I hope that you got that I was saying to just use those times as a measure of progress but not of effort or a crossroads questioning whether to continue or to stop.

So... :D ...

Helicopter ride... interim goal...

Bathing Suit Purchase.... on the horizon! ...

I was a little bothered by your comments and then I had to think about why it bothered me. That is why I didn't answer right away. I had to answer the question in my mind. I don't like to be fat, I don't like to have to not geocache because I get too tired. I don't like to have people feel sorry for me because I am walking with a cane. I want to be free to do what I want. If DH and I want to load up and go see Yosemite I want to know I can hike or walk where I want. I have lived near Yosemite for almost two years now and we still haven't gone to see it because I was afraid of missing so much. The stronger I get the better I feel.

I have noticed a change in my body shape and I want to get back to where I was when I met DH. I don't want any other kids to say, "look, her tummy sticks out as far as her boobs". When I used to smoke, I stopped because I wanted to have a baby, but then I started again about a year later. And I stopped again for some reason and started. Then one day, I said, I needed to stop for myself. And that was 34 years ago. For many years Humphery Bogart would light two cigerates and hand one to me in my dreams until I remembered that I didn't smoke but I haven't started again. I think this fat is like that stupid smoke stick. I don't want it to control me.

*sigh* I think I have a girl crush on Kisha...

*ahem*

Body rolls. It all depends on the body roll...some start at the bottom and work their way up...some start at the top and work their way down. I usually start at the top...

You can start with the head but usually the emphasis starts at the chest for me. Body roll is all about muscle isolation. For the chest...I usually say "head lights on"...lift the chest while pressing the shoulders back (not down)...but back...as in squeeze the shoulder blades...yes...that's good...if you focus on squeezing the shoulder blades...the chest naturally pops out...now do the opposite...open the shoulder blades as wide as possible...this moves the shoulders forward and causes the chest to cave in. If you just do this back and forth...you are doing a chest level "booty pop" kind of thing...actually...this is very belly dancing like...

That's the beginning...I think we are about to go home...so I'll be packing up soon...then I can post more.

This was very helpful because there's something about making the movement with your shoulder blades like that... it seems like when I squeeze my shoulder blades my glutes also squeeze... do I have some kind of imaginary string connecting my shoulder blades with my hiney?...I mean it's actually difficult to squeeze my shoulder blades without squeezing my hiney!

Anyway, it also seems natural to do a pelvic tilt when I release my shoulder blades. what?...

so by describing this process am I.... fighting some kind of mechanical difficulty... like the foot pointing in the wrong direction?... or is this normal?

AND, the biggest problem that I have is with the speed of the movement as well. I can totally (well, almost) get a body roll if I really concentrate and go slow... but it just breaks loose when I try to do it with any kind of fast rhythm. And it seems that the beat is always fast when my instructors throw a body roll at me.

Mom...you are so funny.

I know I shared with you already...BUT...I went to another Zumba class this morning. I didn't return to the one class at the church...IDK...$5 a class...this seems like a lot to me. I know it's actually cheaper than many, but if you are wanting to work out more than once a week...like at least 3...that's $15 a week? $60+ a month? I guess it's one thing if you LOVE the class...

Which I didn't...

SO.

I'm off to explore another class...I printed my free one day pass and went this morning to a gym setting. I thought...sweet...a GYM...should have mirrors and a nice smooth floor.

Um. No.

Weird floor. Like what would be under all the machines kind of floor. And they tried to have mirrors. They are like little short bathroom mirrors...leaning up against the wall...kind of tilted so that you have a chance at seeing your entire body...about 4 or 5 of them? In a room that is a single wide strip mall type room. With a little boom box for the sound.

Seriously?

I mean. SERIOUSLY?

The gym itself is $15 a month. If you want to go to classes...that's $39 a month for unlimited.

So that's decent. They have tons of classes. But the ROOM.

I think I'm a room snob.

Seriously.

Anyway. The class was awesome. I got my sweat on. It was the best music selection of all the classes that I have been to. I recognized every song except for one. It was beyond strange to be doing different moves to so many of the songs...but it was really fun too...because I could totally get into the moves...once you know what the new move is...you know the song and so you just have so much fun. I told Mom that I'm NOT the kind of person that is worried about doing a move wrong...or for too long...I give it my all...and if the instructor changes the move without me realizing it...I'm like...oh...we do this now...and I'm fine...I don't stop...I'm there to move and so I move whenever the music plays.

The instructor was a fireball...only 4'7" tall...but she toned it down for this class. There were 4 students...and one was a first timer...one was coming back from a hiatus...and so the instructor had a moderate playlist. It worked for me...but for instance...there were NO football legs in the whole class. Even during songs where there SHOULD HAVE BEEN football legs. LOL.

But that's just me.

I got my Zumba high going...so I'm a happy camper. I met another instructor, and somehow...even with what we were doing...she could tell that I could be a high intensity instructor...and so we might get a subbing relationship going. She said that she needs a high intensity instructor for some of her other classes. She's a good instructor. Caring a lot about students...paying attention to who is there...what they want...what keeps them coming...what helps them reach goals.

I think it'd be fun to go to a hit it class...I'm going to have to attend a weekend or night time class to get it I think. I need to plan to visit this instructor's other location where the students are younger in general and want their burn...because that is the class she needs a sub for...I know I could do it...I would be like my corporate class.

It's a $10 drop in fee at that location though. :eek:

I'll figure it out.

Meanwhile...my plan is to continue to see what I can do on the cheap and try to get myself back on track in that way. I might have to do something more committed to a location eventually...but for now...

Linda...it seems to me that you are experiencing what my college profs would call a "paradigm shift"...and major change in your way of thinking. It seems to me that you started your health & fitness journey just to be able to do the helicopter ride...because that goal seemed attainable...and if you thought too hard on the ultimate goal...the distance and effort required to achieve that goal was a bit too overwhelming...and maybe you didn't think you really could with all the challenges facing you on the way.

BUT...in going after that smaller goal...you might be realizing that the ultimate goal is actually achievable...given enough time and effort...but maybe you are hoping that you can do something MORE to lessen the time and maybe even the effort. And your expectations have raised regarding how quickly you'd like to achieve that short term goal...so that the ultimate goal doesn't seem so far away.

BUT...that isn't really working out...the helicopter goal is plodding along...and you are fulfilling it as expected...about 2 pounds a week...which is still an above average achievement. For reasons already mentioned...you aren't as satisfied with this achievement though because now you are actually thinking about and getting hopes raised regarding the ultimate goal.

And now...through our fabulous group of ladies...we are encouraging you to give yourself time...to continue to make the effort...and to not think of the ultimate goal as being the goal...but to think about the lifestyle...the journey that will EVENTUALLY achieve the desired weight loss...the lifestyle and journey IS the goal. The goal is to live a life of healthy habits...regarding food and physical activity.

And it may take time for you to wrap your head around this idea.

You just need to picture yourself living that life...going on cruises...having good mobility...wearing a bathing suit...enjoying Yosemite...doing the geocaching. I love what you said about your body not controlling you...but YOU controlling your body. You have a vision and you are bringing it pass...you are exerting your will on your body...changing it...improving it...preparing it so that it can do what you want it to do.

It IS achievable. It is not too late. It will take time. It will involve effort. It will involve a whole lot of overcoming. And change. But if you remember that the change itself is the goal...and that the results will follow the change...don't get too hung up on results...but instead rejoice in the little things that demonstrate how you have changed and adopted a new lifestyle...the results WILL follow.

One of the ladies in the Zumba class this morning was 65. Yes...she struggled...but again...we were all very encouraging...and she got that first class under her belt. I think conquering the unknown is half the battle. I printed out the pass to the place today...and on the pass it says:

"When it comes to getting in shape, those who can...do. Those who can't...make excuses!"

I think it begins with the mindset. The mind and attitude separate the do-ers from the can't-ers...there's always a way...

Have you ever heard the song "Take a Little Time" by Amy Grant? It's all about how change takes time and you have to give yourself some grace and allow the time to pass for change to occur. One line says, "It takes a little time to turn the Titanic around."

I heard a preacher make that analogy once. He was comparing a personal water craft jet ski to a large cruise ship. If the jet ski is going in the wrong direction...then it is really easy to change directions...but it is much harder to change the direction of the cruise ship...it takes a lot more time and room to maneuver that ship...regardless...when you are making a change...the smallest change will have a great impact the longer you make that change...

So you take that cruise ship and change it's direction by one degree...the longer it sails...the greater difference that one degree makes...

So you stop soda...and replace that with water...day one...not too much difference...

Four years later...well...depending on how much soda you drank...you have made a HUGE change. A 12 oz can of leaded soda has about 140 calories...if you drink one a day...that's 980 calories a week...50,960 calories a year...and over 4 years...203,840 calories in total...if life really were as simple as losing a pound for every 3500 calories...then you could lose over 58 pounds over 4 years by just replacing one soda a day with water. Imagine if you drank a 20 oz bottle...at 240 calories each?

Little changes. Better choices. They all add up. You don't have to rush when you realize that simply making better choices and living a more active, healthy life IS the goal.

Edited by Anita Latte

Wow, that's a great gym price including classes. I'm paying $139.00 a month with unlimited classes. My Tuesday and Saturday class are included in that and are $10.00 a class without the gym membership or 10 classes with a $90.00 pass. My Wednesday class used to be $5.00 but is now $8.00 and through our town rec department so you either have to sign up for all sessions (Monday/Wed.) or buy a 5 class punch card for $40.00. So expensive!

I decided in Nov. when the gym membership runs out to just buy the Zumba pass for $90.00 which will equal a month of classes. I don't go there for the Thurs. night class because it is still the guy who I don't really care for. They replaced his other classes with two wonderful instructors and I really like those classes. I ordered a couple of hip hop workout tapes to fill in inbetween Zumba for something a little different and decided that I really don't need the gym because I have all the equipment to do it at home and do have the discipline also.

This morning I did a 30 minute cardio bootcamp video I found free online, then 20 minutes on the Concept II rower, 20 minutes on the treadmill and two reps of arm weight machines. I'd go to Zumba tonight but since I'm already going 3 other times during the week I feel like its a ditch the husband join the party time if I do

Edited by fergusonvt

I'm a Zumba instructor.

So one of my students suggested we book a group on a cruise and I can teach on the boat. ROCK ON!

We leave in 18 days!!!

Awww, that would be so cool! 'Unfortunately', we're already booked for a cruise leaving Oct 14 so we can't join you:rolleyes:

I've heard that the Allure has Zumba on occasion - someone on the staff is certified. Someone just posted the compasses and I've been meaning to peruse them just to find some Zumba!

Have fun!

Is it this song?:

No, that's not it. If she does it in class tomorrow night, I'll ask her the name of the song. I hunted for it on youtube but I don't know any of the lyrics so I wasn't successful. No clue what country it is from.:confused:

Last night.

@fergusonvt, I think you would have had a ball with me last night!

Anyway, normally on Tuesdays I get to go to a Kisha class, but last night she subbed for the Toning class that is right behind my regular class, so I stayed! Which meant that I did Zumba for 1 hr and 58 minutes! What a rush! It was so much fun... :D

Kisha is just a fantastic instructor. She has such determined, slow movements and she has the perfect style for a Zumba Toning class. I did take this class, once, when the regular instructor taught and I just didn't "feel" the FUN, so to speak. The regular instructor is one of those high-impact, high-energy instructors and she really only used the toning sticks as added weight to the effort, kwim? But Kisha put all of her skills to use and used the toning sticks as resistance weight and had us doing bicep curls, tricep extension, lat pulldowns, shoulder presses! It was awesome. If she had a Toning class, I would definitely be hooked.

So, once again.... it's just an affirmation on how important the style of the Zumba instructor is to your enjoyment of the class! Because I could also tell that some of the ladies in the class were missing their regular instructor! Kisha kept reminding them to not "shake" their weights... to use the weights in slow, deliberate movement... to plant their arms at their waist and just use the upper arm movement for the bicep curls... just standard resistance training form, really. But, some of these ladies were outrageous in their outfits! OMG! one, young girl had strapped on ankle weights and insisted on holding her 5-lb weights in each hand for the entire class... and throwing her weight around (literally). Way worse than the pigeon-toed merengue problem... <sigh>... Note: most people did not have the Zumba toning sticks but were using the dumbbells from the gym which is why Kisha kept telling them to stop shaking them! I used the 2.5-lb weights for some of the songs... plenty enough weight... maybe slightly too much for me...

Kisha is also nursing a shoulder problem and isn't supposed to extend one arm above her head. So, consequently, she didn't use weights and because of that I couldn't figure out how to actually HOLD the weight. I know that there's a difference in the hold (a huge difference actually) and how an angle puts different stress on the muscle.... palm up, palm down, holding weight on the vertical rather than horizontal, for example... so I abandoned the weights in some of the songs. No big.

But, OMG, talk about an endorphin rush! I had such a good, relaxed, worked out feeling last night. And, boy, did I have a good night's sleep. I didn't know if I would because sometimes Zumba makes me hyper.

But, I prepared for last night's class(es). I made some homemade chicken soup (so good) that I ate before class. So when I came home all I ate was my dessert, which was 1/2 an apple and a 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries. Tasted yummy and was perfect.

Still feel good this morning... but glad that it's a REST day! :D

This is it.

The thing is, I've been standing on the right side of the room all summer. The Greek ladies on that side say "opa." But, recently I moved to the left where the speakers aren't so loud, and the latin ladies over there say "epa." So it was a little confusing!

We do a lot of what in my head I call the cowboy step, I think you called it football legs (do you mean like when they run through the tires). We also do what I think of as speedbag arms at the same time. It is absolutely exhausting! But I love it and it is so fun.

We also do this Shakira song:

And Gloria Estefan:

and I love our routine to this:

Ok. I'm so totally in love with this stupid song...I can hardly stand it!

I'm looking at YouTube to see what others are doing to the song...there are 3 videos I like...

Master Class in Korea:

This teaching team is having too much fun OMG:

Some of the ladies LOVE some of the moves in this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOMjAPUuEUc

I wonder if Young does anything similar to any of these?

There is also Bradley's version:

Bradley's is getting copied a lot in other videos...IDK...I think I like the others better...but I haven't actually done any of these routines...I wonder Mom if any of these inspired Young? I'm sure she spinned whatever inspired her...as we all do...maybe she is totally creative on her own. You mentioned a body roll...

There is a body roll in this version...I think

This guy is in Malaysia.

I have to say...this is one of my most favorite things about Zumba...the whole international thing...I really enjoy looking at all the videos all over the world...same song...same general idea...I love it.

I'm going to do my best to piece this together. This may bore everyone else to death; this is basically for Anita.

Gangnam Style, piecing together Young's choreography.

The first moves are similar to moves at 1:47 - 2:05 in the above video.

Bradley's video has arm movements similar to what Young does next at about 0:35 except that Young (being the arm movement queen) has her arms over her head rather than at shoulder height.

Followed by arm, crunch pumps (kwim?)

This video:

has the moves that I was trying to describe when I talked about the cumbia type move(s)... starting at 2:27 - 2:56.

Bradley's video has the lunge type move that I was trying to describe, starting at 3:03 - 3:16. Bradley does an 8-count on each leg and Young split it up as a 4-count, switch, 4-count, switch, 4-count, switch, 4-count switch and changed up arm movements after the first 8-count completion.

I hope this makes some sense.

I can't quite remember how we transition into football legs just before the pony movement. We do the significant pause, after football legs, when we get into the pony movement. And the Sexy Lady move is that cumbia move.

Do I need to do a better job describing this?

Edited by Member123
attempt at clarification!