How does disembarkation work?

ripaula

...and can anyone inform about Express Walk-Off? How/when do you choose this option? We'll be trying to catch an 11 AM flight out of FLL from Ruby Princess..never cruised before, and all this info isn't easy to navigate, especially if you don't know the lingo!:rolleyes:

We'll be trying to catch an 11 AM flight out of FLL

During the cruise you will get info about debarkation. Indicate on it that you have an early flight and want to do self debarkation. You must be able to carry all your bags off and have a free hand to go on the escalator.

With an 11 AM flight, if you do not want to carry all of your luggage off, you can probably request the earliest time that allows you to claim your luggage on shore and easily make your flight. You will likely be off the ship around 8 AM if the ship arrives on time. Just check with the Purser's desk to find out what that earliest time would be.

We did the walkoff procedure on Sunday from the Ruby Princess and it worked great. We were to be in the second walkoff group which was to meet in the dining room at 7:20 a.m. When we walked into the diniing room at 7:08, they were already calling the 2nd group. Everything went smooth with disembarkation, customs, getting a taxi and we were at our gate at the airport by 8:05. We still had a couple of hours to wait around before our 10:25 flight.

I had a great experience, however, if there was a major holdup anywhere in the process, it could really mess up your trip home. On Sunday, there were 8 ships coming into port. If for some reason we were not able to get in front of the "herd" I may be telling a different story. I did not think that this would happen so early in the morning and fortunately it did not. but this may not always be the case.

Princess limits the number of Express Walk-offs, so make sure you return the request form right away. Last cruise, we waited till the next day and all

the slots were filled - and honestly, I didn't miss the experience of trying to wrangle our roll-ons through a crowded ship. But then, I wasn't in a rush to disembark.

Princess limits the number of Express Walk-offs, so make sure you return the request form right away. Last cruise, we waited till the next day and all

the slots were filled - and honestly, I didn't miss the experience of trying to wrangle our roll-ons through a crowded ship. But then, I wasn't in a rush to disembark.

Too bad carnival doesn't. The aisles and stairways were jam packed with luggage and people. There was absoulutely no screening, so everyone on Conquest decided to join in "express" disembarkation.

With an 11am flight, you won't need Express Disembarkation. Even if you did use it, it would only save you 5-10 minutes and be a lot of hassle since you must be able to carry everything off on your own, without assistance, and have one hand free for the escalator, which they enforce in FLL. Otherwise, you have to take the elevator which can take 15-20 minutes since with all that luggage, only a few can fit in the elevator at a time.

Archived