If you WON the lottery

JRGAPI

If you won the lottery:

How long of a cruise would you take and where?

How many people would you invite to go with you?

What cabins would you get?

JR

I might try living on a ship for 6 months or a year. Then invite friends for various times. One of the best parts of cruising is meeting people. Just cruising with the same people you see all the time doesn't seem quite as much fun. (Except for a few people I know who are always fun.)

Hello Everyone

I want to thank all of you for your input on this thread. With things like

they are today, it's does us good to dream. Maybe on of these days,

one of you may win the lottery and be able to live your dream. If you

do, PLEASE let me know and I want a suite. LOL

I am glad I started this thread to see the :):):)'s one everyone's

face just thinking about winning.

As most of you know, I LOVE putting :):):)'s on face's with the pins

I give away.

So keep the smiles coming. I enjoy reading all your post.

JR

If you won the lottery:

Mexico and Caribbean a few...3 or 4 B2B's

just a few friends, we might see some off and new ones on during the B2B's

Aft Wrap

JR

This remindes me to go play that powerball:D

Power Ball Jackpot for Wed. is $96,000,000.00

Should net about $33 million, lump sum, after taxes.

Unless your momma named you Cooter, you're missing a couple front teeth and you're from either, WV, KY or TN, you ain't got a chance.

[quote name='L2J']Unless your momma named you Cooter, you're missing a couple front teeth and you're from either, WV, KY or TN, you ain't got a chance.[/quote]

...or if you're 98 years old. :p

I need to start buying lottery tickets. I can't complain about not winning if I don't buy them.

which reminds me...Dream home entry...

[quote name='mcwebber']Well.... $16.5 after you split it with me when I buy the other winning ticket.[/quote]

'Kay by me!:D

3% net return on $16.5 million is $495,000.00 per year. I could work that into my budget.

I responded way back about how I'd cruise with lottery winnings. Rethinking, I'd add longish pre or post cruise stays in many far away departure ports.

I'd probably do 10-12 days in the Med. But it would just be a diversion from the real trip, which would be a couple months travelling through western Europe and actually seeing the cities and other sights. As for the ship/cabin, it doesn't matter. But nothing snooty. And I would bring my wife and kids, of course.

[quote name='JRGAPI']If you won the lottery:

JR[/quote]

1. The cruise I would invite everyone on would be a 7 day since not everyone can get off work that long. After that I would be taking several under 2 week cruises.
2. Probably about 30 people, Family and some friends.
3. Not sure yet, I would probably get a suite but probably not the most expensive one or anything since I don't usually spend much time in the room.

[quote name='Aoumd']The lottery is always a long shot, but it's fun to dream!

I would want to take many cruises, on a variety of ships, itineraries, etc. Some thoughts that come to mind:

[LIST]
[*]Allure of the Seas B2B (after sailing on Oasis I realize you really need 2 weeks for something that huge)
[*]Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing (either fly or TA on a cruise ship to Europe, spend time in Europe, QM2 back to New York)
[*]Try one of Carnival's newer ships, a Celebrity Solstice Class, a RCCL Radiance Class, and Princess.
[*]Something to Alaska
[*]Something to Hawaii
[*]Something sailing OUT of Manhattan (i.e. not Brooklyn) for the "Royal Procession Down the Hudson"
[*]Something to Bermuda
[*]Something that's a Southern Caribbean itinerary AND has some sea days to it.
[/LIST]
I would not want to live on a ship - I like having trips to look forward to, and would want to sprinkle my cruises around time at home to enjoy them more. I also would not want the absolute biggest suite on a ship. Maybe I'd go mini/Junior suite where available. I'd want to take regular excursions with others, because meeting people on excursions is fun![/QUOTE]

I should have added my DW would accompany me of course, and some friends too, in their own cabin(s) of course, where time allows! My folks aren't really the cruising type, but DW's parents are and maybe they'd sail with us on a few. Enough people to get a group dynamic, but not enough to be an unwieldy group.

[quote name='L2J']Unless your momma named you Cooter, you're missing a couple front teeth and you're from either, WV, KY or TN, you ain't got a chance.[/quote]

You have brought on a story. A new one, today in fact.

I've been experiencing pain in my hips after walking long distances [like from a aft cabin to the MDR] Had xrays done on my hips yesterday. Doc's office called today, the girl said the Doc wanted me to go on a anti-inflammatory drug. Where should she call it into? I said Wallyworld. She lauged and said, "You have to be from Okeechobee to call it Wallyworld." Thinking about your post, I said, "Waaal they call me Cooter."

You made her day, she almost fell out of her chair I'm sure.

[quote name='kerrytens']Move to Canuckia, $96,000,000 nets you $96,000,000;)[/quote]

Yeah I can't believe Americans get taxed on lottery winnings! It's bugged me since I moved here from Australia. The government has their hand in everything!

[quote name='Nemspy']Yeah I can't believe Americans get taxed on lottery winnings! It's bugged me since I moved here from Australia. The government has their hand in everything![/quote]
Don't feel too bad, they stick it to us in other ways:o

Archived