If you WON the lottery

JRGAPI

My own boat would be too much work. I had one, they grow barnacles and my other half at the time spent all his time and money buying new toys for them and hanging out on the boat. I never got him inside.

I would book some nice cruise to Alaska or Panama Canal .. but would love Australia. .. but even if I won the lottery my parents are elderly, so I cant be gone more than 2 weeks tops, and even that long would drive me nuts.

My own boat would be too much work. I had one, they grow barnacles and my other half at the time spent all his time and money buying new toys for them and hanging out on the boat. I never got him inside.

I would book some nice cruise to Alaska or Panama Canal .. but would love Australia. .. but even if I won the lottery my parents are elderly, so I cant be gone more than 2 weeks tops, and even that long would drive me nuts.

Depends on the size of the lottery win. If it was big enough, other people would be doing the work stuff. :D

I set the itinerary, smoke wherever I want, bring any booze on board I want ....

If you won the lottery:

How long of a cruise would you take and where?

How many people would you invite to go with you?

What cabins would you get?

JR

I'd take a world cruise on the fanciest line I could with the best cabin on the ship. I don't know how many people I'd invite (probably a few friends and family).

I would probably take a round the world cruise

I would take the few people that have been friends all along even in hard times

I would give a special invitation to some of the people here on CC then check their bags for smuggled booze and leave them off at the first port that we came to after departure

Oh and also check their posts to see how very rude they have been to smokers and other people asking questions and leave them off at the next port also

Dan, now you are talking!!! Yup, my own yacht, my own crew and only my friends and family allowed:D

We docked behind the "Octopus" in Dominica [i think] I looked and looked at it wondering, "What cruiseline is that ship from?" We were on a small Princess ship and the Octopus was only about 300 feet shorter. Besides its 2 choppers on board it holds 7[?] other vessels inside its hull. Including a small yacht in its own right and a submarine that can spend 2 weeks underwater.

If you won the lottery: have to be lots of millions from say powerball

How long of a cruise would you take and where? Whenever, wherever my little heart desires.

What cabins would you get? whichever, wherever my little heart deisres

How many people would you invite to go with you? none with us (DH and I) except for maybe the kiddos occassionly for family time.

But having already thought this, I would make a local TA very happy with the extra $$$ I give them to plan about 6 group cruises for DH and I's coworkers (actually will be ex-coworkers at this point) for each of them to have a 7 day Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise with one guest, complete with Airfare, hotel, transfers, tips and $1,000 OBC per balcony stateroom. Would love to do this as the past few years and in foreseeable future at each of our work places, everyone is overworked as "vacancy savings", hiring freezes and no pay raises is bringing the already low morale further down. I figure this would take about $350,000.00 on Carnival using todays prices. And with millions to spare in my pocket, why not.

We docked behind the "Octopus" in Dominica [i think] I looked and looked at it wondering, "What cruiseline is that ship from?" We were on a small Princess ship and the Octopus was only about 300 feet shorter. Besides its 2 choppers on board it holds 7[?] other vessels inside its hull. Including a small yacht in its own right and a submarine that can spend 2 weeks underwater.

LOL! Love the what cruiseline is that story - totally something I'd do too. I've known this ship for about a year now and it is simply amazing. I may be mixing up my yachts now but wasn't the Octopus just given to its current owner? If so, I need some friends in high places:D

LOL! Love the what cruiseline is that story - totally something I'd do too. I've known this ship for about a year now and it is simply amazing. I may be mixing up my yachts now but wasn't the Octopus just given to its current owner? If so, I need some friends in high places:D

The video is awful but it shows the size.

• 7 night Hawaii round-trip on NCL's POA (+ 7 night post stay in Honolulu)
  • 10 family members
  • Suites for all!

Have a great weekend everyone! :D

If you won the lottery:

JR

For the most part, my cruise habits would change very little. I would still look for the best price. Given: lottery winnings are really huge. I might cruise more often per year. Try Princess and RCL. with their prices you just about need the lottery (half kidding). ;) Live.Love.Cruise has it about right, except no suites, balcony or ocean view is fine. 7 days at a time is enough. JR thanks for the fantasy. :D:D

If you won the lottery:

JR

I would take several 7 days cruises all over. I would finally take a nice Alaskan cruise!

I would take my mom, dad, brother, and probably my best friend!

I would get a suite!!!The best cabin available!

We would do a transatlantic crossing to Europe and tour the Med again. We would also take several European river cruises on the smaller vessels that can get right into the towns. We would then book an Italian Villa for a few months and immerse ourselves into the local culture. Then we would take several trips throughout the region and visit London, Switzerland and St Petersburg as we await a transatlantic voyage to bring us home. We would not do any long flights. Our children and grandchildren would invited to tag along for whatever time they can allot to being with us.

The lottery is always a long shot, but it's fun to dream!

I would want to take many cruises, on a variety of ships, itineraries, etc. Some thoughts that come to mind:

• Allure of the Seas B2B (after sailing on Oasis I realize you really need 2 weeks for something that huge)
  • Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing (either fly or TA on a cruise ship to Europe, spend time in Europe, QM2 back to New York)
  • Try one of Carnival's newer ships, a Celebrity Solstice Class, a RCCL Radiance Class, and Princess.
  • Something to Alaska
  • Something to Hawaii
  • Something sailing OUT of Manhattan (i.e. not Brooklyn) for the "Royal Procession Down the Hudson"
  • Something to Bermuda
  • Something that's a Southern Caribbean itinerary AND has some sea days to it.

I would not want to live on a ship - I like having trips to look forward to, and would want to sprinkle my cruises around time at home to enjoy them more. I also would not want the absolute biggest suite on a ship. Maybe I'd go mini/Junior suite where available. I'd want to take regular excursions with others, because meeting people on excursions is fun!

Wow, talk about a fantasy cruise. But this is kind of fun to think about.

It would really depend on the size of the lottery, but if it was 95 million or something rediculous like that, I would take my sister and I on a world cruise in the best suite available. My sister deserves AT LEAST that much. Then I would take all my group cruising buddies to the South Pacific, everyone would have at least a balcony, and money to spend everywhere we went.:D And I would like to do this cruise on the Magic or the Allure. I would charter the ship of course!:D

My boss has actually asked me this question. And I told her I would immediately book 5 or 6 cruises. That way, I'd be coming home in between. Otherwise I would miss my dog just too much.

I'd probably take different family or friends on different ones. There are several cruises I want to take. And I'd like to try some other lines.

I don't think I'd ever get tired of cruising.

Wow, talk about a fantasy cruise. But this is kind of fun to think about.

It would really depend on the size of the lottery, but if it was 95 million or something rediculous like that, I would take my sister and I on a world cruise in the best suite available. My sister deserves AT LEAST that much. Then I would take all my group cruising buddies to the South Pacific, everyone would have at least a balcony, and money to spend everywhere we went.:D And I would like to do this cruise on the Magic or the Allure. I would charter the ship of course!:D

Power Ball Jackpot for Wed. is $96,000,000.00

Should net about $33 million, lump sum, after taxes.

Archived