Day passes at hotels in St. Thomas

Tiggercat

We went to Emerald Beach on our crusie in August and are going again in April. We grabbed a van right when we got off the ship and arranged for the driver to come back and get us at 4PM.

The beach was very nice, calm water. We rented two chairs and an umbrella. We were able to use the restrooms which were very clean. There is a nice bar wher we had drinks and ordered a burger and a pizza (pricey, but good).

The beach wasn't crowded at at all and truly was a perfect setting and a great day!

...and how much to rent chairs/umbrella? Thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...
They have kayaks and paddle boats based on the same link I provided over a week ago. I would check their website or call them if it doesn't say anything about that, www.emeraldbeach.com.:)

Yeah, I was on their web site and it mentioned sailing and a Hobie Cat sail boat. I did see you post. I was just checking, Thanks.

We took a taxi to Bolongo Bay last month and it was beautiful and deserted! There were at most 10 people on the beach (this with 5 ships and Oasis in port). We didn't pay anything to get in. The staff mentioned there was a charge to use the chairs ($10/pp?) but we sat on the beach and went in the water without paying a dollar. I think it cot us about $10 for the taxi ride each way.

Perhaps it was the off season and things are different other times of the year but I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

A picture from my cheap camera:

ry%3D400

We took a taxi to Bolongo Bay last month and it was beautiful and deserted! There were at most 10 people on the beach (this with 5 ships and Oasis in port). We didn't pay anything to get in. The staff mentioned there was a charge to use the chairs ($10/pp?) but we sat on the beach and went in the water without paying a dollar. I think it cot us about $10 for the taxi ride each way.

Perhaps it was the off season and things are different other times of the year but I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

A picture from my cheap camera:

ry%3D400

Beautiful!

Yeah, I was on their web site and it mentioned sailing and a Hobie Cat sail boat. I did see you post. I was just checking, Thanks.

Oh okay, I know how it could get in here with the millions of posts. Was just giving you a timeframe in case you needed to go back;) Have you tried emailing them? I did and they got back to me fairly quickly if I remember correctly. I often find myself waiting on ppl in CC to respond to me when I could just contact the tour operator, hotel, etc, directly, lol!:rolleyes:

We will be traveling on the Ruby Princess in Novemeber with a day in St. Thomas. I need some advice. We want to be able to go to a nice beach where there are facilities and some good snorkeling. It would be nice if there were some other water activities offered. After the beach, we would like to go downtown to do some shopping before returning to the ship. I don't know which beaches would be the best choices. Have already been to Magen's Bay once, and although it was nice, don't really have the desire to go back there again. We thought it would be nice to do the beach first, then shop so that we wouldn't have to worry about storing our purchases before returning to the ship. We are two couples in our fifties who just want to be able to relax, snorkel a bit, have some lunch, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks.:)

Sapphire Beach is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think there is a fee for the beach unless you want to rent chairs, snorkle gear, water toys or food. You can just a taxi and go there. It's a good beach for swimming or snorkling. It faces St. John's so there's no better scenery to look at than this beach. The food is pretty decent, also. They have restrooms, also. :o

Sapphire Beach is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think there is a fee for the beach unless you want to rent chairs, snorkle gear, water toys or food. You can just a taxi and go there. It's a good beach for swimming or snorkling. It faces St. John's so there's no better scenery to look at than this beach. The food is pretty decent, also. They have restrooms, also. :o

I've been hearing horror stories about the restrooms :(

• 7 months later...
Bring towels from the ship. Also helps to bring plastic bag to sit on in return taxi' date=':)

B.[/quote']

Betsy's Mom:

About how long does it take to get there from CCL Victory dock? Do you happen to know? Also from what I recall - I have read so many posts today - is taxi for two like $9.00 per person each way? We don't care about snorkeling here. Just want decent pretty water and beach to park and swim for a bit and then go back to shop a little and head back to the ship.

Toyed with going to St. John, but pretty much have ruled it out. Have taken island tour as we have been here once before a few years ago so don't want to do that again.

What do you think? Just dh and me on this trip.

Thanks for your help.

• 8 months later...

Looks like this thread has not been active but we would like to find a spot for our upcoming November Disney Cruise. A day pass to a hotel seems what the family wants. When we went to Cozymel, the Melia Hotels had a great deal!!

scott: If Sugar Bay doesn't have something like that, I don't think you'll find it. First, St Thomas is not a big AI destination like Mexico. Second, beaches are public up to the high water mark. You can bring a towel and sit just about anywhere. Some places will rent you a chair. Some places have a bar and restaurant where you can buy food and drink. Most of the places discussed on this thread fall into one or more of these categories. ;)

Emerald Beach Best Western does offer day rooms with full use of their facilities including the pool ... but it does not include food/drinks.

We're considering it for our next trip. Either that or just going there to use the beach and renting their $10 cabanas and $7 loungers :)

I just sent a request for Emerald Bay. I think that's where we'd like to go for the day. Our cruise is Aug 26th and we are in port from 11-7, so having use of the facilities, etc., would be nice. Does anyone know if you don't rent a room, but use the beach area etc., are you still able to use the pool? Thanks in advance!

I just sent a request for Emerald Bay. I think that's where we'd like to go for the day. Our cruise is Aug 26th and we are in port from 11-7, so having use of the facilities, etc., would be nice. Does anyone know if you don't rent a room, but use the beach area etc., are you still able to use the pool? Thanks in advance!

No, the pool is just for resort guests. But you won't be missing much, it isn't anything spectacular. This photo shows a little bit of the pool area:

IMG_0743.jpg

It's pretty, but not very big. I would just enjoy the beach and water - it's very calm and great for swimming - and then get your pool fix back on the ship.

That's correct ... you would not have use of the pool unless you had a room. Also, the day rooms are only available to you from 10am-3pm ... but you could always ask to push the times back since you're getting into port so late.

Archived