Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

I have identified a snag in the planning of this new organization that might tick some people off in the future. take my situation for example.

In the previous way I had 8 cruise credits and was platinum and I am sailing on a 9 night 2/19/11 which will give me 9 credits still 1 shy of Diamon status. the old way I could have taken a 2 night or a 12 night cruise after and made my required credits to Hit diamond after the sailing is complete which is fine.

The new way being points are granted for each night sailed after I cruise in feb i will end up with 78 points in total 2 shy from reaching diamond. Now the chances of myself booking a 2 night cruise are close to zero and the fact that the points are not granted until about one week post sailing is my issue.

technically I would reach diamond status by the 3rd day of the cruise and therefore should be able to use amenities like the concierge club or other options availble to Diamond but not platnium members.

The part that burns me is that I will be 2 points shy and even more so the 3 crusies I have taken with celebrity being they are part of the same company is not enough to show loyalty to a customer when after I sail in Feb will be my 12th with the company as a whole ( 9 on Royal and 3 on Celebrity). There should be some provision with the new system for things as close to the wire as this.

We have a B2B reserved for April, the first leg would have made us diamond. On the second portion we wold have cruise as diamond. Now we will have to wait until the completion of the second voyage to reach diamond(that is if I figured correctly). This is a little hard to swallow.

We booked a suite with these intentions and that has me a tad frustrated. Oh well, such is life.

It is not that I cannot book another cruise, but it is a litte bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just sent an email to Crown and Anchor (and CC'd a copy to Adam Goldstein's office) with my complaint over our situation which is nearly identical to yours. I urge everyone that has found themselves in this same predicament to do the same.

Maybe if they get enough complaints they will modify the changes to exclude booked cruises.

I understand they pushed back the implementation date when the took the CL Lounge away from Diamonds after all the complaints. Perhaps we can accomplish the same.

I just sent an email to Crown and Anchor (and CC'd a copy to Adam Goldstein's office) with my complaint over our situation which is nearly identical to yours. I urge everyone that has found themselves in this same predicament to do the same.

Maybe if they get enough complaints they will modify the changes to exclude booked cruises.

I understand they pushed back the implementation date when the took the CL Lounge away from Diamonds after all the complaints. Perhaps we can accomplish the same.

I just do not think that is going to happen there has to be a start date and if they change it now for you that whats to stop someone else down the road from saying the same thing. This just did not come up all of a sudden it has been talked about for a couple of years and I read last year on here where it was going to change in 1/2011 and it has. I took that as an omen.. I do hope you can get what your asking for.

Originally Posted by 1st mate View Post

We have a B2B reserved for April, the first leg would have made us diamond. On the second portion we wold have cruise as diamond. Now we will have to wait until the completion of the second voyage to reach diamond(that is if I figured correctly). This is a little hard to swallow.

I am a pretty hard-nosed, it-is-what-it-is type of person, but the situation you describe would not make me a happy camper. I know you have your plans already made but I'd go a far bit to unhook those two cruises (if I couldn't get relief otherwise) and make darn sure I sailed the second one as D, even if I had to set the second one a few weeks out.

(I realize that isn't what you planned and you may not be able to do that. That's just wrong from the get-go, though.)

This is what I'd like to know since I am in that position. It will either be 5 points if under current rules since we booked a d2 or 14 points if under day of departure rules since we ended up witha JS upgrade. I'll let you know. We are still on board for a B2B so tbiscruise will be 10 points in a booked JS for nights.

I think this has already been established. Another poster was complaining that a cruise he/she took a week or two ago (before 1/21) was just added to his account as night points, not cruise credit.

Suite upgrades were never supposed to be given the extra credit in the past, but the system was not set up to distinguish the difference ,apparently. We, and most others, were routinely given double credits even though it was contrary to the rules. We will have to wait a couple of weeks to see if Mommabean, or others, get the single or double credit, when they're finally posted. My bet is that they have fixed their programming to keep Super Mario et.al. from getting 100 cruise credits in 52 weeks while booking insides/balconies, (sic) his words.

I have identified a snag in the planning of this new organization that might tick some people off in the future. take my situation for example.

In the previous way I had 8 cruise credits and was platinum and I am sailing on a 9 night 2/19/11 which will give me 9 credits still 1 shy of Diamon status. the old way I could have taken a 2 night or a 12 night cruise after and made my required credits to Hit diamond after the sailing is complete which is fine.

The new way being points are granted for each night sailed after I cruise in feb i will end up with 78 points in total 2 shy from reaching diamond. Now the chances of myself booking a 2 night cruise are close to zero and the fact that the points are not granted until about one week post sailing is my issue.

technically I would reach diamond status by the 3rd day of the cruise and therefore should be able to use amenities like the concierge club or other options availble to Diamond but not platnium members.

The part that burns me is that I will be 2 points shy and even more so the 3 crusies I have taken with celebrity being they are part of the same company is not enough to show loyalty to a customer when after I sail in Feb will be my 12th with the company as a whole ( 9 on Royal and 3 on Celebrity). There should be some provision with the new system for things as close to the wire as this.

I just do not think that is going to happen there has to be a start date and if they change it now for you that whats to stop someone else down the road from saying the same thing. This just did not come up all of a sudden it has been talked about for a couple of years and I read last year on here where it was going to change in 1/2011 and it has. I took that as an omen.. I do hope you can get what your asking for.

I am a pretty hard-nosed, it-is-what-it-is type of person, but the situation you describe would not make me a happy camper. I know you have your plans already made but I'd go a far bit to unhook those two cruises (if I couldn't get relief otherwise) and make darn sure I sailed the second one as D, even if I had to set the second one a few weeks out.

(I realize that isn't what you planned and you may not be able to do that. That's just wrong from the get-go, though.)

I'm glad that I am not the only one with some issues on this new system.

To elaborate; When we booked the up coming b2b on board Freedom this past August 2010, we explained to the Loyalty Ambassador our intentions. He was behind us 100%, help us set up and prepare, explaining how to contact the LA on board Majesty to set everything in motion for the 2nd leg of our cruise.

I feel he may have withheld information, knowing full well there would be changes in the very near future, that would impact our plans. For this I am unhappy. So, we booked our cruises under (some grey area) false pretenses.JMO

I realize there is very little I can do, and will this stop me from cruising RCCL, maybe not, but it does not imply that I have to like the circumstances.

I do believe the LA knew what was coming and failed me, as a repeat passenger. I better get off my soap box. Thanks for listening!

In 2001 we took 3 back to backs of 12 days each and only received 1credit for each cruise. That is 36 days for 3 credits compared to the same 3 credits for 9 days for the short cruisers. We also have taken 11 --10--9 day cruises for 1 credit each. We have not received extra days or points for those days? Even with this We are glad to see this new system in place to make it fairer to those taking the longer cruises.

Rufe

Sorry to hear that you do not like the new system. They have to switch over to the new system at a cetain date. I have embraced the changes and will move on. Unfortunatly in this business (like the one I work in) you will not be able to please everyone.

I have been reading about all of the confusion of the transfer of points from credits. I think they made it simple. With everyone on credits (5 credits before transition) They made it a level transition for eveyone whether you had 1 credit or 25 credits. Now that the trasition is done from here on out it is the days at sea with it getting credited at the end of the cruise just like before. If I sailed where I bridged a level I expect that I would stay at the level I started the cruise at, then move up after the cruise is complete.

In 2001 we took 3 back to backs of 12 days each and only received 1credit for each cruise. That is 36 days for 3 credits compared to the same 3 credits for 9 days for the short cruisers. We also have taken 11 --10--9 day cruises for 1 credit each. We have not received extra days or points for those days? Even with this We are glad to see this new system in place to make it fairer to those taking the longer cruises.

Rufe

What you describe here is exactly the reason RCCL changed the program. However, they can't correct the wrong of the past, only going forward, which is what they've done.

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I can't seem to see that it has. For those cruises that were embarked prior to the new system, but not yet credited to the respective C&A accounts. Will they be added as cruise credits (old system) or cruise points (new system)? Will they add the latest cruise as an additional cruise credit or 2 if in a suite or will it just be added to the converted amount as days?

Did I make sense? Lol.

Tony,

Not that I'd ever be eligible for Pinnacle, but I agree with you, they should have made a new level between Diamond+ and Pinnacle because that is to far of a distance.there's no need for Emerald.

Please don't give them any ideas to take away bennies from the D+ so they can give them to a level between that and Pinnacle.

You reach your new level at the completion of your cruise. The Concierge Lounge is available only to Diamond Plus members and those staying in Grand Suites or above. You will be at Diamond Level soon. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Did they take away any bennies from Platinum when they created Emerald?

Tony, she does have a point......ya know when overcrowding starts happening again even without the Diamonds in the CL, Baboom...........new level is only allowed in and D+ gets demoted like the Diamonds did. Just a thought. Ya never know, but I still do think the new level should have been halfway between D+ and Pinnacle and not between P and E - that's just silly!!! It's crazy to move people so many levels prior to becoming Diamond.

I'm 3 from Emerald (which basically gives you nothing but a snack) and I thought I would have been Diamond after the two I have planned. If my plans don't change I'll be 3 short again, then from Diamond.

So...eh. :confused:

Some loose and some win in the new C&A Member Benefits recalculation and tier structure, but in the long run the new points system makes a whole lot more sense!

For those of us who do not live next door to the cruise ports, and are unable to sneak in those shorty weekenders, the new points system puts us on a more equitable footing.

Let's go cruisin'! :cool:

... Dave

On all the cruises we've been on, Platinum has always been included with the D/D+ pax in the C&A debarkation lounge.
Two different things

"Private departure lounge with continental breakfast available for the entire family" Was a P, D,&D+ benefit.

"Priority Departure from ship on debarkation day"(could get any color luggage tag first, last or in between) was only for D & D+

However per usual each ship or LA did what they wanted.

Sorry to hear that you do not like the new system. They have to switch over to the new system at a cetain date. I have embraced the changes and will move on. Unfortunatly in this business (like the one I work in) you will not be able to please everyone.

I totally agree. I just think there should have been advance warning. Something official, not just rumors on CC.

I totally agree. I just think there should have been advance warning. Something official, not just rumors on CC.

I agree. We haven't seen any sign of an official communication. Everything we have found out has been via Cruise Critic. Yes, they have posted the changes on the RCI website, but how many people (apart from those of us that are also CC regulars) check the RCI website. How many people are going to have a rude awakening on their next cruise which they may presume (for example) will get them to Diamond status, only to find out they need yet another cruise to get to that level? We are only a minority - I guess a lot of people will be cruising soon without even realising anything has changed.

Grady,

I called CA and it has always been that you don't get credit for booked cruises until you after you have sailed. I think that RCI should have made a prior announcement of upcomming changes instead of all the rumors of the date of the changes being discussed on CC.

They had to do a cut off and I think your reasoning about booked cruises will not change anything. If that were true people would turn diamond mid cruise and we know that never happened.

I am leaving on a cruise on 1/31 which would have made me diamond. Now I will be 3 days short after this cruise. I have an option of doing a three day cruise to get me to Diamond, but I don't think the airfare will justify it. So I will be Diamond when my schedule allow, and I will need to sail as a Emerald on my next cruise after this one. But atleast I will be sailing and not stuck at home. It is not as if I will not be taking future cruises and I enjoy RCI.

They added on nights sailed to everyone, and it would have been harder to reach the 70 days sailed if they hadn't used a formula to try to put us on a level playing field.

It is what it is, so we need to cruise with it.

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I can't seem to see that it has. For those cruises that were embarked prior to the new system, but not yet credited to the respective C&A accounts. Will they be added as cruise credits (old system) or cruise points (new system)? Will they add the latest cruise as an additional cruise credit or 2 if in a suite or will it just be added to the converted amount as days?

Did I make sense? Lol.

I think the issue is that will their number of days be recalculated to include the missing cruise and take benefit of the extra days added in the formula.

If they are just added as actual days they have a real complaint since it was RCI's issue of not adding in cruises prior to 1/21.

I really think they will make it right.

I'm glad that I am not the only one with some issues on this new system.

To elaborate; When we booked the up coming b2b on board Freedom this past August 2010, we explained to the Loyalty Ambassador our intentions. He was behind us 100%, help us set up and prepare, explaining how to contact the LA on board Majesty to set everything in motion for the 2nd leg of our cruise.

I feel he may have withheld information, knowing full well there would be changes in the very near future, that would impact our plans. For this I am unhappy. So, we booked our cruises under (some grey area) false pretenses.JMO

I realize there is very little I can do, and will this stop me from cruising RCCL, maybe not, but it does not imply that I have to like the circumstances.

I do believe the LA knew what was coming and failed me, as a repeat passenger. I better get off my soap box. Thanks for listening!

Seriously? You think that LAST AUGUST, the Loyalty Ambassador KNEW when and how the Crown & Anchor program was going to change?

If you believe that, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would like to sell you.

Archived