Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

I guess we're happy with the new system. We have taken two cruises 7 nights each and have 29pts with another 7 night bk'd in Oct. These have all been in GS's---so now after this next cruise we wil be bumped up to next level---but just wondering how far up Platinum we will be.:confused:

[quote name='Host Kewlguy'][COLOR=black]I agree with you. They should definitely have a tier between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.[/COLOR][/quote]

Those higher D+ do get some extras although they don't have an official tier name (except higher D+ ;)). They get the extra bottle of wine, dinner with staff, discount on single cruise, that kind of stuff that kicks in at about the 340 level.

[quote name='CruiseKeeper']Maybe they'll come up with a Super Pinnacle for you. :D[/quote]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=magenta][B][I]CruiseKeeper[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]My comment was that there should have been a [COLOR=blue]New Tier[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]above[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime][B][I]Diamond Plus[/I][/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR=red]below[/COLOR] [B][I][COLOR=seagreen]Pinnacle[/COLOR][/I][/B]. Due to the 525 nights difference. That is a huge gap.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]My main concern is a larger Balcony Discount then when I became Diamond Plus at 24 Credits (175 nights) and now have over 100 Credits (over 1000 nights).[/COLOR][/SIZE]

There is no way the Balcony Discount should be the same as Diamond Plus

[quote name='lordtimothy'][SIZE=7][COLOR=magenta][B][I]CruiseKeeper[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]My comment was that there should have been a [COLOR=blue]New Tier[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]above[/COLOR] [COLOR=lime][B][I]Diamond Plus[/I][/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR=red]below[/COLOR] [B][I][COLOR=seagreen]Pinnacle[/COLOR][/I][/B]. Due to the 525 nights difference. That is a huge gap.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]My main concern is a larger Balcony Discount then when I became Diamond Plus at 24 Credits (175 nights) and now have over 100 Credits (over 1000 nights).[/COLOR][/SIZE]

There is no way the Balcony Discount should be the same as Diamond Plus[/quote]

I knew what you meant, I just thought you had achieved Pinnacle already. Didn't you?
You do get a free cruise every now and then, don't you? You Pinnacles have plenty of pull, lobby for it.

[quote name='seasearider']You're assuming all D+ only have 175 cruise points, which of course is absurd.[/quote]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=magenta][B][I]seasearider[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[B][I][SIZE=5]"absurd" ? ? ?[/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B][I][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B][I][SIZE=5]It doesn't matter whether you have 175 nights or 699 nights (Diamond Plus) you still get the same Balcony Discount as Pinnacle Members at 700 nights or 3000 nights. [/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B][I][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=red]Now does that make any sense ? ? ?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]

[quote name='CruiseKeeper']I knew what you meant, I just thought you had achieved Pinnacle already. Didn't you?[/quote]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B][I]CruiseKeeper[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black][B]No worries on that ; I am Pinnacle with many nights to spare.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=green][B]Hope all is well.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][I]You know I like stirring the pot ! ! ![/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='lordtimothy'][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B][I]CruiseKeeper[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black][B]No worries on that ; I am Pinnacle with many nights to spare.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][I]You know I like stirring the pot ! ! ![/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[B][I][SIZE=7][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B][I][SIZE=7][COLOR=#ff0000]Yes I do! :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]

[quote name='lordtimothy'][SIZE=5][COLOR=blue][B][I]CruiseKeeper[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][I]You know I like stirring the pot ! ! ![/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

It will be very hard for people to reach Pinnacle which is a real shame- think it a bit of a leap between D+ and Pinnacle unless you are fortunate enough to have been grandfathered in already. Benefits for Pinnacle don't really reflect that you have to spend 2 years at sea (or 1 in a suite) to get there !!

Wanting to know if I'm missing a credit. RCI says no, but I have seen in a couple posts where people said they got credit for this.....

In 02, I booked 2 rooms on Voyager. One for the DW and I (GS) and the other for our 3 kids (inside-across the hall), none of whom were 18. This was our first cruise ever and we haven't looked back since :-). I paid for both rooms and the reservations were linked.

I received one credit for this cruise, which I agree with..Getting double credit for GS was not done until 2004.

But should I have gotten a credit for the 2nd room? RCI says no, but I have seen a couple posts from folks that said they did.

Wouldn't be much of an issue except it would make us Diamond before our next cruise on Allure in May. We'll make Diamond after that cruise, but would be nice if it would jump us up before the May cruise.

Any advice/personal knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

[quote name='seb']Wanting to know if I'm missing a credit. RCI says no, but I have seen in a couple posts where people said they got credit for this.....

In 02, I booked 2 rooms on Voyager. One for the DW and I (GS) and the other for our 3 kids (inside-across the hall), none of whom were 18. This was our first cruise ever and we haven't looked back since :-). I paid for both rooms and the reservations were linked.

I received one credit for this cruise, which I agree with..Getting double credit for GS was not done until 2004.

But should I have gotten a credit for the 2nd room? RCI says no, but I have seen a couple posts from folks that said they did.

Wouldn't be much of an issue except it would make us Diamond before our next cruise on Allure in May. We'll make Diamond after that cruise, but would be nice if it would jump us up before the May cruise.

Any advice/personal knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Steve[/QUOTE]

Under the previous system you only received credits for the number of CRUISES you took, not the number of CABINS. Your children will get credit for that cabin, not you just because you paid for it.

[quote name='LMZinSC']The "formula" was cruise credits x 7, plus 13. I have no idea what the logic was, but works for me.[/QUOTE]

Thats not what they used for me it was 4 cruise credits *7 +1 = 29 I think it stinks. If they are going to a nights sailed system then that is how they should calculate.

[quote name='wishtdream']Thats not what they used for me it was 4 cruise credits *7 +1 = 29 I think it stinks. If they are going to a nights sailed system then that is how they should calculate.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]The formula is for those starting with 8 cruises.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='yj2cute']Just curious, what is it that you're unhappy about? Under the old system you were 1 cruise away from Platinum and you still are.

[COLOR="Yellow"][COLOR="Red"]They did not convert the system based on the number of nights cruised, but by the number of credits. So 32 nights at sea does NOT equal 32 cruise points[/COLOR]. [/COLOR]

IMO, that appears to be the most fair way for all. Even those who achieved their status by multiple short cruises maintain their current status and the number of cruises needed to achieve the next tier.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why I am unhappy.

I like things cut and dry. Before the switch I had 4 cruise credits and had sailed 32 nights and that is the way the system worked those were the rules so be it. Now they base the points system on nights sailed I have sailed 32 nights I should have 32 points period. If the transition worked that way I would have no complaints whatsoever.

[quote name='lordtimothy'][SIZE=7][COLOR=magenta][B][I]seasearider[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B][I][SIZE=5]"absurd" ? ? ?[/SIZE][/I][/B]

[B][I][SIZE=5]It doesn't matter whether you have 175 nights or 699 nights (Diamond Plus) you still get the same Balcony Discount as Pinnacle Members at 700 nights or 3000 nights. [/SIZE][/I][/B]

[B][I][SIZE=5][COLOR=red]Now does that make any sense ? ? ?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B][/quote]

Since it doesn't affect me, I'll say "Yes" It makes sense. Particularly from a business standpoint. They have made a new level that did not exist before, and decided that further balcony discounts are not included in it. And you have proven you will sail many times. As it is, you are already gettign hundreds of dollars off balcony/suites that the average cruiser is not getting. At some point they have to make money on these cruises, and feel you are already gaining enough at your previous "existing" D+ level.

New benefits, just not with these.

[quote name='cruiseguy1016']DW and I have "earned" Platinum by sailing 5 times. Our two kids have sailed only twice but have "attained" Platinum through our cruises. I just checked our status and here's what I found. First, although DW and I had spent only 29 nights on board during our 5 cruises, we now have 38 cruise points. Big bonus for us IMHO. Second, I checked the kids' accounts and they also have 38 points.[/quote]
How do you check on the kids accounts on the website?

[quote name='lordtimothy'][SIZE=4]My only concern is that Pinnacle Members do not get a better Balcony Discount. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Pinnacle Members get the same Balcony Discount as Diamond Plus; yet they have; at a minimum; approximately one and one half (1 and 1/2) more years at sea (525 nights).

A new tier should have been placed between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle; not between Platinum and Diamond. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][I]What's up with that ? ? ?[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Lucky for some Pinnacles they were grandfathered in on cruise credits rather than actual nights at sea sailed. Would love to know how many Pinnacles have ACTUALLY sailed more than 700 nights on RCI rather than the basic grandfathering calculations RCI have employed.

[quote name='PAFC']Lucky for some Pinnacles they were grandfathered in on cruise credits rather than actual nights at sea sailed. Would love to know how many Pinnacles have ACTUALLY sailed more than 700 nights on RCI rather than the basic grandfathering calculations RCI have employed.[/quote]

[SIZE=5][COLOR=black][B]Everyone I know to include myself that are Pinnacle have way over 700 nights at Sea.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5]That is not to say that someone with 100 (03) night Cruises and only 300 real nights at sea is not Pinnacle. [/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=5][COLOR=black][B]If they are out there; I say "good for them" ! ! ! More power to them. [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='wishtdream']That is exactly why I am unhappy.

I like things cut and dry. Before the switch I had 4 cruise credits and had sailed 32 nights and that is the way the system worked those were the rules so be it. Now they base the points system on nights sailed I have sailed 32 nights I should have 32 points period. If the transition worked that way I would have no complaints whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Just because you like things "cut and dry" doesn't mean that they will be. I think they have been very generous in awarding everyone their current status as well as maintaining the distance needed for the next tier. IMO, you still should have nothing to complain about. You were 1 cruise away from Platinum and you still are. But I guess the saying is true, some people are never happy.

So what does Pinnacle get besides a lapel pin and a different colored seapass card???

The free cruises at certain counts and dinners with the Captain were always there for the high counters anyway. I see nothing new or enhansed, other than the above.

I know some were campaigning for access to the Concierge Lounge sans D+ers but didn't get that, heh Herb.

Really, has anything changed with any of the level benefits except for the way they count to get to a level?

[quote name='wishtdream']That is exactly why I am unhappy.

I like things cut and dry. Before the switch I had 4 cruise credits and had sailed 32 nights and that is the way the system worked those were the rules so be it. Now they base the points system on nights sailed I have sailed 32 nights I should have 32 points period. If the transition worked that way I would have no complaints whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

It [B]IS [/B]cut and dry. You have 29 points. Period. Who cares what everyone else had? You do now know how many points you have and what's necessary to go forward.

If the system was as you wished it (and I wouldn't mind it either), I have 2 7-nighter's, a 10 and a 12. That would give me 36. But I don't have 36, I have 29. Just like you.

If I had what you are wanting, I would be getting on the ship in a week as a Platinum. But I will be getting on as Gold, off as Platinum. That's life.

[quote name='Tagsalong']So what does Pinnacle get besides a lapel pin and a different colored seapass card???

I know some were campaigning for access to the Concierge Lounge sans D+ers but didn't get that, heh Herb.

[SIZE=5][COLOR=black][B][I]Where have you seen that access to the CL has not been denied to D+ ? [/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived