Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

So what criteria are they using to convert the points? Didn't it used to be 1 cruise credit per cruise regardless of whether it was a 3 or 7 night cruise? I have only taken 2 cruises (7 nights each) and I show 15 points. So if someone had taken 2 cruises 3 days each, how many points do they have under the new rules? I am just curious as to how they are converting the 3 day cruise credits.
The cruise converter on the C & A site X amount of cruise points = Y amount of day credits.:confused: Everyone with the same amount of days got the same amount of points. If you go to your cruise history you will see the converter.

2 days = 15 points

I like the changes since the majority of our cruises are longer ones.

Do you know if they are still offerring more points for 12 day or longer cruises? I don't see reference to this anywhere on the website.

Do you know if they are still offerring more points for 12 day or longer cruises? I don't see reference to this anywhere on the website.

It doesn't appear so. The only reference to extra points is for booking a suite.

I am VERY happy, I had 9 completed cruises and now I have 76 completed days. Either way I will be Diamond on my next journey. Unless I went on a 3 day cruise. :p

Seems like the new perks are a plus as well as some of the new features on the new site.

Schwimm

Well done, Royal Carribbean. We are very pleased with the changes!

Somehow, we came out way ahead. We always cruise 7-9 nights, and always in a JS or above. So we are moving right along.

What I was really interested in, were they going to make any "Perk" changes for each level. Reserved seating, CL access, etc, etc.

I did not see anything. (or is that coming in Phase 2...?)

my Allure cruise for Dec 2011 is already added in to the total.

:)

Is this a typo? Did you perhaps mean Dec 2010? I ask not to point out an error (if it is one), but to see if I should be getting credits for cruises I have planned but not yet taken.

Well, I haven't read everything, but it looks about what we expected. The biggest :eek: so far is that it seems they took beer away as a free choice at the Diamond event. I don't drink beer, but I can see a lot of complaining about that one (beer and liquor is 25% off at the event).

They converted all my cruise credits to points, even the ones that I didn't take, so I can't complain. It will take me about the same amount of time to reach the next level whether or not they made the change to cruise days.

I'm glad they are keeping double credits for suites as we book suites about half the time.

Oh yeah, the lapel pin: I would not wear it. Nerdy.

Beer was not removed as a free choice at the Diamond event. It has never been a free choice since the Diamond Event started. Only wine, champagne, and soda are offered at the Diamond Event. Alcohol including beer has always been available at 25% discount. Before complaining about something being taken away, you might want to check your facts.

From the looks of it the most significant changes are in the number and types of amenities that will be provided to members when they board, not in the cruise values attached to each tier.

Actually, I was Diamond Plus before the change and Diamond Plus after the change. When I converted my cruise credits to cruise days, I was still Diamond Plus and when Royal did it for me, I was still Diamond Plus. As the benefits have not changed, except for the ability to combine a balcony discount with a onship booking discount, I really don't see much of any change. That is OK with me, however, I don't sail on RCL for the Crown and Anchor program. Just remarking that this is all an advertising gimmick on the part of RCL and won't make the concierge lounge any less crowded.

As long as Royal Caribbean continues to have double point value for the suites we normally sail in, I am satisfied. The price is typically double the price of an interior cabin so I look forward to receiving 2 for 1 points for the sailing. I hope this change will not make it harder to reserve suites in the future.

It looks like I have 3 extra points for some reason, but I'm not complaining. We are still Platinum and it looks like we will be on track to be Diamond at the same time before the C&A change. I wish there was more explination about the new Emerald level. What choices do we have for the welcome aboard amenity? What is the balcony discount? I know it is $100 for platinum and I believe $225 for diamond, but I can't seem to find the Emerald discount on the website anymore.

I just made D+ (haven't been able to use it yet) and all of the changes seem very positive. Only thing I saw ... are they getting rid of the "Diamond Breakfast" for just regular breakfast but you get free coffee if you have Diamond or higher on your card?

I was one cruise away from Diamond and I am still one cruise away from Diamond even by taking mostly 4-5 night cruises. I think RCL was most generous in their conversion of points to the new system. :D Thank you RCL! I'll be seeing ya again this year! :)

One point I haven't heard anyone else make: What does this new system do to the popularity of the 3-4 night cruises which ships such as Majesty and Monarch sail? Many people cruised on those ships specifically with the intent of quickly increasing their loyalty level. Not anymore.

I will still sail on the 3/4 nights on the Monarch our of PC. I can afford those cruises and they work with my work schedule where I only need to take 1 or 2 vacation days. If I want I can do a B2B to make a 7-day

Plus I enjoy sailing on the Monarch. It has that small ship feel.

As long as Royal Caribbean continues to have double point value for the suites we normally sail in, I am satisfied. The price is typically double the price of an interior cabin so I look forward to receiving 2 for 1 points for the sailing. I hope this change will not make it harder to reserve suites in the future.

It looks like I have 3 extra points for some reason, but I'm not complaining. We are still Platinum and it looks like we will be on track to be Diamond at the same time before the C&A change. I wish there was more explination about the new Emerald level. What choices do we have for the welcome aboard amenity? What is the balcony discount? I know it is $100 for platinum and I believe $225 for diamond, but I can't seem to find the Emerald discount on the website anymore.

I noticed it says "suites", and not "Junior Suites and above". Since they don't classify JS's as suites when it comes to CL access, I wonder if they are still classifying JS's for double points?

One point I haven't heard anyone else make: What does this new system do to the popularity of the 3-4 night cruises which ships such as Majesty and Monarch sail? Many people cruised on those ships specifically with the intent of quickly increasing their loyalty level. Not anymore.

As I noted in a previous post, many of our cruises have been 4-5 nighters. We were one cruise away from being Diamond prior to the change and we are 5 points away from being Diamond after the change. There hasn't really been a difference for us. I thought RCL was very generous. I'm satisfied!

I noticed it says "suites", and not "Junior Suites and above". Since they don't classify JS's as suites when it comes to CL access, I wonder if they are still classifying JS's for double points?

Fred, JS do qualify for double points.

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS). Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category

Archived