Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

How so....and what would you have added to make it less biased???

Let's see: 4 changes if you're in favour:

- Yes, I am satisfied.

- Yes, it is even better than I expected.

- Yes, the benefits are much better.

- Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!

And none if you're against - That's pretty imbalanced! :rolleyes:

You either have to call yourself "the biggest grump and nothing makes you happy" (well that doesn't apply), say you "will never get to the next level" - again pretty ridiculous (unless you are the biggest grump), or just that you're sick of the whole thing, which isn't even relevant and untrue if you're discussing it as well.

So yeah... very unbalanced.

And because the OP said you can pick multiple choice, that count will be even more unbalanced as people in favour can easily pick 4, where anyone against would struggle to pick one, or just pick none. It's an obvious case of cheerleading rather than a genuine poll trying to get whether people are for or against the changes.

And that's not to say that more people may prefer the changes than not here... but polls like this aren't helpful.

So which would you pick if you didn't like the changes? That you're the biggest grump here, or whinge that you'll never get to the next level when that's likely not true, or that you're tired of talking about it when that's also probably not true???

I wonder how they calculated the credits. I have a few less than what I would calculate from my old credits, my son has a few more (he has a lower number of credits than I do, but more points than I would calculate).

Yeah the poll is biased. I think she is saying, "y'all have nothing to complain about".

But the beer drinkers should form a coalition.

Doesn't seem bad to me. We just made Platinum in the summer of 2010 and I'm only 3 cruises away from "Emerald" (was converted from 5 credits to 38 points, need 55) given that we usually take 6-8 night trips.

Checking the immediate benefits, that means a "Welcome Gift/Amenity including choice of beverage" after only 3 more trips! All other benefits are the same from Platinum to Emerald. The possible exception is the balcony discount, as I can't seem to find what they will be under the new program.

Looking longer out, I would have been Diamond after 5 more cruises/credits, which will now take ~6 depending on length and whether I step up to a JS.

I think they definitely managed to balance their objective of recognizing loyalty without making it "too easy" to step up to higher levels with weekend cruising.

And because the OP said you can pick multiple choice, that count will be even more unbalanced as people in favour can easily pick 4, where anyone against would struggle to pick one, or just pick none. It's an obvious case of cheerleading rather than a genuine poll trying to get whether people are for or against the changes.

Regarding this, just did a quick check, and there have been 20 voters so far, yet there are already 21 votes for the 4 positive categories before! Is it any question what the outcome of the vote will be (even though not everyone can be satisfied)? Mugabe would be impressed!

The biggest :eek: so far is that it seems they took beer away as a free choice at the Diamond event. I don't drink beer, but I can see a lot of complaining about that one (beer and liquor is 25% off at the event).

They never had beer in the Diamond event since they changed from Concierge Lounge for Diamond members - only the 25% off. That was one of the big complaints when they did change, from people who don't drink wine ;)

From our point of view we're virtually at the same place we were (still at the lower end of Diamond) and the 3 cruises we've booked this year will take us to roughly the same place we would have been in the old system (approaching D+). The only difference is that, since we're fortunate enough to usually sail in a JS, we will then be able to make it to D+ quicker than we would have under the old system.

So we're happy :)

Well, I haven't read everything, but it looks about what we expected. The biggest :eek: so far is that it seems they took beer away as a free choice at the Diamond event. I don't drink beer, but I can see a lot of complaining about that one (beer and liquor is 25% off at the event).

They converted all my cruise credits to points, even the ones that I didn't take, so I can't complain. It will take me about the same amount of time to reach the next level whether or not they made the change to cruise days.

I'm glad they are keeping double credits for suites as we book suites about half the time.

Oh yeah, the lapel pin: I would not wear it. Nerdy.

When you say that they converted your credits to points, even the ones you didnt take, do you mean they converted cruises you currently have booked ?

I am just trying to figure this out. I have taken 2 cruises 7 days each. I have a 7 day booked later in the year (in a GS). It is showing I have 15 points. So is that counting my booked cruise?

When you say that they converted your credits to points, even the ones you didnt take, do you mean they converted cruises you currently have booked ?

I am just trying to figure this out. I have taken 2 cruises 7 days each. I have a 7 day booked later in the year (in a GS). It is showing I have 15 points. So is that counting my booked cruise?

No, originally they credited me a cruise I didn't take. I told them on 2 occasions, both times they said I keep it because they can't take it away. I thought it might be lost in the conversion, but it wasn't. I have future cruises booked: no, they are not counted.

They never had beer in the Diamond event since they changed from Concierge Lounge for Diamond members - only the 25% off. That was one of the big complaints when they did change, from people who don't drink wine ;)

ok I never noticed because I've never been to a Diamond event yet.

I can't seem to login to RCCL and I assume the servers are down. I just got off the cruise that *would* have made me diamond last week. If it doesn't, that's not the end of the world, as I wasn't overly impressed by the direction things had been going on the cruise line anyway :(

EDIT: Got in and I'm Emerald with only 4 pts needed for diamond, so it looks like I'm in the same place since my most recent cruise isn't credited.

What's interesting is that they converted longer cruises to double points even if you weren't in a suite. Under the new rules, you will only get double points if you travel in a suite, not because the cruise is longer. ...from what I understand...

Somehow they calculated a few more points than I had calculated. But we were Platinum and are still Platinum. Sadly, even after our next sailing in April, we'll still be Platinum. As Don Adams used to say, 'Missed it by THIS much'. :rolleyes:

Erika

(either way, I actually think this is an improvement. Looks like there are more 'thank yous' for loyalty the higher you go.)

Count me in the group who received more points than expected...

Under the old system, we were 1 cruise away from platinum... I now have 29 points as credit for my 4 cruises (2@4 nights;1@7 nights; 1@5 nights)... My math says that adds up to 20 points but I have 29 points... Maybe I just don't get how they are awarding points....

Either way, my next cruise with RC puts me in the next tier... So really nothing has changed for me...

I wonder how they calculated the credits. I have a few less than what I would calculate from my old credits, my son has a few more (he has a lower number of credits than I do, but more points than I would calculate).

Yeah the poll is biased. I think she is saying, "y'all have nothing to complain about".

But the beer drinkers should form a coalition.

Marci....it has always said that about beer and mixed drinks and they have for the most part always been available in the D lounges;)

our actual cruise days seem to have been miscalculated and we have gained 10 (I won't be demanding a recount;))

Mine too, but I found a page with some generic formula they used to calcluate your new days based on your previous cruise credits. I guess counting is beyond their web programmer's abilities. I completed my 5th cruise in Novemeber, but it was in a JS, so my credits were previously shown correctly as 6. I had seen this, along with my new status as Platinum reflected on the website. This morning I calculated I have 26 days at sea with a bonus of 4 for the JS on my Majesty 4 day giving me 30 points, which happens to be right at the minimum level for the new Platinum, so for me it appeared nothing had changed. I did find the webpage that told you to enter your previous credits and it would tell you your new status, I did and it reported 35 days, which is what the website shows me at. All that has changed for me is I'm 5 days closer to the Emerald level than I might have been. I currently had a 7 days on Allure booked, this would leave me a little closer, unless I get an upgrade to JS, I did go to the website and set my upgrade preference.

Mine too, but I found a page with some generic formula they used to calcluate your new days based on your previous cruise credits. I guess counting is beyond their web programmer's abilities. I completed my 5th cruise in Novemeber, but it was in a JS, so my credits were previously shown correctly as 6. I had seen this, along with my new status as Platinum reflected on the website. This morning I calculated I have 26 days at sea with a bonus of 4 for the JS on my Majesty 4 day giving me 30 points, which happens to be right at the minimum level for the new Platinum, so for me it appeared nothing had changed. I did find the webpage that told you to enter your previous credits and it would tell you your new status, I did and it reported 35 days, which is what the website shows me at. All that has changed for me is I'm 5 days closer to the Emerald level than I might have been. I currently had a 7 days on Allure booked, this would leave me a little closer, unless I get an upgrade to JS, I did go to the website and set my upgrade preference.
No longer double points for an UG, only for a paid cat.

I like the changes since the majority of our cruises are longer ones.

One point I haven't heard anyone else make: What does this new system do to the popularity of the 3-4 night cruises which ships such as Majesty and Monarch sail? Many people cruised on those ships specifically with the intent of quickly increasing their loyalty level. Not anymore.

I like the changes since the majority of our cruises are longer ones.

One point I haven't heard anyone else make: What does this new system do to the popularity of the 3-4 night cruises which ships such as Majesty and Monarch sail? Many people cruised on those ships specifically with the intent of quickly increasing their loyalty level. Not anymore.

Now they'll have to do it for the fun of it. :D Still remember not too long ago on a b2b we had on the Liberty that contained a 3 night cruise. Met Florida folks in the DL that said that the 3 day was cheaper than going out to dinner for them. Didn't blame them a bit either. We'd have done the same thing if we had the chance.

My only complaint so far is this: "A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter." Guess what, I have 29 Cruise credits = 216 cruise points. I was going to book the Allure so I could get the block on my 30th. cruise. Now I need 64 more days.:mad:

Archived