Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

Sorry to be a big NO, but just like the previous change when we got caught trying to get to Diamond we got "hit" again. We only needed 3 cruises to make Diamond Plus but now need 29 cruise days. We did not listen to the warnings and grab a quick December cruise for double credits or even jump on a quick 3 or 4 day in January when things were delayed so maybe some of the fault is our own. But is certainly makes us wonder why we stay so loyal to Royal when they continue to pull the rug out from under us as we reach cruise as often as we can to reach higher levels. We've only ever cruised a 4 day once so we are doing it the hard way!

I am going to have to review their caculations -- it appears they missed our suite points if Junior Suites count. Can anyone confirm that for me before I spend the time doing the new higher math?

If the only reason you cruise is to gain cruise credits, perhaps you are justified in looking at other lines. We cruise because we enjoy the cruise experience, especially the one that RCI offers. Cruise credits and C&A status and benefits are simply add ons to the overall experience.:) It appears from the reaction of most people that there is much less to complain about than was anticipated and perhaps they can make some adjustments to satisfy those who are still unhappy. It is important to realize that in converting cruise credits to the new system, they didn't assign points for previous cruises according to the new formula. Only cruises taken from now on, will earn a number of credits equal to the number of nights you cruise. Overall the conversion seems to have minimized the problems, though if you were negatively effected, you probably won't agree.

Just reading a couple of posts. It's making me wonder about their calculations. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine - we are still D+ with 216 credits and that's what I find strange.

At least 2 posters are saying they have 29 credits which gives them 216 points. So it would appear that it doesn't matter how many nights you actually cruised, if you have 29 credits you received 216 points. (Even if you had all 3 night cruises to get you to the 29 credits.)

I should get the crystal block on my cruise at the end of February but probably won't.

When I first tried to figure out my cruise days, I came up with 156. Like you, my cruise credits were 29 and I am now at 216. It's almost like the figure put us in the proper step plus some.....meaning, someone with 24 cruise credits is probably now at 175, whereas those of us with a few cruises already as D+ are now recognized in accordance. Clear as mud? Am I totally off?

Do you really think people take the 3 night cruises just to increase their loyalty level?

I absolutely think many people did. I've met them and they acknowledged that was their goal. Notice I said MANY, not ALL. Accumulating large cruise credit totals has become an obsession for some.

I just got off the phone with crown and anchor. The very polite young woman on the phone took the time to explain to me that it did not matter that we had cruised 32 nights we would only have 29 cruise points because the formula that they decided to use was # of cruises X 7 + a bonus point = cruise points and we have only taken four cruises.

More importantly she said they are keeping track of the response and may tweak the program based on member feedback. Soo if you are unhappy like I am Please call C&A at (800) 526-9723 and give them your member number and comments.

What do you think about the changes to the C&A points system?

I am glad the mystery is over. After all the uncertainty and rumors, we have a system that will stick for a while.

With more people re-cruising, they needed to make some adjustments. I was and still am diamond with 132 points.

Now what are we going to go ballistic about?:eek:

[quote name='jonbgd']Wasnt there someone yeaterday bragging how they just sold their stock because of impending announcement
Well they just lost a $115[/quote]

Wonder how much he/she lost if in fact sold their RCL position.

[quote name='Host Kewlguy'][COLOR="Black"]
I absolutely think many people did. I've met them and they acknowledged that was their goal. Notice I said MANY, not ALL. Accumulating large cruise credit totals has become an obsession for some.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Which is it:"Most" "Many" or "Some" ? Which word you use makes quite a difference, especially if you are positing that the number of people sailing on 3 and 4 night cruises will be dramatically reduced.

[quote name='wishtdream']I just got off the phone with crown and anchor. The very polite young woman on the phone took the time to explain to me that it did not matter that we had cruised 32 nights we would only have 29 cruise points because the formula that they decided to use was # of cruises X 7 + a bonus point = cruise points and we have only taken four cruises.

More importantly she said they are keeping track of the response and may tweak the program based on member feedback. Soo if you are unhappy like I am Please call C&A at (800) 526-9723 and give them your member number and comments.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what is it that you're unhappy about? Under the old system you were 1 cruise away from Platinum and you still are.

They did not convert the system based on the number of nights cruised, but by the number of credits. So 32 nights at sea does NOT equal 32 cruise points.

IMO, that appears to be the most fair way for all. Even those who achieved their status by multiple short cruises maintain their current status and the number of cruises needed to achieve the next tier.

[quote name='Benita']Did you ever ask them what their cruise points got them? There are no perks on the ships that do short cruises and if they do it because they want to have their name announced at a C&A meeting, that is great. Costs RCL nothing. As far as cruising just about every weekend - oh, if only I could. I did meet a couple who do the B2B on the Majesty regularly. When I asked why, they said because they are elderly and live in Miami and can go home and water their plants or go to a doctor's appointment on turnaround day. I salute them and certainly don't begrudge them the points that RCL has decided to give them. As a RCL shareholder, I call it good business.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"]You talk as though these cruisers only have access to Majesty. The ones I've met also go on Allure, Oasis, Liberty, Freedom, Radiance, etc, etc. No one is condemning cruisers who have access to so many different ships. I envy them. The one woman I met on Majesty had everything worked out so that she would get her 50th Crystal block on Oasis and her 60th on Allure. Between those cruises she was sailing numerous cruises on Majesty out of Miami and Radiance out of Tampa.[/COLOR]

Since I had 8 credits under the old system, I'm basically uneffected. Emerald doesn't seem much different from platinum. Still only two cruises to diamond, and I never figured I'd make any level higher than that anyway. If I had only 7 credits previously, I'd probably be a little miffed.

I am curious, however, if Emerald gets a higher balcony discount and if that could be applied to the cruise I currently have booked. I'll wait until things calm down a bit before I call and ask.

[quote name='Lynnees']Just reading a couple of posts. It's making me wonder about their calculations. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine - we are still D+ with 216 credits and that's what I find strange.

At least 2 posters are saying they have 29 credits which gives them 216 points. So it would appear that it doesn't matter how many nights you actually cruised, if you have 29 credits you received 216 points. (Even if you had all 3 night cruises to get you to the 29 credits.)

I should get the crystal block on my cruise at the end of February but probably won't.[/quote]

Add me to that list. Had 29 credits, now 216. That crystal ship is like a carrot on a stick..... we always seem to have just a few too many credits everytime the rules change to get one we otherwise would have already qualified for and we have to wait again. I keep telling myself, it would be just something else to dust to make myself feel better.

[quote name='negc']Which is it:"Most" "Many" or "Some" ? Which word you use makes quite a difference, especially if you are positing that the number of people sailing on 3 and 4 night cruises will be dramatically reduced.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"]If you read my post I said MANY.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=4]My only concern is that Pinnacle Members do not get a better Balcony Discount. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Pinnacle Members get the same Balcony Discount as Diamond Plus; yet they have; at a minimum; approximately one and one half (1 and 1/2) more years at sea (525 nights).

A new tier should have been placed between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle; not between Platinum and Diamond. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][I]What's up with that ? ? ?[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='lordtimothy'][SIZE=4]My only concern is that Pinnacle Members do not get a better Balcony Discount. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Pinnacle Members get the same Balcony Discount as Diamond Plus; yet they have; at a minimum; approximately one and one half (1 and 1/2) more years at sea (525 nights).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]A new tier should have been placed between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle; not between Platinum and Diamond. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][I]What's up with that ? ? ?[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

Maybe they'll come up with a Super Pinnacle for you. :D

[quote name='masterbaker']Add me to that list. Had 29 credits, now 216. That crystal ship is like a carrot on a stick..... we always seem to have just a few too many credits everytime the rules change to get one we otherwise would have already qualified for and we have to wait again. I keep telling myself, it would be just something else to dust to make myself feel better.[/quote]

Has anybody ever had one of these crystal blocks valued?

I mean are they actually worth anything other than the sentimental value of having qualified for them?

[quote name='lordtimothy']
[SIZE=4]A new tier should have been placed between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle; not between Platinum and Diamond. [/SIZE]

[/quote]
I agree..... I dont understand the emerald level at all

[quote name='lordtimothy'][SIZE=4]My only concern is that Pinnacle Members do not get a better Balcony Discount. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Pinnacle Members get the same Balcony Discount as Diamond Plus; yet they have; at a minimum; approximately one and one half (1 and 1/2) more years at sea (525 nights).

A new tier should have been placed between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle; not between Platinum and Diamond. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][I]What's up with that ? ? ?[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"]I agree with you. They should definitely have a tier between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red][B][I]What's up with that ? ? ?[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

You're assuming all D+ only have 175 cruise points, which of course is absurd.

Archived