Solstice Hallway Question - Please Help!

MiaS13

Hi, this is my first cruise and first post on cruise critic, sorry if I should've posted this elsewhere!

We are 4 adults... I thought I was booking nearby cabins when I picked 2 staterooms "across the hall" from each other (ie, one on port, one on starboard side) in the aft section of the Continental Deck. Someone who's cruised with other lines before told me that more than likely, we will be on different hallways and not able to exit our room and immediately knock on the other door... we'd have to back track to the elevators and take the different hallway to get to the other side.

The deck plans don't show anything between the two cabins. Anyone know? If my source is right and they are not in visible distance from each other, I will have to choose a different cabin! Have spent a lot of time on here researching the two I picked and would rather not have to do that.

Thank you!!!

Hi, this is my first cruise and first post on cruise critic, sorry if I should've posted this elsewhere!

We are 4 adults... I thought I was booking nearby cabins when I picked 2 staterooms "across the hall" from each other (ie, one on port, one on starboard side) in the aft section of the Continental Deck. Someone who's cruised with other lines before told me that more than likely, we will be on different hallways and not able to exit our room and immediately knock on the other door... we'd have to back track to the elevators and take the different hallway to get to the other side.

The deck plans don't show anything between the two cabins. Anyone know? If my source is right and they are not in visible distance from each other, I will have to choose a different cabin! Have spent a lot of time on here researching the two I picked and would rather not have to do that.

Thank you!!!

Really can't answer the question unless we know the cabin numbers and the ship...

Yeah, you need to post the stateroom numbers to receive a definitive answer, but the person you spoke to was probably right. There is a middle section of the ship, so in most areas a port stateroom and opposite starboard stateroom will have something in between them. If you want to be next to your travelling companions it would likely be better to book staterooms near each other on the same deck and same side of the ship. They even have connecting staterooms where you share one main door to enter both of your individual staterooms.

I looked at the floor plans for the Solstice and I can see where you might be confused. there are sections where there are no inside cabins shown and it would look like you could walk across but unless you are near the elevators, you won't be able to do that. There will be 2 hallways with something in the middle (i.e. inside cabins, storage, etc...) Surprising that your TA didn't mention that. It would help if you could give us the specific cabin numbers. If you book side by side cabins, you can often open up the balcony divider and have one larger balcony--that would also enable you to go between rooms without accessing the hallway.

Thanks everyone. Right now we are in 6259 and 6254 ... on the Solstice. It doesn't look like they'd even be able to fit anything else in that space between the startboard and port side rooms, so it's a shame if it's closed off... I guess I should start looking at what else is available on that floor....:(

Thanks everyone. Right now we are in 6259 and 6254 ... on the Solstice. It doesn't look like they'd even be able to fit anything else in that space between the startboard and port side rooms, so it's a shame if it's closed off... I guess I should start looking at what else is available on that floor....:(

What you really want are two cabins that have a little hash mark between them if you can get them. 6273/6275, 6277/6279 or 6272/6274, 6276/6278. They will share an entry and you can open up the balconies half way. You will be happier. If you are traveling with someone you want to be near, but not share space with, then you can just try to get them both on the same side of the ship in proximity. The space between the port & starboard is used for the steward supplies and other things like that. There aren't cabins, but the space is still closed off to passengers. It is also bigger than it seems on the illustration.

Enjoy!

I'm going to start by Thanking Sandi for that amazing spreadsheet... I am a total geek and REALLY appreciated it!

Thank everyone for your input. You all were right, and because of your help -

I called the TA to nicely complain that I wanted the cabins to be close togther... and since there were no good options on the deck we were in, we got upgraded up one deck and category to two cabins next to each other!

Am really looking forward to my big 2-cabin balcony ;-)

Thank you very much everyone!

Archived