5 in a balcony stateroom on Oasis?

IttaBit

Was told that a balcony stateroom would accommodate our family of 5, 2 adults and 3 children ages 1,6, and 12. I'm concerned it would really tight and make us miserable. We can go up to a Family Stateroom, but that's another $3K or do two cabins, for an additional $1K. I'm leaning towards two side by side balconies because I'm afraid we'll be cramped. Thoughts?

Was told that a balcony stateroom would accommodate our family of 5, 2 adults and 3 children ages 1,6, and 12. I'm concerned it would really tight and make us miserable. We can go up to a Family Stateroom, but that's another $3K or do two cabins, for an additional $1K. I'm leaning towards two side by side balconies because I'm afraid we'll be cramped. Thoughts?

There is no "balcony stateroom" that will accommodate 5.

It barely holds 2; three is a stretch; 4 will be a claustrophic experience..........if they are suggesting that they will put a pack 'n' play in there for you, they are bloody insane!

There is no "balcony stateroom" that will accommodate 5.

It barely holds 2; three is a stretch; 4 will be a claustrophic experience..........if they are suggesting that they will put a pack 'n' play in there for you, they are bloody insane!

That is not correct Merion_Mom:)....Oasis has standard balcony staterooms that hold 5...I couldn't even imagine 5 in a standard cabin but people do it. If you can I would HIGHLY recommend getting the 2 cabins....the family cabins aren't worth the cost.

I was also told that the B1 Cabin that my kids will be in on the Oasis does, in fact, accommodate 5. There will only be three in the cabin but I have confirmed that with two different people.

In answer to the question, go for two cabins. You will not regret it!

That is not correct Merion_Mom:)....Oasis has standard balcony staterooms that hold 5...I couldn't even imagine 5 in a standard cabin but people do it. If you can I would HIGHLY recommend getting the 2 cabins....the family cabins aren't worth the cost.

A cabin with both pullman and sofabed?

I shudder at the thought!

Sardines have it better than that!

I think 2 cabins it is...we took our oldest on the Mariner and we were cozy then. I'm not sure adding two more would make for a happy vacation. Heh! I wonder if the Oasis class have balcony rooms that connect to an oceanview only room. I'd rather my kids not be tempted. :rolleyes:

I think 2 cabins it is...we took our oldest on the Mariner and we were cozy then. I'm not sure adding two more would make for a happy vacation. Heh! I wonder if the Oasis class have balcony rooms that connect to an oceanview only room. I'd rather my kids not be tempted. :rolleyes:

Next door but not connecting.

ONCE shared an IS cabin with our two daughters on a four day cruise. They were 14 year old twins at the time, never again:-) We managed ok but never did it again. Usually we had an OV or Balcony with them accross the hall in an IS.

you can't book more than 4 in that room.... it may have a pullman and pull out sofa but they won't let you book for 5 occupants

CC

Are you certain? I never even realized the Oasis Class had stateroms for 5 until an Oasis Rep told me they were available. They even directed me to the black diamond on the deck plans. I wasn't booking for my family (just for hubby and me), but they did imply that we could bring our kids along with us. No thank you, not this time. ;)

Here's a balcony on the sister ship Allure of the Seas that sleeps 5!

2 beds, 2 on the sofa and 1 on a pullman from the ceiling. You can see it is tight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S62Cw2US1BE

You may want to consider adjacent rooms and have the cabin attendant remove balcony divider.

Thank you, thank you for posting that youtube! We always book two D1s for our family of 5. Two bathrooms is a must. My extended family has booked the family oceanview stateroom (FO) on the Allure in December. It is larger square footage-wise, sleeps 5 with more ease, but RCI still had to make two reservations because their system could not accomodate 5.

I was in a B1 Boardwalk last year on the Oasis. It was me and my 2 boys (13 & 6). The cabins are a nice size for 3 people but anymore than that and you are starting to get seriously cramped. With 5, you're better off getting 2 connecting cabins. If it was a short cruise, it might not bother you, but being on a 7 night cruise, you may want to consider adding a cabin. Just my thoughts.

you can't book more than 4 in that room.... it may have a pullman and pull out sofa but they won't let you book for 5 occupants

CC

Yesterday the RCI reservations rep told me we could do 5 in a cat D4. They would let me book that if I wanted. My DH doesn't want the second cabin because he doesn't like that they have an outside door. I don't think it's an issue but he wants the bigger Family stateroom. We'll see who wins... :rolleyes:

Archived