How does shipboard credit work?

ripaula

A credit will be on your portfolio in the amount your TA has provided and then will be applied towards your onboard charges. I would get something in writing from them so to be assured it is in fact on your booking and you have something to bring with you in the event there is a problem when you board.

All new to me...Will I have to show documentation of my TA's shipboard credit, or will it be deducted from my bill automatically?

Any OBC that you will be getting will show up as a credit on your account when you board. Your charges will then be deducted from said amount until you're in the plus column.

I can't say this is 100% true but we usually get cards left in our stateroom on embarkation day when it is a gift or credit from someone, even our TA....should automatically be a credit to your account.

Best to check your portfolio on baord. Several of the ships now have kiosks by the Passenger Services Desk which makes it easy to see your account daily if you wish.

There will be a monitor set up on the side at the Passenger Services Desk with a slot where you slide your card. A printer next to the monitor will print out your onboard account. Very quick and easy.

Your onboard account is a simple credit/debit system. If you have TA or other credits, you start with a credit on your account. Everything you charge to your card is subtracted from that total credit until it's used up. You pay the balance due at the end of the cruise.

Hi everyone, first-time cruiser here.

We are a family of four, and as I understand we each have $25 OBC. Now, do we have separate accounts, or does the room have a single account that each card accesses? Just so I know in case I have to juggle cards. Also, I asssume OBC can be used against coffee cards and soda packages?

Cheers

Martin.

Martin are you using the same credit card for all 4 passengers? If so, that OBC total of $100 will come off the consolidated Portfolio under the name of the primary holder of the credit card. If all are using different credit cards then the $25 will get credited to each passenger.

And yes, the OBC can be used for coffee cards and soda packages.

Martin are you using the same credit card for all 4 passengers? If so, that OBC total of $100 will come off the consolidated Portfolio under the name of the primary holder of the credit card. If all are using different credit cards then the $25 will get credited to each passenger.

And yes, the OBC can be used for coffee cards and soda packages.

Thanks, that's good news....I think. My wife booked the holiday using her CC which has a significantly lower credit allowance than my own...time to call the CC company I think!. :rolleyes:

Martin

There will be a monitor set up on the side at the Passenger Services Desk with a slot where you slide your card. A printer next to the monitor will print out your onboard account. Very quick and easy.

Just so you know, this doesn't apply to all ships. We had to wait in line for our onboard account printouts on the Island last month. If Princess is adding these, that's good news.

Just so you know, this doesn't apply to all ships. We had to wait in line for our onboard account printouts on the Island last month. If Princess is adding these, that's good news.

I'm with you about all ships having it. It was quite handy to have while on the Sapphire for nine weeks. Every few days I got my printout without having to speak to anyone.

Thanks, that's good news....I think. My wife booked the holiday using her CC which has a significantly lower credit allowance than my own...time to call the CC company I think!. :rolleyes:

Martin

Martin, we're not talking about the credit card the trip was booked with. It'll be the one you enter on your cruise personalizer (the ionline forms you fill out prior to printing your boarding passes). This could be the same one that you booked the cruise with or a different one....your choice.

Martin

The only credit card that matters is the one you present when you check in at the pier.

We always check our credits on day 1 or 2 of the cruise, and we have found we were missing a credit only once. It was a relatively simple matter to investigate, the pursers desk took the details, and then called us back the next day to say it had been fixed. While I had the confirmation from my TA, it was not requested or required. I suppose if they came up empty, having the confirmation as back up would have helped.

Archived