Did You Miss a Port?

MagnoliaFly

Have you ever had a port cancelled completely after sailing began?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had a port cancelled completely after sailing began?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but it was replaced with a different port

The poll system isn't set up to really do a scientific poll so this was more informal. :)

Oh I know, I was just replying to the other poster. Missing a port is always a possibility, but more often than not you'll make it to where your supposed to go. We have two Tricolor Pembrokes by the way :)

On the cruise from hell when the Destiny broke last Jan. Missed both ports we were supposed to stop at (grand cayman and ocho rios) and instead got to go to nassau...on a Bahamian Nat'l Holiday...yeah, everything closed at 5pm....we got off the ship around noon....

We missed Key West on our Dec 2010 cruise on the Fascination - it was one of the major (if not the major) reasons for booking that particular cruise. We were supposed to meet a friend who lives there now.

After the announcement we would be skipping Key West I called our friend from the ship's phone. He replied that we didn't need to call - he knew we were not coming. He was down near the dock where we would be and he said waves were coming down four to six feet over the dock where were would have to walk to shore.

We ended up with another sea day.

This is the only port we have missed (knock on wood) and it wasn't even a tender port!

Hurricane Gustav changed a 5 day cruise with 2 ports to a 3 day cruise to nowhere out of Galveston on the Ecstasy....

we still had a blast!!!

(and no customs to mess with when we got off the ship because we had not gone to any foreign ports!!)

I had to answer that "Yes, we've had a port cancelled" in fact we had 3 ports on the same sailing cancelled.

We've been on 8 cruises total and the ONLY time we have ever had a port cancelled was because of the swine flu cruise. The other 7 sailings listed in my signature made it to all of the ports including the sailings that had 4 port stops :)

Archived