What drinks are complimentary on Royal Caribbean?

We got lemonade for free in the Windjammer on Splendour in October.

We actually bought the Royal Replenish package as we like our lattes and cappuccinos and it was nice to have the fresh OJ at breakfast. A couple of non-alcoholic cocktails during the day, plus some bottled water for the cabin at night meant we got our money's worth.

Thanks for the reply. Is the standard coffee any good? My wife doesn't drink coffee at all, and I usually drink a cup or two in the morning and sometimes one after dinner, but it is just coffee, not specialty.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder if lemonade is still available for free on RC ships, anywhere at any time. Anyone know?

Yes, lemonade is available in the Windjammer buffet when it is open. Some people have asked for and received it at dinner in the dining room, but it is not offered, just so you know. It's iced tea in the DR.

Is the standard coffee any good?

The coffee is not good, in my opinion. You have other options, though - but they are for fee. Try the coffee in several different venues (eating venues only - a lounge or bar will charge you for a cup of coffee), see if you like it, and go from there.

We have been on several royal cruises only have found the ice tea and lemonade in the Windjammer. In the evenings I will find where they have free coffee and tea and make a glass of hot tea and add some ice from our ice bucket and I'm good for the evening!

• 5 months later...

Myself and hubby are thinking of purchasing the ultimate drinks package but wondering what my two children can drink without having to pay for a drinks package for them. They will drink milk. Can they get this at any time? Can they get diluted juices on board at any time also?

Myself and hubby are thinking of purchasing the ultimate drinks package but wondering what my two children can drink without having to pay for a drinks package for them. They will drink milk. Can they get this at any time? Can they get diluted juices on board at any time also?

Milk and juices are complimentary, but usually only available at restaurants, and juices only in the morning.

Milk and juices are complimentary, but usually only available at restaurants, and juices only in the morning.

Thanks, so if they were thirsty during the day (not at meal times) would they go to somewhere like the Windjammer for a juice or milk? They could only get water at the bar? I take it I could take my own 'soft' drinks on board for them?

Edited by alibabaxx

Thanks, so if they were thirsty during the day (not at meal times) would they go to somewhere like the Windjammer for a juice or milk? They could only get water at the bar? I take it I could take my own 'soft' drinks on board for them?

Yes, they could go to any open food venue, including Windjammer. Tap water is available at any bar.

Bringing on any beverages, except for the two bottles of wine, is technically prohibited. At US ports, this rule is generally not enforced for soft drinks, except during spring break time. I don't know how it is at non-US ports.

Yes, they could go to any open food venue, including Windjammer. Tap water is available at any bar.

Bringing on any beverages, except for the two bottles of wine, is technically prohibited. At US ports, this rule is generally not enforced for soft drinks, except during spring break time. I don't know how it is at non-US ports.

Thanks, we will be boarding at Miami. My kids don't really like US flavoured juices (like grape or cranberry :) ) or carbonated drinks so don't think a drinks package would be any good for them.

We did not buy any drinks all week. Except for 2 "drinks" for me and DW. We had water, lemonade and the flavored water. Would get it a windjammer or MDR, we don't give our DD Sugary drinks so this was all a treat for her. At Sabor the waiter did a ad hoc lemonade for my DD which was 3 then. Point, at the speciality restaurants like chops they didn't have a regular brewing coffee machine, so I got really a specialty coffee for free

Edited by Duke Mazer

• 2 months later...

• Tap water
  • Tea - Iced & Hot
  • Coffee - Regular & Decaf ( Specialty Coffees and or Starbucks are not free )
  • Lemonade
  • Milk - White & Chocolate
  • Hot Chocolate - Instant packets of Nestles
  • Juice from concentrate only at breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ is $3.95 with no free refills
  • Flavor waters. Typically found in the Windjammer. Other locations and as well as flavors vary from ship to ship

Hi all,

Is this above list of complimentary drinks still accurate for royal caribbean?

If regular coffee and tea, and regular juice are free then there's no point for the Royal Replenish package right?

• Tap water
  • Tea - Iced & Hot
  • Lemonade
  • Juice from concentrate only at breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ is $3.95 with no free refills
  • Flavor waters. Typically found in the Windjammer. Other locations and as well as flavors vary from ship to ship

Hi all,

Is this above list of complimentary drinks still accurate for royal caribbean?

If regular coffee and tea, and regular juice are free then there's no point for the Royal Replenish package right?

Yes, the list is still accurate. It's up to you if you want the additional beverages that come with the Royal Replenish package.

Edited by clarea

• Tap water
  • Tea - Iced & Hot
  • Lemonade
  • Juice from concentrate only at breakfast.

Really good to see this list all together.

Thanks, we will be boarding at Miami. My kids don't really like US flavoured juices (like grape or cranberry :) ) or carbonated drinks so don't think a drinks package would be any good for them.

I would have though they should be happy with bread and water while they are down stoking the boilers and pumping the bilges. ;)

Really good to see this list all together.

I would have though they should be happy with bread and water while they are down stoking the boilers and pumping the bilges. ;)

I know bless em. 😇

They were treated to the odd glass of flat lemonade (or whatever it is the Americans call it lol) . 😀

How are the drink packages tracked? I'm assuming you cannot split a package between two people and then share it. Sorry, I've never been on a cruise before so I do not know how it works.

you are not supposed to.... wink*......

A friend was telling me that she was on a cruise last year. It was RCI but not sure of the ship.

She became friendly with a Greek couple on their honeymoon. They were supposed to go to Russia but were denied entry due to the aftermath of the MH17 attack. They lost money but just managed to book that cruise. They had zero budget for any extras, so she was getting them drinks on her package. Was not questioned once. She also said another passenger would wait until there were half price drinks at Happy Hour and he would buy five but hold them in credit. She also said that at some meals there was a herd immunity thing going. Most at the table had drinks packages, but a couple didn't. She said that they would just fill all the glasses at the table as it was easier. Now I am sure that this would not be the case all the time.

How are the drink packages tracked? I'm assuming you cannot split a package between two people and then share it. Sorry, I've never been on a cruise before so I do not know how it works.

Your sea pass card has the package attached to it (they emboss or place a sticker on the card). When you get the drink they swipe your card and it will come up with a zero cost

As has been mentioned you are not allowed to share. You need to take a valid card for each drink you're getting (eg I can take my own and my hubby's card up to the bar and get 2 drinks). You cannot get more than one drink at a time per card and if they catch you giving drinks to others they can cancel your package with no refund.