HAL's Super Service

Gramagee

Read this on another site I often visit......;)

Remember the annivesary party I went to Saturday? Well, this couple had had their picture taken as their 50th anniversary photo and the dh left it in the stateroom, of the ship. My friend was so upset. I asked the travel agency to contact Holland America for me and I got the original photo today! She is just going to be blown away! We were sure the steward had thrown it away when cleaning the stateroom but it went to Lost and Found.

Great Job HAL

From personal experience I can testify as to HAL's helpfulness in getting things back to you. Only happened once and I am a careful packer.

They are incredible. It was returned to me and they paid the shipping.

No real value as in this - it was sentimental - yup - it's the little things that make a difference (at least for me):):) I am so happy that the same thing happened to you :D

Two cruises ago our Steward found my diamond earring and returned to it me. I didn't even miss it. He said it was on the floor. We had this same steward and his partner for two cruises. I miss them, they were the greatest. I agree HAL is the best.:)

I loved the OP story and happy ending.

:):):) Just received a phone call from a lovely lady in Seattle by the name of Shelby...Someone found a pair of my glasses on the Veendam, which we were on last Aug..

Apparently they are cleaning out their lost & found closet..

Believe it's the second pair which I usually take, as still have both pairs of the ones I use daily...We always take an extra pair of Sunglasses & Reading glasses on Cruises, in the event we break or lose them..We put our names on the ear piece, if it fits, or on the Eyeglass case...

This is the second time we've received a call from HAL..The first time it was Security on one of the ships several years ago..I had lost my good sun glasses in a Cab & never missed them..The Cab driver came back to the ship & returned them..

If anyone is missing anything, you might want to give Lost & Found a call..

Thank you Shelby & Holland American..:D:D

Cheers....:)Betty

What a great story. Where was Shelby when I needed her (lol). Last cruise on the Westdam I forgot to check that drawer below the bed when packing up the night before departure. Easy to do since the bedspread covers it up. Contacted Seattle Lost & Found as soon as I returned home. They said they would make every effort to find and return the clothing ... 2 pair capris, 2 swim suits and a cover up. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to get them back. But alas ... I did not. It is nice to know that they do make a valiant effort to return forgotten items though.

What a great story. Where was Shelby when I needed her (lol). Last cruise on the Westdam I forgot to check that drawer below the bed when packing up the night before departure. Easy to do since the bedspread covers it up. Contacted Seattle Lost & Found as soon as I returned home. They said they would make every effort to find and return the clothing ... 2 pair capris, 2 swim suits and a cover up. Not a big deal, but would have been nice to get them back. But alas ... I did not. It is nice to know that they do make a valiant effort to return forgotten items though.

Perhaps you will get a call too, or maybe HAL donated the clothing to the Woman's shelter in the Fort Lauderdale area..I know they used to donate all the unused little Elemis soaps, shampoo etc..

Why not try calling them again, perhaps it's in that closet..

Cheers....:)Betty

Archived