Question from Dumb Canuck in Snow Belt

Wilbo

This is the first cruise without booking shore excursions. we have decided to enjoy the beaches for a change after a cold snowed in winter.

I can't remember if H.A. supplies/permits guests to take H.A. towels to the beach.

Any info appreciated.

HAL has beach towels on a table on a table by the gangway -- take as many as you need -- just be certain that you bring them back to the ship.

Some people will tell you that you have to sign them out -- we have never had to.

You can also pick up extra towels by the pool -- but it really isn't necessary since they are at the gangway.

Very snowy today in the Hamilton/ Dundas area of Ontario too...greatly looking forward to boarding a plane to FLL two weeks from tomorrow to board Westerdam and head due south!

We too plan to just hit the beaches, relax and get warm!

It's nice to see such a nice group of Canadians concentrated on one thread and greetings to you all! And especially Peterborough, my Bride's Birthplace!

I am embarrassed though as, the Snowmageddon that the Media hyped us into thinking was to hit the GTA last night and today was nothing more than a good dump. No big deal!

They had everyone so upset and worried that the Toronto District School Board cancelled classes.

What's happened to us?

All I know (and care about now, really) is that we'll be in MUCH warmer climes and shoving off on the Westerdam March 4th - our first HAL adventure. And not having to worry about how many towels that I'm allowed to take for those nice beach and snorkel excursions!

There's another thread that invites people to suggest their favourite Caribbean beaches and I am really surprised to hear that many have nominated Half Moon Cay. Another great bonus for our cruise!

...and it was snow day in Mississauga as well, with not much snow :mad: We're thinking about trying HAL one day, so that's why I'm browsing these threads (had lots of time today). This was the most Canucks I've seen on any thread :)

One more here to say Hi:)....just north of Toronto... scores of patients found their way to my work today...apparently it takes more snow than this to keep a good Canadian at home.:D

Today was the first day this winter that my husband had to SHOVEL rather than PUSH. The worst of the snow came from the stuff the snowplow dumped.

About the towels...........please don't take "as many as you want". One trip we were taking a ship excursion to the Baths from Tortola...........and the people debarking before us had taken all the towels! :eek: They were waiting for more to come out of the dryers. To wait would have made us miss our tour...........so we ended up having to use our coverups to sit on and to dry off. That's the only time it happened, but it eroded my confidence a little..........we're driving this time, and I'm thinking of taking our own towels.

This is the first cruise without booking shore excursions. we have decided to enjoy the beaches for a change after a cold snowed in winter.

I can't remember if H.A. supplies/permits guests to take H.A. towels to the beach.

Any info appreciated.

You don't appear to be very dumb, as you are getting out of the snow and ice. Sounds pretty smart to me. Now, if I hear that you are planning to go back, I will reserve my judgment. :D

Just one more saying hello..I was on pins and needles wondering if I'd get out on Friday they way they were talking..we did get snow but we can handle that much..Feel bad for the folks in the US who really got dumped on. So I leave Friday for the sunny Caribbean on the Nieuw Amsterdam..

Wefewee

Being a high school teacher I am not complaining about the day off....that being said, I am originally from Northern Ontario, and this is like a light dusting in comparison.

Totally agree about the snow. I grew up in Timmins,and I always remember Thanksgiving week-end we already had snow banks at the side of the roads.

Now my daughter who lives in the west end of the city send a picture of her van totally covered with snow,here just north of Toronto, we got snow but certainly not as much as them. As long as all the runways are cleared I will be happy tomorrow morning as we fly to Ft. Lauderdale, and board the Nieuw Amsterdam on Sunday.

ok, I can't resist - just love all these Canadian cruisers on one board.:D:D

We just finished with our groundhog gale here in Atlantic Canda.

Pray to heaven that the groundhogs are right (they are unanimous) and we get an early spring. We have another storm scheduled for the weekend and another potential major one for next week. (if it comes it will make 7 in 7 weeks). the 10 centimetre things are nothing, but the serious dumps can wear on you over time.

Stay safe and warm and I envy the op for cruising now - the longer, the better :):):)

ok, I can't resist - just love all these Canadian cruisers on one board.:D:D

We just finished with our groundhog gale here in Atlantic Canda.

Pray to heaven that the groundhogs are right (they are unanimous) and we get an early spring. We have another storm scheduled for the weekend and another potential major one for next week. (if it comes it will make 7 in 7 weeks). the 10 centimetre things are nothing, but the serious dumps can wear on you over time.

Stay safe and warm and I envy the op for cruising now - the longer, the better :):):)

I can't believe that you are getting so much snow, and terrible weather. My husband had been transferred to Halifax in the late 80"s. In the 4 years we wre there, it only snowed once, and lasted not even 1 day.

Barbara

I can't believe that you are getting so much snow, and terrible weather. My husband had been transferred to Halifax in the late 80"s. In the 4 years we wre there, it only snowed once, and lasted not even 1 day.

Barbara

I know, Halifax is usually lucky - but I don't think so this year ;)

i can't remember the last time we had this much snow. It's not the storms, it's the amount of snow each time. My snow plow man is earning his money this year :eek:

Archived