How "dressy" are Ventura cruises??

Britiscruizin

Would it not be sensible for PandO to designate 'a ship', such as Ventura to be the 'Butlin at Sea' and no ties or smart attire is required and torn tee/football shirts and cut off jeans is deemed satisfactory for 24/7? /quote]

Roll on the day! Perhaps they could have it as a reverse Saga ship only allowing UNDER 50's on board :confused:

Ah we can only dare to dream :o

Please, please, do not exclude old timers like me (I'm 63) from your ship. Just make it casual every night - those who wish to wear jackets and ties may do so, we wont complain as long as they dont look down their noses at us for not doing so.

We liked the ship & would have gone again, they did some really good itineries, like Greek islands & different Caribbean. I wonder why they stopped them.

Hmmm Carnival UK spend millions in 2007 refitting ov2. April 2008 Ventura is launched. Advanced sales are down for V and ov have old inefficient fuel guzzling ships and some 6mnths after Ventura is launched with Azura being built they axed the line!

But that's old news.

Please, please, do not exclude old timers like me (I'm 63) from your ship. Just make it casual every night - those who wish to wear jackets and ties may do so, we wont complain as long as they dont look down their noses at us for not doing so.

Sorry!:)

What I should have said is a ship aimed at the casual, family orientated cruiser with informal dining and casual attire, targetted predominantly at the 35 -55 age range

Basically a ship for "People who don't do cruises" ;)

Where have I heard that before :confused: :D

So if you on Club Dining you can't go to the Beach House? Is this right? I'm now as confused as u2cruiser!

No - on Club Dining you are free to eat at any of the alternative restaurants such as Beach House or the ones with supplements (please let your table companions or waiters know you won't be turning up though ;)) but cannot choose Freedom Dining one night and Club Dining the next. There are separate Restaurants for Club and Freedom. Still clear as mud ? :)

All this confusion

Who is to blame on some people not understanding just what is what?

It is either the brochures not explaining it, or people not reading right.

Would it not be sensible for PandO to designate 'a ship', such as Ventura to be the 'Butlin at Sea' and no ties or smart attire is required and torn tee/football shirts and cut off jeans is deemed satisfactory for 24/7?

and the rest of the PandO fleet respectable with Formal, Semi Formal and very Smart Casual for those who appreciate this kind of dress code?

The cruising market has changed. At the wrong time too. When it was on the rapid rise, they built more 'blocks of flats', there is now a cut back in people's spending power. Look at all the bargains being pushed out. Leave it to the last minute 'and they will pay you to cruise to put bums in berths' and THAT is the problem, they have 'lowered the standards' to get the too few bums in far too many berths :rolleyes:

Here we go again.Anyone not wearing a cheap and nasty penguin suit is deemed not to be smart. Having just returned from Ventura and dressed smart casual every evening, I did not see one torn shirt or cut offs on any evening.

Such dress, I can assure you was very rare on the OV ships.

Certainly the daytime casual wear on OV ships was much smarter than that on OV.

By definition all cruises are "Butlins at sea"!!!!

And what the H...l does dress code have to do with standards.I have a wardrobe full of "designer " clothes but had I taken most of them on the cruise I would have felt massively overdressed alongside the Matalan Penguin Brigade!!!!

I wiil always look for the best deal and if that means booking in November to cruise in December at £900 per person per week, long may it continue.

We loved OV2 - and agree most wore smart casuals and looked great

We loved Oceana - and agree most wore smart casuals and formal wear when appropriate and looked great.

In the alternative buffet restaurant people wore casuals and looked great.

It taught us a lesson when a family we saw one evening on the Oceana were VERY casually dressed eating around the pool area and we thought they were 'making a stand against the dress code'. The next night they turned up and sat at the same tables around the pool area in formal wear even though they had used the buffet restaurant to keep in line with the dress code and they had a fab evening !!!

You should never judge a book by its cover --- and that family really did have a great holiday - they made it their own and really didnt get wrapped up in what everyone else was doing. I admire them and wish them many happy cruises !!!

I hope that this does not offend but it is my opinion so here goes!

I really do not understand all this about dress codes and standards. Its all about knowing what to do at the right time.

I was raised simply to observe the rules. If its a black tie ball and you don't want to wear one then don't go. If you play for Liverpool and want to wear a green strip then you won't be allowed on the field - its so simple! Choose where you want to be in accordance with the rules. There are many cruise lines and plenty of different places to dine and enjoy a cruise without blatantly disregarding the code of the vessel and to do so is just bad manners - in my view.

I hope that this does not offend but it is my opinion so here goes!

I really do not understand all this about dress codes and standards. Its all about knowing what to do at the right time.

I was raised simply to observe the rules. If its a black tie ball and you don't want to wear one then don't go. If you play for Liverpool and want to wear a green strip then you won't be allowed on the field - its so simple! Choose where you want to be in accordance with the rules. There are many cruise lines and plenty of different places to dine and enjoy a cruise without blatantly disregarding the code of the vessel and to do so is just bad manners - in my view.

Exactly. We just need P&O to define exactly which set of rules to follow (website, brochure or email responses), enforce it on the ships and lose at least one or two ships to balance fleet size versus no. traditional cruisers.

Exactly. We just need P&O to define exactly which set of rules to follow (website, brochure or email responses), enforce it on the ships and lose at least one or two ships to balance fleet size versus no. traditional cruisers.

Exactly - They should be clear and concise in literature, web site and TA and let the public know the general "aim" of the ship like the adult only ones and the Ocean Village philosophy

Archived