Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Alrighty, I took pictures of my clothes last night and got the majority rolled up an into just 2 eBags packing cubes (one large, one medium). Those things are impressive. I realized I don't really have outfits, per se, but can mix and match all my bottoms + tops. Unfortunately most of my tops are just fitted v-neck tshirts, but I plan to wear dresses mostly at night, anyway.

I will upload and post pictures tonight but here is my list that I can remember (we will also be spending 1/2 day in Fort Lauderdale before and 2 days in Naples after our 7 night cruise):

7 fitted tshirts

4 pairs of long pants; 2 skinny ankle pants, 2 long dressy pants

4 pairs casual shorts

2 pairs dressier shorts

1 lace short sleeved "sweater"

2 3/4 length shirts (including anchor embarkation shirt)

2 athletic tanks

2 swim suits

2 swim suit coverups

6 dresses (for dinner; will be wearing dress pants first night)

6 or 7 pairs of shoes (?!)

Jean jacket

Black cardigan (dolman style sleeves)

pajamas (of course!)

I'll also have a pair of jeans, tennis shoes, and a hoodie/fleece, that I'll be wearing to fly down and back.

Sounds like a good plan!

Life IsButADream: Double Wow!! Your photos are the best evericon14.gif

ALL your purses, especially the palm tree evening bag are gorgeous. If nothing else, this thread has introduced me to the pleasures of accessories.

Your M&M outfit - genius! The Goodwill pants and the shoes are absolutely perfect...and your Valentines' Day dress w/ heart pin couldn't be a better choice.

Thank you so-o-o much for taking time to share all the outfits - really good camera work, too:cool::).

Thank you, Indiana!! I learned my "pro" camera work from someone special....YOU!! LOL!!! :D This is such a fun, fun thread...looking forward to seeing more pictures!! I leave tomorrow morning....woo hoo!!

Your outfits are all very cute and well thought out!

Here are the pictures of clothes I'm taking on my 7 night Oasis cruise one week from Saturday (Eeeks!). :)

Our packing cubes:

6ad0d24d-c82f-4254-b34e-194c584d94fb_zpsaef1abd1.jpg

My dinner dresses (minus my white formal dress):

acedd455-faa6-416e-85f1-acda34dca293_zps3964bb8e.jpg

My shirts. Top left is for embarkation with navy skinny pants:

7eaebbca-114b-4192-866c-9f8f348c9c9b_zps404c3021.jpg

My bottoms. My favorite (that I forgot about I bought!) is the green shorts with white flowers:

46fa4e9f-6f9b-48a2-9155-7b2652cd90e5_zpse7a15fbf.jpg

These include shorts, bermuda shorts, chambray capris, and skinny pants.

more to come in the next post...

Edited by arom729

Arom and Lifeisbutadream....Love all of your clothes!!!

Arom, your dresses are adorable and I really like all of your tops as well. Nice details in all of them and love that Anchor shirt :)

Just wish I could jump in both of your suitcases and go with you as we hunker down here in Boston getting ready for The Big One......wish us luck.

Thank goodness I can look forward to two weeks on my beloved island of St. Croix in March!

Arom and Lifeisbutadream....Love all of your clothes!!!

Arom, your dresses are adorable and I really like all of your tops as well. Nice details in all of them and love that Anchor shirt :)

Just wish I could jump in both of your suitcases and go with you as we hunker down here in Boston getting ready for The Big One......wish us luck.

Thank goodness I can look forward to two weeks on my beloved island of St. Croix in March!

Thank you! Be safe! Some ppl on my roll call are concerned! Hope it's all clear for them by next week. :)

Oh, and I don't know if you can tell, but besides the yellow and top two shirts--the rest are all just 3 different kinds. Three ruffled Eddie Bauer shirts (from Sams Club), 2 plain v-neck from North Face, and 2 striped shirts (exact same design) from North Face. :)

Edited by arom729

Lovestx....BE SAFE!!

Arom....love all of your clothes and your daughter's stuff is ADORABLE...wish I was on your ship just to see her....

Leaving in about an hour to hit the open road...driving to Florida to catch the ship on Sunday...woo hoo!!

Safe travels everyone and enjoy your cruises...let's meet back here after and post more pictures!! :)

Barb

arom729: Photo of dinner dresses: I'm partial to red and love the red dress on the right side of the pix.

Bright tops: ideal cruisewear:cool:

Green Print Shorts: I have those, too! Just looking at them, they say, "Caribbean cruise, Caribbean cruise...":cool:

Your daughter's outfits are adorable! Love the bright colored top with white pants and the beach print dress.

Thanks for sharing!:)

We have eyes and ears on the Weather Channel - leaving tomorrow afternoon to drive across PA and then Sunday AM, doing the last 2 hours to Bayonne. Hoping the Big Storm will not be as Big as predicted....

arom729: Photo of dinner dresses: I'm partial to red and love the red dress on the right side of the pix.

Green Print Shorts: I have those, too! Just looking at them, they say, "Caribbean cruise, Caribbean cruise...":cool:

Your daughter's outfits are adorable! Love the bright colored top with white pants and the beach print dress.

We have eyes and ears on the Weather Channel - leaving tomorrow afternoon to drive across PA and then Sunday AM, doing the last 2 hours to Bayonne. Hoping the Big Storm will not be as Big as predicted....

I hope that you will be able to make the drive with the storm coming. Can you leave early?

Indiana, is the ship leaving on Sunday? I think the main roads in NJ (where my family lives) will be open and passable by then so you should be fine. But your sailaway outfit will need to be warmer than when you left in December--I remember it was something like 60 degrees in NYC that day!!! Bon Voyage!

My son is in college in Central PA and I just checked their webcam....no snow there now. Safe travels!!!

Edited by lovestx

Thank you! Be safe! Some ppl on my roll call are concerned! Hope it's all clear for them by next week. :)

Oh, and I don't know if you can tell, but besides the yellow and top two shirts--the rest are all just 3 different kinds. Three ruffled Eddie Bauer shirts (from Sams Club), 2 plain v-neck from North Face, and 2 striped shirts (exact same design) from North Face. :)

Should have looked more closely. LOVE those Costco ruffled shirts :)

And your roll call friends should be fine by next week.

We're leaving early tomorrow afternoon and will be in eastern PA approx 5:30. Winter storm warning expires 1 PM, so the snowfall should be done by then. Sunday AM drive to Bayonne should give road crews plenty of time to clean the highway. (keeping fingers crossed anyway!)

lovestx: You're right! It was 60 degrees in December. I'm switching out the wedge shoes tomorrow for my trusty snow boots - just in case.

Boarding: purple cords, a knit long sleeve top and a cream-colored crocheted sweater. I'm staying with my shoe choice - flats...but adding tights. The jacket I bought for December will work again - cream-colored and I add a mixed pastel scarf - and white gloves:eek:. Not exactly Caribbean tropical, but bright and cheerful (like I will be WHEN we finally board:cool:!)

I'll be more diligent about having DH take Outfit Photos.

Will check in one more time tomorrow...

Edited by indiana71

I hate to start a new thread with this question....since all the Fashionistas are here I hope it's ok to ask this, without being in danger of hi-jacking the thread. There is a separate thread for shoes....tell me if I should start one for this....my feelings won't be hurt!

My subject is hats. Darlings I LOVE them! And I need them to keep the sun off me. I love straw, wide brims, with sunglasses. I have at least three I don't think I can cruise without. One is navy and beige stripes with sunglasses ( big) think Audrey Hepburn...the other is a big red one that is sort of shaped around the brim, and the third, beige straw with turquoise, very wide brim.

What do you see? Would I be the only one? These would be daytime wear with capris and bright tops. I could wear one on the plane, prolly the navy....but the others would have to be packed. Is wind such an issue it would be totally impractical?

Please comment....do you see hats like this? Am I crazy? Any packing tips?

Thanks CCF's!

Terry

Terryd444: Welcome to CCF! We talk about all things fashion-related:). I didn't think much about evening handbags until several posts (and photos) mentioned them...now the Cruise Room is home to 10+! So WHY NOT HATS??? For one thing, a hat provides sun protection. I look forward to hearing more!

Wind is definitely a concern. I've had an EARRING (without the little rubber back thing) blow out:eek:. Ball caps fly around open decks. But keep that in mind and Go For It!

My concern would be the amount of luggage space they take. I've seen ones that fold. Tell us more about yours!

We're 2 hours away from departing for the first leg of our journey. Temp is in the mid 20s, sun peaks out once in awhile. Roads, for the most part, should be clear.

One poster from that thread is trying to get out of Chicago today. Fingers are crossed for anyone (our cruise and others) for safe traveling. Tomorrow is SailAway and weather should be more agreeable...but not warm enough to be on deck. It is, after all, winter in northeastern US!

I hate to start a new thread with this question....since all the Fashionistas are here I hope it's ok to ask this, without being in danger of hi-jacking the thread. There is a separate thread for shoes....tell me if I should start one for this....my feelings won't be hurt!

My subject is hats. Darlings I LOVE them! And I need them to keep the sun off me. I love straw, wide brims, with sunglasses. I have at least three I don't think I can cruise without. One is navy and beige stripes with sunglasses ( big) think Audrey Hepburn...the other is a big red one that is sort of shaped around the brim, and the third, beige straw with turquoise, very wide brim.

What do you see? Would I be the only one? These would be daytime wear with capris and bright tops. I could wear one on the plane, prolly the navy....but the others would have to be packed. Is wind such an issue it would be totally impractical?

Please comment....do you see hats like this? Am I crazy? Any packing tips?

Thanks CCF's!

Terry

Many, many women (and men for that matter) wear hats. You will NOT be out of place. Have a GREAT time

PS...the OASIS is the most AMAZING ship

Edited by susie8862
x

I too love hats, have a few beauties from my Royal Ascot and Derby days. Not much call to wear them round here though apart from wedding,funerals and christenings!!!

I do take a couple of hats when we go anywhere on vacation though.

I do the big wide brim hats on the cruise incl. the journey to the terminal (easiest way to carry it) and then wear smaller hats for "non nautical" vacations. I don't give a hoot if people look or I am the only one:D

The only place I wouldn't wear it is in the MDR. (Or place it on any table).

I wish I could post a picture of the top I just ordered on clearance from Target (online), but with my work internet filters, I can't get back on the site today. Boo! But, it is called " Mossimo® Women's Tank w/ Green Sequin Paillettes -Honeydew Green" if you want to look it up. It is so cute! All over sequins in front and plain in back. I'm thinking I may wear it to dinner the first night with my navy linen pants & a jean jacket. I'd originally thought I'd wear a flowy white top, but fell in love with this one! It'll look nice with DD's Janie & Jack pant suit I posted a few days ago, too, I think. I'll get it mid-next-week, and we leave on Friday! I just hope it comes in time! :)

I think this will be absolutely beautiful with a jean jacket and navy pants! I may just have to copy your look! ;-)

I've been reading Cruise Critic for several months now in preparation for my second cruise coming up on 6-16-13. I stumbled upon this thread and got hooked! I've been neglecting my family all week :p reading from the first entry all the way through page 103. I'm glad to know that I am not crazy and that there are other ladies just like me who love packing, making spreadsheets and picking out clothes months before their sail date. I'm looking forward to shopping, planning and getting advice on outfits to wear for my upcoming cruise.