Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Have to admit that I'd never considered white. The last pair I bought was for my high school graduation and that was.....a while ago. ;)

Changing the topic... Are you sailing out of Baltimore?

Back on topic... I like the white sandal idea - very versatile.

Yes I am sailing out of Baltimore Scrapnana.

Would love to hear your experiences. I am less than a three hour car ride from the port and would love to take a cruise (doesn't really matter where) that does not involve flying to get there. I was excited when the cruise port at Norfolk opened but that looks like it has pretty much died so Baltimore isn't that much farther.

Would love to hear your experiences. I am less than a three hour car ride from the port and would love to take a cruise (doesn't really matter where) that does not involve flying to get there. I was excited when the cruise port at Norfolk opened but that looks like it has pretty much died so Baltimore isn't that much farther.

We've done it once before. It was the easiest embark, debark, and most relaxing cruise we've taken. There's no rush to get on or off because of airport schedules. :D Can't wait to do it again!

jkudzu: White shoes would look very nice with your dress. I found a pair of white Clark wedges last year on zappos. com. Zappos always has free shipping and an order usually arrives within 3-4 days. The website is super easy to navigate: choose your size, style, color and heel height.

We LOVE cruising out of Baltimore, and jkudzu, May 17 we'll be on Grandeur of the Seas. What ship are you going on?

Getting to the port is well-marked, leaving the parking lot is easy, too. And it's so nice to park within an easy walking distance of the ship.

WalMart hasn't been a very fertile shopping venue lately...but today I found a pair of chartreuse :eek: Capris - don't know what top to pair with them...I'll find something in the Cruise Room! And a knit top in a print that matches perfectly with a pair of blue Capris I've had for a year...all for $15:). Not bad, considering the shopping list didn't include clothes!

Also stopped for a pedicure. The salon doesn't take appointments and there's always a wait time. I spent that time checking out the designs they have done and found the perfect one for the Family Cruise - a palm tree - on each big toe! Meanwhile, it's nice to wear sandals and see my feet looking nice again:cool:! (photo next week...)

Jkudzu, I was going to suggest zappos.com too......I also have RA and no longer can wear heels :(. I found 3 great pair of sandals with very low heels/kittens on there a few months ago for our upcoming cruise (43 days!). They also take returns for a year with free shipping. Happy shopping :)

Hi CCF

It is a dull day in way upstate NY today. I did some shopping the other day and to check out the stores here, since I have been away in our winter home in Florida. The summer stock seems to be coming out on the store shelves here. But I made a stop a local jewelers to buy something that I have thought about for a while. I did buy it! My first Pandora bracelet and charm! Can you all guess what charm? -------It is the cruise ship charm! I just love it. Now to start to think about what other charms I would want.

Hi Ladies,

We leave on our cruise in less than 3 weeks. I'm having trouble deciding what shoes to wear with this dress. I thought I was going to wear a pair of red strappy (kitten heel) sandals but they are so uncomfortable. I've looked through my other heels and I do have a taupe pair and a pewter pair that are really comfortable but I don't know if they go with the dress. I'm out of my element when things don't match perfectly. I can't do high heels anymore due to arthritis--only kitten or flats. I have a challenge for you. Could you please help me find a pair of affordable (cheap) kitten heels that would go with this dress ? Thank you in advance. :)

[ATTACH]270162[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]270163[/ATTACH]

I love this dress! Perfect for cruising!!

I spent most of today shopping...but only the first hour buying. Talbot's was my first stop. Didn't know there was a Buy One, Get Second One 50% Off Sale.

In my bag were items for the Family Cruise:

Peach shorts with embroidered white sunfish

Navy Capris

Bright yellow & white print pencil skirt

and the only item on sale: a navy long sleeve pullover sweater

After trying those on and telling the saleslady about cruising, she went in the back and brought out some items just received...

So I added -

Red & white striped knit top (with a beaded white seahorse on the front)

I'm very pleased with my purchases, but won't have time to fit them in to the spreadsheet until after Memorial Day weekend - and then the Family Cruise will be in Final Countdown. Yikes!! Time is going by quickly;).

Macy's, Charming Charlie's, and other mall stores weren't fruitful stops...but that's okay. I don't need anything else...I don't need anything else...I don't need anything else...

geocruiser: I know Pandora bracelets are popular, but I haven't looked at them. The cruise charm sounds adorable...hmmmm...maybe it's time to visit the jewelry store...

I don't need anything else...I don't need anything else...I don't need anything else...

Let me know how that works for you. Every time I try saying that I find something that is too good of a buy to pass up.:eek:

Edited by Scrapnana

Hi CCF

It is a dull day in way upstate NY today. I did some shopping the other day and to check out the stores here, since I have been away in our winter home in Florida. The summer stock seems to be coming out on the store shelves here. But I made a stop a local jewelers to buy something that I have thought about for a while. I did buy it! My first Pandora bracelet and charm! Can you all guess what charm? -------It is the cruise ship charm! I just love it. Now to start to think about what other charms I would want.

Now your hooked! I got my Pandora bracelet 3 years ago for Christmas. I'm extremely hard to buy for and picky, to boot! I suggested that to my DH that year and now both DH and DD know what they can get me. I now have three different types of bracelets, and many charms. I always pick up a new charm on my vacations since receiving my bracelet. I've gotten a sea shell with a star fish on it, a charm with a hanging flip flop and a dice (or is it die) from Vegas, of course!. I now have easily 30 charms. My DD loved it so much, she's even got one now too!

Edited by Ontario cruise duo

Now your hooked! I got my Pandora bracelet 3 years ago for Christmas. I'm extremely hard to buy for and picky, to boot! I suggested that to my DH that year and now both DH and DD know what they can get me. I now have three different types of bracelets, and many charms. I always pick up a new charm on my vacations since receiving my bracelet. I've gotten a sea shell with a star fish on it, a charm with a hanging flip flop and a dice (or is it die) from Vegas, of course!. I now have easily 30 charms. My DD loved it so much, she's even got one now too!

You are right! I am hooked. Today I brought two more charms. One with a bear (to remind me about when we went to Alaska. And the second one is the star fish on a shell. The starfish is in gold tone while the shell is in silver (this one reminds me when I would S.C.U.B.A. dive in my younger days picking up star fish to look at. And of course I place them right back when I got them from..

On this thread I discovered evening handbags and sun hats...will my next revelation be a Pandora bracelet???? I'm thinking about getting one for each DDL...with the cruise ship charm that is too adorable:).

I don't need anything else....etc....except yesterday when I found a tropical colored (pinks and greens) knit top. It's not form fitting and will be perfect for the Last Cruise Day.

QUESTION: Do you plan an outfit for the end of the cruise that is (somewhat) looser than those worn at the beginning???

That's a given for me. No matter how serious I am about eating sensibly, I still eat more...not more often, just bigger portions and a bigger lunch. So the skinny pants and Spandex infused tops aren't all that comfortable come Day 7...

That's part of cruising that I gladly accept and work to drop the couple extra pounds afterwards...

On this thread I discovered evening handbags and sun hats...will my next revelation be a Pandora bracelet???? I'm thinking about getting one for each DDL...with the cruise ship charm that is too adorable:).

I don't need anything else....etc....except yesterday when I found a tropical colored (pinks and greens) knit top. It's not form fitting and will be perfect for the Last Cruise Day.

QUESTION: Do you plan an outfit for the end of the cruise that is (somewhat) looser than those worn at the beginning???

That's a given for me. No matter how serious I am about eating sensibly, I still eat more...not more often, just bigger portions and a bigger lunch. So the skinny pants and Spandex infused tops aren't all that comfortable come Day 7...

That's part of cruising that I gladly accept and work to drop the couple extra pounds afterwards...

I sure your DDL will love the bracelet with the cruise ship charm.

I will wear the same type of outfits for the last day of the cruise and to go home in. I can do this because I do wear lots of skirts with elastic waist bands.

I usually wear stretchy things the day we disembark to comfortable for our 6 hour drive, but, I never thought of taking something comfy for the last sea day! I just bought some twill shorts and capris from Old Navy that have the stretchy waist, now I know to save them for the end of the week! Thanks Indiana for the great tip!! :D

Wearing elastic-waist pants - that would be the start of a too-slippery slope for me . . . When things start to get tight on me, that's when I know it's time for some behavior modification. I have too much money tied up in my wardrobe to have things in there that don't fit.

To clarify my last remarks, I'm only speaking for myself, of course, but keeping my weight down has never been easy for me, and I've always found it easier to get rid of an extra 5 pounds than an extra 20. On vacation, I find that I often eat less (no snacks lying around) and walk more (so many sights to see), so the clothes typically fit the same when I'm on my way home . . .