What would you like to see on Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

Dan Askin

• 3 weeks later...
Johnny Rockets...

Sandy

I agree. either you want good food or McDonalds, Can't believe in this day and age of better health information, people still eat that processed mush. McD would lower the overall tone of A cruise ship to a floating mall.

McD's Thick shakes are awesome though :)

GREAT Ideas from everyone!

#1 Love the swim up bar idea

# Lazyman river one for adults and one for kids would be awesome. lol

# Like the revamp on the logo store. I would like to see large recycle bags for sale with the crown and anchor logo

# Free internet is a must!!

# Solo cabins is also a must!!

# Love the Starbucks on Oasis class..if they were going to add more name brands I would like to see a PF Changs. Not enough good Asian food available

# Self laundry for sure

# Love the underwater viewing area. Let us certified scuba divers dive there for your viewing pleasure. :)

# Hoping "Wicked" will be the Broadway show on board

# Cant wait to see the new ships! Keep up the excellent work RCCL!

Solo-cruiser cabins with no overcharge.

As a single person who loves to travel, this would definately be a plus. I'm a light sleeper, so even when I travel with friends, I would prefer to book a solo room.

Just discovered this thread! Have no intentions to look through all 26 pages so if I cover something that's already been said, sorry!

This is just a small wish list:

#1: Water slides, please Royal?!

#2: Solarium similar to the Celebrity S-Class

#3: Large main pool w/ swim up bar

#4: Dedicated area for Movies under the stars! (The screens are just awkwardly placed on some of the RCI ships because they weren't originally designed with them.

#5: Affordable loft suites :p

No free wifi - this is one of the best things about being on a cruise! Being disconnected from the world, after all we are on vacation!

Don't know about the under water stuff people are talking about...what would you all see?! Plus there is always the possibility of the glass breaking :eek:

Wow! Some great ideas! Hoping to see some on the new Quantum class!! We would love to see:

• a water park with waterslides and play structure / lazy river
  • free internet
  • swim up pool bar
  • Wicked Broadway show (or any other good ones!) that would change to give "re-cruisers" a new show to see
  • more food venues open after 9pm that are not for a fee (like Park Café for example - wish it were open until 11-ish....)
  • a promenade deck with seating
  • comfy seating - cushiony chairs on decks

;)

HORSE RACES!a

Well that is about a good a suggestion as some of the other idiotic ideas.

I think the Quantum Class has been built for Asia , Northern Europe , Arctic and Antarctic cruises etc.

The 3rd and maybe 4th Oasis Class ?? ships would be used in the Med.

I would be very surprised that much changes from the slightly bigger ships except the Aqua Theater has gone and

replaced by a Restaurant ?? .

If you look at this image you can clearly see a large Double Story glassed area Blue/Pink where the Aqua Theater

is on Allure / Oasis

S23.jpg

Something needs to be done about the lack of real Asian Restaurants and I think that the loft suites will go.

SS2.jpg

I have a lot better image of this and it matches the side view above for most of the details

The Front

Has seven small pools/spas either side

A Big Pool that appears to step down

and several other pool / spas.

Appears to be glassed in and probably has a system to cover up the main roof above the pools

A tiered restaurant above this area.

The Middle

Large TV screen

Several pools

No open space into the void ?? below, for a zip line etc

There could be 2 flow riders under Glass towards the front of the middle. (behind the yellow bit in

the side image above.)

To my poor fried brain this means it has been designed for crappy weather and more sea days.

like this ship:

Pretty cool video concept! Although I'm sure the Balcony Club members would disagree!

I think a water slide would be a great idea! If Disney can do it, why not RCI?

More use of increased technology. RF chips in your seapass card so you could easily locate a family member. Some type of messaging system using shipwide iPads at central locations so you could easily send messages to other people. (Or do they have this already? Haven't been on Oasis or Allure yet!)

Something needs to be done about the lack of real Asian Restaurants and I think that the loft suites will go.

I agree that we may see a new Asian Restaurant because that market is beginning to boom and it may be introduced to see how well it does. But I disagree about the lofts going, I think they will definitely be on this ship as RCI has done well with them. You can also tell there is room for them in about the same location as Allure/Oasis if you look at the block picture you have.

Can't wait till next tuesday!!

I agree that we may see a new Asian Restaurant because that market is beginning to boom and it may be introduced to see how well it does. But I disagree about the lofts going, I think they will definitely be on this ship as RCI has done well with them. You can also tell there is room for them in about the same location as Allure/Oasis if you look at the block picture you have.

Can't wait till next tuesday!!

What is next Tuesday?

Also I heard Quantum will be sailing from NJ. One port of call is St Marteen as it shows up on their 'ships in port' manafast for 2014.

What is next Tuesday?

Also I heard Quantum will be sailing from NJ. One port of call is St Marteen as it shows up on their 'ships in port' manafast for 2014.

Next Tuesday (April 16) Royal Caribbean will be revealing new details about the Quantum class at a special event in NYC! :D

It is heavily rumored that Quantum will sail from Bayonne!

HIGH SPEED INTERNET!

Okay, at least moderate speed internet.

If they can do it on an airplane, they can most assuredly do it on a boat! Don't be shy, ask for what you really want. I will echo that request! :)

I agree that we may see a new Asian Restaurant because that

market is beginning to boom and it may be introduced to see how well it does.

But I disagree about the lofts going, I think they will definitely be on this ship as RCI has done well with them.

I assume you mean above the tiered restaurant ?? (Red Block)

S23.jpg

I wondered if they would not be in the (Pink Block) as you can see a couple of Double Height

spaces behind what I assume is a double height restaurant

The top deck above the restaurant looks like a single height deck to me.

SS2.jpg

Still I am not sure you are correct about the lofts doing well.

I went through a lot of different 2013 and similar 2014 trips on Oasis and Allure and

the lofts were always up for grabs as opposed to GS ,OS , Aqua etc.

Also I have noticed on Oceania ,Seabourne etc that the big front suites are the last to sell out.

But someone who has spent more time on Fares , Cabins etc might add something to this.

I would like to see

An extra pay service that unpackes all you belongings for you so when you get to your room it's all done for you.

Regardless of cabin cat.

I hate unpacking it seems a waste of valuable time.

Cantilever hot tubs from balconies

Individual disposable tongs at the buffet

Attendants in every public toilet full time.

Juice included in package instead of trying to order a vodka and orange without the vodka?silly really.

Also the package being Inc in r service,for a tip.

A kids premium virgin package to Inc soft cocktails

More family activities instead of kids clubs or adults stuff

Maybe family gameshows or family v family competitions .

Don't know why the emphasis is on the adults getting rid of the kids all the time?

Some families actually like spending time together.

No pestering by drinks waiters,I will get your attention or ask you to come over.I don't like being hounded the whole time.

Kids suntan lotion spray booth.

Or even adults too?

Archived