What would you like to see on Royal Caribbean's new ship(s)?

Dan Askin

Self service laundromats

Better itineraries...need new places to go to

Less for fees venues

No smoking indoorsbalconies only in very high outdoor decks ...keep smoke away from those who do not like it

A little more room in cabins to stop bumping into things

I think it'd be great if they managed to combine te Promenade with Central Park (a RP with plants and maybe retractable glass roofs?) but still have all the venues such as 150 Central Park, Chops, Cafe Promenade, etc with large windows looking the ocean. Some other things I've been thinking would be a totally covered solarium with retractable roof (not open like the Voyager/Freedom or the semi-covered Oasis ones), more cantileved whirlpools, spa/finess back upstairs by the pools and with large windows, and possibly an aft pool (maybe the kids' themed pool) by the flowrider.

I'm anticipating more "neighborhoods" similar to Oasis, only perhaps featuring outdoor dining and shopping perhaps....like an open Promenade perhaps.

Also expect more atrium light and water-access services (pools, jaccuzzis, flowriders, water slide, etc.)...and more deck space to earn the "Sunshine" name of this series.

One last idea - some suites with some sort of open view of the sky (on the top deck to keep privacy).

The shipbuilder who is building the Quantum class ships is in Papenburg, Germany. This same builder built the Radiance class ships...so that gives a little clue as to what we might expect.:)

You could be right. But the Quanta will be much bigger than the Radii, so considering how much different the Oasis class is from the Freedoms [also built by the same builder but not as dramatic an increase in size (Quantum is projected to be about 74% bigger than Radiance whereas Oasis is only about 46% bigger than Freedom based on GT)] I wouldn't necessarily assume too much from the fact MW has built prior RCI ships. Also, with Fain and company encouraging us to expect a "quantum leap in ship design," and promising the watchword is "designed for wow," I will be greatly disappointed if what we ultimately see is a bigger version of a prior class.

The shipbuilder who is building the Quantum class ships is in Papenburg, Germany. This same builder built the Radiance class ships...so that gives a little clue as to what we might expect.:)

They also built Celebrity's five Solstice class ships.

What I would like to see fleet-wide is some revision in activities. Don't take me wrong, DH and I love Royal and had a great time on our recent cruise.

But they really need some new questions for Love & Marriage, and we saw almost the exact same cake decorating "contest" on Voyager 2 years ago.

The trivia questions were new, at least to me, altho there was a rumor that one lady had memorized the answers from her last cruise.

We enjoyed the "old" menu. It was our longest cruise, so some of the items were new to us. I am sure some of the D and D+ members will really enjoy the new one:), however.

Love the covered solarium.

Concierge lounge with views (not like the ones on the Voyager Class).

CC with views for me! (rather than a midship cave)

Pool Butlers who actually remove sunbed hoggers towels.

People who respect old fahioned good manners

People who do not queue jump

The List goes on.............................

Any suggestions?

Just got off Brilliance and the Activities Director at the M&M told us they have been told limited info about the new ships but that they were more like Freedom class ships and would have somewhat larger cabins and fewer passengers.

One of the big changes for the new ships is a more fuel efficient power plant/engines. Not sure exactly what that means but should be interesting.

...with Fain and company encouraging us to expect a "quantum leap in ship design," and promising the watchword is "designed for wow,"....

There have been a number of clues on-line to the ships external appearance. I certainly can't see an Aqua-Theatre, Board-walk or Central Park? See here: http://youtu.be/irHqnLKTtCc

I wonder what the 'wow' factor can be?

There have been a number of clues on-line to the ships external appearance. I certainly can't see an Aqua-Theatre, Board-walk or Central Park? See here: http://youtu.be/irHqnLKTtCc

I wonder what the 'wow' factor can be?

I am sure their plan is to keep us wondering as long as possible.

Personally, I don't see a whole lot in the models that gives any real insight into the design. The models of the pool deck appear to show a sizable covered area and what I would guess are loft suite type cabins. Both of which are available on existing ships. The hydrodynamic model shows little of the design. If I understand correctly it is intended to test the hull design [the underside of the hull is not visible and I am not enough of a naval architect for it to be meaningful even if I could see it]. In any event, I don't think even the most revolutionary hull design would be a real "wow" factor for the passengers. As to what I can see, the lifeboats hanging out over the side are concerning. Could indicate the obstructed view "tunnels" [as on Oasis] instead of an outside promenade. Don't know much more than I did months ago. But I would not consider rehashed ideas from prior ships [like a covered solarium, loft suites, central park, boardwalk, aqua theater, etc.] to be consistent with the "quantum leap" representations. I certainly haven't see any thing worthy of a "Wow" yet.

As a Diamond Plus member my wife and I are definetely interested in the layout of the concierge lounge. After numerous sailings on the Freedom class ships I don't care to be stuck in a small room insufficient for even thirty guest without any view of the outside. Hopefully they will copy the layout of the Oasis class ships as to the concierge lounge. You can definetely get spoiled with the breakfast and lunch served daily plus the evening drinks, and hot appetizers.

Another dining area that we have grown fond of is the Park café. Wonderful salads, sandwiches ,and desserts in a very casual atmosphere.

I'm sure whatever the layout RCCL will do their best as in the past to deliver the Wow experience.

What would really go beyond Wow would be the ship being home ported in Port Canaveral. I love going out of that port and even though I love the Freedom Of The Seas I would like to see a third RCCL ship sailing from that port !

Archived